Prayer request for my cat Orion

rhawk

I'm a CAT-HOLIC, proud cat parent & Catholic.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2015
Montana
✟420,361.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
Among the things wrong, he has had very bad pancreatitis and the internal issues that we have long thought may be cancer. We cannot risk a biopsy as he has a heart murmur and has always tested as a bad risk for anesthesia.
He stopped eating and began to throw up and had diarrhea all with blood and bile last week. He was rushed at night for an emergency appointment. He has not been eating since last Wednesday evening and was throwing up and diarrhea with blood and bile. Saturday we had to get him back to the hospital as he was very lethargic and had a high fever. His temp was over 104 point something and the big initial issue to address then was getting that fever down and get him hydrated (we was dehydrated and refusing to drink). Unlike when I lived in Chicago, there are no night emergency vet hospitals here, so when our cats have to stay I always pay to have the tech stay there each night and I will visit as I want through the night and day. I went to see him about 4pm Saturday, and again at 7pm and I stayed for several hours. His fever had come down a little to about 103 by then (helped by the sub-q fluids). He did puke and had diarrhea with bile again then too. :( I was there again at 9am Sunday, 3pm and several hours Sunday night. His temp hit 101 Sunday morning, more what is considered normal, and he was a little more active, aka looking around and hissing at the vet when it came time for fluids again. He came home last night in hopes that being in the familiar and with us and his cat friends would help get him to eat. He licked some food last night, but no more than 1/2 teaspoon. He continues to have diarrhea with bile and some blood in it, though perhaps not as much as before, but then again he has nothing in him to poop. He is 15, and a senior kitty. I just am not fully prepared for a new loss (mentally) and this is killing me. He either has to come around and his pancreatitis needs to calm down and quickly or he will not make it much longer. Here he is at the vet on Saturday night.
WP_20181028_10_36_13_Pro500.jpg

Please say a prayer for him, he really needs it.

This is the first picture ever taken of him when he was 3 weeks old (a Hawk dropped him on the road and I stopped and saved him on Sept. 4th 2003.)
FirstPicture.jpg

Orion, I love you so much! If you have to leave now I am sure ^Hamlet^, ^Itchy^ and ^Leo^ will be there if meet you till we are all together again.

Greg J.

Site Supporter
Mar 2, 2016
Southeast Michigan
✟233,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I was a volunteer at the local Human Society for years.

15 years old is rather old for a cat. I had to have my beautiful, beloved 14ish year old cat euthanized at the beginning of the year due to terrible, painful, and incurable medical conditions. It is something that my nature cries out should never have to be done to someone/something one loves. Suffering and death only exist because of sin. I hate sin more now than I did before.

I wrote up some thoughts about God redeeming animals here.

Upvote 0

rhawk

I'm a CAT-HOLIC, proud cat parent & Catholic.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2015
Montana
✟420,361.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
I wanted to thank everyone who prayed for Orion.
On Thursday Nov. 1st we were ready to let him go, based on his condition and the vet's recommendation on Wednesday. We were there in the afternoon visiting and meeting with the vet and let him know our decision. The vet asked to give him at least another day as he thought Orion had a 1% improvement. So we waited. Orion began to "recover" and he came home Friday. He is a lot better now, but still far from healthy. If you consider a scale of 1 to 10, he was a 1 that morning we were ready to let him go. He is a 5 or 6 today. He will never be fully recovered I am sure, but we hope for a 7 or 8 eventually. SO thank you for your prayers. I believe it helped.

Upvote 0