• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Prayer Request for Illness

Discussion in 'Prayer Wall' started by Efkharisto2018, Jan 12, 2018.

1. Efkharisto2018

Efkharisto2018 New Member

+31
    United States
    Lutheran
    Private
    Hi all,

I have very bad OCD which comes about due to a hormonal imbalance. I have been to therapy for it, but they were not able to help much, as mine is mostly pure OCD (Just thoughts, rarely physical compulsions.) Some months it barely causes any issues, other months I'm scared that I'll lose my faith in God and His promise to me. I would appreciate your prayers for my encouragement and belief. When my OCD is not bothering me during that time of month, my mind is clear and I have faith and wonder why I ever doubted. I have been praying compulsively for days now to get encouragement and have received none; and I have also had others (Family and friends) praying for me. I know sometimes that God tests us through this. It's difficult to keep on believing things when God is silent, but I know that He was silent to Job for a long time. I know none of you know me, and I'm new here, but your heartfelt prayers for my encouragement are so appreciated right now.

Thank you for reading, and God bless!

2. redleghunter

redleghunter Abide Boldly! Supporter

+14,100
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Praying for you sister. OCD is quite a challenge and I pray the Lord will deliver you during the most anxious of times.

Perhaps staying rooted to God's promises will help in your most trying of times. Here are a few you could write out on index cards and keep close:

30 Bible Verses to Help Beat Worry and Anxiety - Encouraging Scripture Quotes

Last edited: Jan 12, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  3. Efkharisto2018

+31
    United States
    Lutheran
    Private
    Thank you very much for your prayers! I've already done that index card idea with Bible verses before, so perhaps I can try it soon with promises in the Bible. I appreciate that you took out the time to respond! God bless!

4. redleghunter

+14,100
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    My younger son is OCD with dyslexia. He dealt with a lot of anxiety a few years ago which in times of stress with school crops up. Love ya Bro and praying.

5. Efkharisto2018

+31
    United States
    Lutheran
    Private
    I'm sorry to hear your son OCD, I'd never wish it on my worst enemy. :( I hope he's doing well!

6. redleghunter

+14,100
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    We are homeschooling him this year and he has improved.
    Thank you.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  7. Winken

Winken Jonah !!! Supporter

+3,392
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Others
    Looks like we should refer to you as "Sis," rather than "Bro." Praying for you!!:groupray:

8. redleghunter

+14,100
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Duly noted and corrected. Thank you!

9. Efkharisto2018

+31
    United States
    Lutheran
    Private
    Thank you to both of you! :wave:

10. Greg Merrill

Greg Merrill Well-Known Member

+2,568
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Republican
    Father, I read this one's starting post and hear of prayer and of You being silent, but I read nothing about Your written Word. May Christians not be just dependent on prayer, or expect You to speak to them if Your Word is not being read, studied, obey, and interacted with by praying to You in response to it. May Philippians 4:6-8 be applied and may You use it to be the cure or remedy or relief of so many "ailments" people have and suffer with. Those doctors, counselors, psychiatrists, teachers, friends, celebrities, parents, etc., etc., that do not prescribe any of Your Word at all, and that do not bring the cure to these mental, emotional, and physical ailments; may they and their patients get the message that the answer and solution can so often be found in the trust and application of what You have provided for us in Your Word. How can we expect to be "healed" if we don't take the medicine (Your Word) that You have prescribed.