angeltrue

May 6, 2016
NJ
✟27,118.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am weary. My father passed naming my sister executrix. She was causing trouble in my family so I told her to stop contacting my children and she hatefully texted she would keep money back. She sold his house and her lawyer mailed me a document taking thousands out of my share. We spoke with a friend who is a retired judge who told us they aren't legally allowed to alter a will.

I refused to sign and the lawyer threatened that if I did't sign they would take me to court and take out double that. I again refused and the lawyer threatened me again and they both refused to release my money.

I attempted to get help and no one will help so I typed my own complaint and sent it to the probate court. They didn't acknowledge they received it and won't answer my emails. I called the probate court today and asked the clerk about it. Appallingly she said "Oh...you know...I don't know if you'll win here since the law firm is Hxxxman. I was dumbfounded. The clerk was telling me that I could be stolen from, a legal will altered, I could be threatened, and because this lawyer is a big tough law firm I won't get justice?

Can you please pray that I will prevail? I'm so weary because I'm going through terrible physical problems and my ex-sister is a psycho and her lawyer is corrupt. Who would I report this fraud to? Is there any justice and integrity anywhere anymore?

Greg Merrill

Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2017
Las Vegas
✟342,224.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I am weary. My father passed naming my sister executrix. She was causing trouble in my family so I told her to stop contacting my children and she hatefully texted she would keep money back. She sold his house and her lawyer mailed me a document taking thousands out of my share. We spoke with a friend who is a retired judge who told us they aren't legally allowed to alter a will.

I refused to sign and the lawyer threatened that if I did't sign they would take me to court and take out double that. I again refused and the lawyer threatened me again and they both refused to release my money.

I attempted to get help and no one will help so I typed my own complaint and sent it to the probate court. They didn't acknowledge they received it and won't answer my emails. I called the probate court today and asked the clerk about it. Appallingly she said "Oh...you know...I don't know if you'll win here since the law firm is Hxxxman. I was dumbfounded. The clerk was telling me that I could be stolen from, a legal will altered, I could be threatened, and because this lawyer is a big tough law firm I won't get justice?

Can you please pray that I will prevail? I'm so weary because I'm going through terrible physical problems and my ex-sister is a psycho and her lawyer is corrupt. Who would I report this fraud to? Is there any justice and integrity anywhere anymore?

Father, I pray that righteousness will prevail. I pray that wrong will come to light, and that the right people with the power will be moved to do the right thing. May You being called upon in prayer, bring Your power and corrective intercession in such a way that will bring even greater accomplishments in the spiritual world that will have good effects upon the natural world. To Your glory. Amen.

• Agree
Reactions: Sarah G
Upvote 0

angeltrue

May 6, 2016
NJ
✟27,118.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sounds like a "legal" ripoff. You'll need an attorney. Folks, pray that she will find the best one. Perhaps someone in her church, town, among friends, etc.
:groupray:
Thank you both. It is a legal ripoff. A friend told me satan is behind her actions but that she is still responsible for wrongdoing. I've heard this said before and I'm uncertain how that works. I suppose it's acting on satan's suggestions.

I tried to get an attorney but as soon as they found out who the attorney was behind it they backed out - so I had to file pro se.

Evil and corruption are overt now - people don't even try to hide it it seems.

Upvote 0

LastAcorn99

Sep 15, 2016
Colorado Springs
✟34,262.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I’m sorry to hear about your situation, friend. I can imagine how frustrating and overwhelming this must be for you. Know that I’ll be praying, asking the Lord to surround you with His loving presence and grant you wisdom as to how you should deal with your circumstances. I’d suggest you consider contacting Christian Legal Society to see if they may have lawyers who can help you. God’s best to you, friend! ((Hugs))

Upvote 0

Blessed Each Day

Site Supporter
Oct 14, 2017
Georgia
✟69,005.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship

I pray that God gives you the strength and knowledge required to overcome this completely overt act of document-tampering and possible corruption. If you're filing pro se, have you kept records of her texts/voicemails, and original documents before they were altered as well as after, preferably time-stamped?

Upvote 0

Little Lantern

Be encouraged! Christ has overcome the world!
Site Supporter
Sep 14, 2017
USA
✟223,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
May the Name of Jesus be set over this situation to expose every evil deed and bring every evil doer to justice in this situation. Father, let Your righteousness reign victorious to the glory of God. I pray that you will give @angeltrue strength, wisdom, and direction in how to handle this difficulty; and enable her to walk in peace by faith in your hand of provision.

Upvote 0

angeltrue

May 6, 2016
NJ
✟27,118.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I’m sorry to hear about your situation, friend. I can imagine how frustrating and overwhelming this must be for you. Know that I’ll be praying, asking the Lord to surround you with His loving presence and grant you wisdom as to how you should deal with your circumstances. I’d suggest you consider contacting Christian Legal Society to see if they may have lawyers who can help you. God’s best to you, friend! ((Hugs))
Thank you for the suggestion - I'll contact them. There used to be a Christian lawyer nearby but he left. It's something of a cutthroat arena.

Upvote 0

angeltrue

May 6, 2016
NJ
✟27,118.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I pray that God gives you the strength and knowledge required to overcome this completely overt act of document-tampering and possible corruption. If you're filing pro se, have you kept records of her texts/voicemails, and original documents before they were altered as well as after, preferably time-stamped?
Yes I saved her text threat from a year ago. I saved the lawyers email and mail threats. I sent them along with the complaint to the probate court. No one will call be back or respond to my emails. I called yesterday and the clerk basically told me "you have no chance of winning since H***man is the lawyer." It really upset me. I did not ONE thing wrong, and they did everything wrong, and the court clerk is telling me I can't expect justice? What kind of world are we in now? Where are peoples morals?

Upvote 0

angeltrue

May 6, 2016
NJ
✟27,118.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
May the Name of Jesus be set over this situation to expose every evil deed and bring every evil doer to justice in this situation. Father, let Your righteousness reign victorious to the glory of God. I pray that you will give @angeltrue strength, wisdom, and direction in how to handle this difficulty; and enable her to walk in peace by faith in your hand of provision.
I'm glad you have that scripture verse on your posts - I sometimes forget verses and that's a good one to recall.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Blessed Each Day

Site Supporter
Oct 14, 2017
Georgia
✟69,005.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Yes I saved her text threat from a year ago. I saved the lawyers email and mail threats. I sent them along with the complaint to the probate court. No one will call be back or respond to my emails. I called yesterday and the clerk basically told me "you have no chance of winning since H***man is the lawyer." It really upset me. I did not ONE thing wrong, and they did everything wrong, and the court clerk is telling me I can't expect justice? What kind of world are we in now? Where are peoples morals?
I can tell you America's justice system is whose lawyer can lie better than the other (no offense to any lawyers on here, it's an observation I've seen too often.) You've sent the complaint to the court, so the judge should be able to investigate the executrix's misconduct and possible fraudulent actions. I'm not sure what the time table is for these types of legal matters, have you been informed of a possible time frame? It also could be a case of you having to try and contact them on a daily basis. I believe my mom went through a similar situation when my grandma died, my grandaunt came out of nowhere (almost quite literally) and just destroyed (figuratively) the will. My mom was raising two kids by herself and didn't have the time to fight her, but I'll see what I can find out from her about what can be expected (this was a long time ago, so legal precedents of estate law may have changed since then.) God bless you, I pray the Lord gives you strength and no matter what happens know (I can't remember if it's a verse from Numbers or not) that He forgives sin, but does not leave the wicked unpunished. :praying:

Upvote 0

angeltrue

May 6, 2016
NJ
✟27,118.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I can tell you America's justice system is whose lawyer can lie better than the other (no offense to any lawyers on here, it's an observation I've seen too often.) You've sent the complaint to the court, so the judge should be able to investigate the executrix's misconduct and possible fraudulent actions. I'm not sure what the time table is for these types of legal matters, have you been informed of a possible time frame? It also could be a case of you having to try and contact them on a daily basis. I believe my mom went through a similar situation when my grandma died, my grandaunt came out of nowhere (almost quite literally) and just destroyed (figuratively) the will. My mom was raising two kids by herself and didn't have the time to fight her, but I'll see what I can find out from her about what can be expected (this was a long time ago, so legal precedents of estate law may have changed since then.) God bless you, I pray the Lord gives you strength and no matter what happens know (I can't remember if it's a verse from Numbers or not) that He forgives sin, but does not leave the wicked unpunished. :praying:
I did call the court again and they told me the case is scheduled to be heard in December. I'm in the right but the only thing that concerns me is the lawyer that owns the firm has a big name - his brother is a judge so I'm afraid they'll try to pull something. His son was a drug dealer in the town and never got in trouble - but all the kids he sold drugs to did - and his father made millions representing kids in the town for drug offenses. So I know what he is - he has all the contacts and the court clerk basically told me I wouldn't get justice. So what should I do - roll over and sign the corrupt document? It was too distasteful. If the law really worked right the two of them would be charged with fraud - you're not allowed to alter a will I learned.

I understand what happened with your mother - people are unscrupulous; unfortunately some are relatives - and I would be interested in knowing the outcome if you speak with her.

I would appreciate your prayers because I'm weary - I have a lot of physical issues and to have that on top is unconscionable. I wasn't sure what God wanted from me in these circumstances.

Upvote 0

Blessed Each Day

Site Supporter
Oct 14, 2017
Georgia
✟69,005.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I did call the court again and they told me the case is scheduled to be heard in December. I'm in the right but the only thing that concerns me is the lawyer that owns the firm has a big name - his brother is a judge so I'm afraid they'll try to pull something. His son was a drug dealer in the town and never got in trouble - but all the kids he sold drugs to did - and his father made millions representing kids in the town for drug offenses. So I know what he is - he has all the contacts and the court clerk basically told me I wouldn't get justice. So what should I do - roll over and sign the corrupt document? It was too distasteful. If the law really worked right the two of them would be charged with fraud - you're not allowed to alter a will I learned.

I understand what happened with your mother - people are unscrupulous; unfortunately some are relatives - and I would be interested in knowing the outcome if you speak with her.

I would appreciate your prayers because I'm weary - I have a lot of physical issues and to have that on top is unconscionable. I wasn't sure what God wanted from me in these circumstances.
I am so sorry, but basically what my great aunt did was use her power as executrix to "interpret" certain aspects of the contract, but I think I said this, my mom just didn't have the time to battle her raising myself and my sister by herself. What concerns me is you said the clerk said you won't win the case because of the lawyer you're going up against. That has no legal precedent on who is right and wrong in estate law (or any law!) and for him/her to say that could be cause in itself for further investigation into collusion/fraudulent activity. I don't know what the chain would be, but if you can't take it to the judge, maybe you can take it to another court system?

Again, I don't know much about legal jurisdiction, but it would seem that it would be a conflict of interest if the "big shot" lawyer is presiding over a case with his brother sitting as judge. I would see if you can take it to another district, or is it confined to the district in which the will was drawn up? My prayers are with you and your family, I'm so sorry you have to go through this. It's absolutely disgusting to alter the last requests of a loved one, and while I want so badly to say so many evil things about this woman, I can only pray for her. Please know that God has given you strength! I'm sure there is a wealth of information, and I wonder if there are certain similar cases from which to gather information from?

Wait, so you have a court date? That's great! No lawyer is willing to help you? I saw you said they could threaten you, but that feels like them trying to scare you off as a tactic, along with everyone telling you you are going to lose. That's like one team in the Superbowl telling the other they're going to lose, and the other team giving up because they said so, and I feel like it generally is when they know you aren't legally proficient as a lawyer, are busy with a family, and are hoping you'll be a no show. If they knew that you had the original documents, they know you have a good chance of winning, and are throwing everything at you (in my completely unprofessional opinion) but I pray again that you realize the strength that God gave you so that evil won't prevail! This makes me so upset, Lord I humbly ask for you to help this woman stay strong in her fight against the forces of evil trying to take away from the righteous. Amen.

Upvote 0

angeltrue

May 6, 2016
NJ
✟27,118.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am so sorry, but basically what my great aunt did was use her power as executrix to "interpret" certain aspects of the contract, but I think I said this, my mom just didn't have the time to battle her raising myself and my sister by herself. What concerns me is you said the clerk said you won't win the case because of the lawyer you're going up against. That has no legal precedent on who is right and wrong in estate law (or any law!) and for him/her to say that could be cause in itself for further investigation into collusion/fraudulent activity. I don't know what the chain would be, but if you can't take it to the judge, maybe you can take it to another court system?

Again, I don't know much about legal jurisdiction, but it would seem that it would be a conflict of interest if the "big shot" lawyer is presiding over a case with his brother sitting as judge. I would see if you can take it to another district, or is it confined to the district in which the will was drawn up? My prayers are with you and your family, I'm so sorry you have to go through this. It's absolutely disgusting to alter the last requests of a loved one, and while I want so badly to say so many evil things about this woman, I can only pray for her. Please know that God has given you strength! I'm sure there is a wealth of information, and I wonder if there are certain similar cases from which to gather information from?

Wait, so you have a court date? That's great! No lawyer is willing to help you? I saw you said they could threaten you, but that feels like them trying to scare you off as a tactic, along with everyone telling you you are going to lose. That's like one team in the Superbowl telling the other they're going to lose, and the other team giving up because they said so, and I feel like it generally is when they know you aren't legally proficient as a lawyer, are busy with a family, and are hoping you'll be a no show. If they knew that you had the original documents, they know you have a good chance of winning, and are throwing everything at you (in my completely unprofessional opinion) but I pray again that you realize the strength that God gave you so that evil won't prevail! This makes me so upset, Lord I humbly ask for you to help this woman stay strong in her fight against the forces of evil trying to take away from the righteous. Amen.
I would like to take it to a court where that lawyer doesn't practice but it's all handled in the court where the will is probated. It was terrible to hear the clerk say that - but I don't think any are accountable to anyone. I don't think she wasn't saying it maliciously - she was stating fact as she saw it. She still shouldn't have said that. It upset me - along with the entire ordeal.

I think you're exactly right - that lawyer was hoping I'd cave - he thought he was dealing with someone who didn't know the law and whose knees would buckle at being threatened by a lawyer. I reacted in a way he wasn't used to. I have two WRITTEN THREATS - but a judge he's buddies with could say "he wasn't threatening, YOU interpreted it wrong" or some other lie. There is no mistaking his threats - they're blatant. Thank you very much for your prayers - I don't need anymore than I have on my back and hope God helps me quickly.

Upvote 0

Blessed Each Day

Site Supporter
Oct 14, 2017
Georgia
✟69,005.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
In your words already I know you have the strength. " he thought he was dealing with someone who didn't know the law and whose knees would buckle at being threatened by a lawyer. I reacted in a way he wasn't used to." He THOUGHT you'd cave! Not so fast Mr.Lawyer Man. Yeah, the clerk wouldn't be accountable, but that's a thread of needle saying, "Okay, this is obviously wrong." Of course, the way they word it is so blatantly a threat, but legally inadmissible. I know you've got a lot on your plate, but they messed up and gave you a month and a half to prepare ;)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

angeltrue

May 6, 2016
NJ
✟27,118.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
In your words already I know you have the strength. " he thought he was dealing with someone who didn't know the law and whose knees would buckle at being threatened by a lawyer. I reacted in a way he wasn't used to." He THOUGHT you'd cave! Not so fast Mr.Lawyer Man. Yeah, the clerk wouldn't be accountable, but that's a thread of needle saying, "Okay, this is obviously wrong." Of course, the way they word it is so blatantly a threat, but legally inadmissible. I know you've got a lot on your plate, but they messed up and gave you a month and a half to prepare ;)
Thank you for your kind words and encouragement. Sometimes it helps just knowing someone is praying.

Upvote 0