• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Prayer Request: Anniversary of Friend Passing

Discussion in 'Prayer Wall' started by Journey.In.Grace, Feb 17, 2017.

1. Journey.In.Grace

Journey.In.Grace Daughter of the One True King

+1,388
    United States
    Baptist
    Celibate
    US-Republican
    Three years ago today my best friend died from liver cancer. It was a rough road having to watch her decline in her health. I couldn't even go see her one last time. Every year it is rough, and I could really use prayers on this day. Not for myself but for her family; I imagine it is very hard on them, and they could use the thoughts and prayers today.

Thank you. <3 :)

• Prayers Prayers x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  2. kimberlyw

kimberlyw New Member

+22
    Christian
    Private
    I'm sorry for your loss. Rest assured Christ knows and Jesus cares.

3. Dave-W

Dave-W Our six grandchildren Supporter

+5,886
    Messianic
    Married
    US-Others
    This is the english version of the prayer we recite on the anniversary of the death of a family member or close friend. It is called the Kaddish. IT is a prayer not so much for the dead themselves but as a comfort to us the living.

Glorified and sanctified be God's great name throughout the world which He has created according to His will. Amen.
    May God's kingdom flourish through the revelation of the rule of goodness and the blossoming of salvation through the coming of the days of the annointed Shekhina-Messiah. Amen.
    May He establish His kingdom in your lifetime and during your days, and within the life of the entire House of Israel, speedily and soon; and say, Amen.

May His great name be blessed forever and to all eternity!

May the Name of the Holy One (Blessed be HE) be a source of blessing; and be praised, honored, extolled and glorified, adored and supremely exalted, beyond the ability of anyone in this world to offer blessings or sing hymns, praises and consolations; or to express thanksgiving; and we say, Amen.
    May there be abundant peace from heaven, and life, for us and for all Israel; and say Amen.
    He who creates peace in His celestial heights, may He create peace for us and for all Israel; and say, Amen.​

4. rockytopva

rockytopva Love to pray! :) Supporter

+5,017
    Pentecostal
    Single
    Father I pray blessings on this request and for the comfort of friends and family members in Jesus name I pray. Also taking these needs before God in prayer on the 1:15PM bbnradio.org Family Altar program.

5. redleghunter

redleghunter Abide Boldly! Supporter

+13,008
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Sister in Christ my heartfelt prayers for you and your best friend's family. Anniversaries of deaths are very hard and I hope the Grace and Peace of Jesus Christ comforts you this day and the days ahead.

Peace

6. Saucy

Saucy allworkandnoplayallworkandnoplayallworkandnoplay Supporter

+11,137
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Single
    US-Others
    Have you covered! :)

7. Journey.In.Grace

Journey.In.Grace Daughter of the One True King

+1,388
    United States
    Baptist
    Celibate
    US-Republican
    Thank you everyone! :)

8. chapmic

chapmic Follower of Jesus Supporter

+382
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Praying for you and her family, may Jesus give you all peace on this day. God bless!

9. faroukfarouk

faroukfarouk Fading curmudgeon CF Senior Ambassador

+10,223
    Non-Denom
    Married
    So how is the family doing now?

With prayer, it's so often the consistency of remembering someone in prayer that really counts, right?

10. brinny

brinny everlovin' shiner of light in dark places Supporter

+85,641
    Non-Denom
    Private
    US-Constitution
    Praying all is well (((hug)))

11. Greg Merrill

Greg Merrill Well-Known Member

+1,968
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Republican
    Father, I would pray that You would show these, and others like them, how to remember people on such days and anniversaries so that it doesn't bring back feelings of grief, loss, etc, but of good feelings, about the good times they had together. A lady on the news recently said they were not grieving the tragedy of the recent death of a loved one, but were celebrating the life that this loved one had lived (and that they had had a part in that life). I know this may sound trite, or idealistic, but may the good intentions of it be realized and enjoyed. Amen.

12. Greg Merrill

Greg Merrill Well-Known Member

+1,968
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Republican
    I wonder if it would help on such anniversaries to have (maybe not a party, or a celebration per se) a time of good remembrance. Before this, you might consider having a time of "release", releasing the "feelings" of loss, of pain, of grief, and moving on to now remembering the person with joy. Have a picture of the person where they are smiling, or having a good time. Remember what you can be thankful for in having known this person. Keep thinking along these lines to see what other positive steps you can take in experiencing these anniversaries.
    Don't let them get you down anymore. It is a choice on how you decide to think about them, and feel about them. Make it positive, rather than negative. Honor the person in doing this.

13. inquiring mind

inquiring mind associate with those you can learn from Supporter Angels Team CF Ambassadors

+1,237
    Baptist
    Married
    Praying for you and your friend's family during this sad time. May the Lord comfort you until the time of re-uniting. Amen