bc, canada
✟15,138.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm a slow thinker, I tried giving up the "too hard to try" mentality and actually trying there was success but I backslided. failed couple times and tried again. Backslided because I was becoming lazy again... It's gruellingly hard to pick up the bible and read more than 2 pages a day because I'm slow as hell at processing, it takes forever to think something through, it's hard to be productive, it's hard to read the bible. At this rate it will take like a year to read proverbs. Life isn't fair and I think I've accepted that. Yes I was born this way and it's gonna be hard, even god tapped my left leg when I asked if it was gonna be hard as hell(left leg is yes right is no) it would be a miracle if I could process faster because I easily get distracted and stop reading the bible or get sidetracked. If I can't have this 1 miracle then that's fine it's just the way life is. If I give up that's what I get. I'm fine with it being unfair for me and easier for others, I'll probably fail because I'm leaning on the side of giving up. Maybe there a drug that will make me think faster that can be prescribed. Ps sorry to those who see me post prayer requests none stop, I'm pretty conceited n foolish if people don't like me I can't blame them.

Faith Alone 1 Cor 15:1-4

Aug 2, 2017
Heaven
✟12,836.00
Country
Zimbabwe
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm a slow thinker, I tried giving up the "too hard to try" mentality and actually trying there was success but I backslided. failed couple times and tried again. Backslided because I was becoming lazy again... It's gruellingly hard to pick up the bible and read more than 2 pages a day because I'm slow as hell at processing, it takes forever to think something through, it's hard to be productive, it's hard to read the bible. At this rate it will take like a year to read proverbs. Life isn't fair and I think I've accepted that. Yes I was born this way and it's gonna be hard, even god tapped my left leg when I asked if it was gonna be hard as hell(left leg is yes right is no) it would be a miracle if I could process faster because I easily get distracted and stop reading the bible or get sidetracked. If I can't have this 1 miracle then that's fine it's just the way life is. If I give up that's what I get. I'm fine with it being unfair for me and easier for others, I'll probably fail because I'm leaning on the side of giving up. Maybe there a drug that will make me think faster that can be prescribed. Ps sorry to those who see me post prayer requests none stop, I'm pretty conceited n foolish if people don't like me I can't blame them.

Maybe just reading bible is not enought , try to find teacher and do verse by verse bible study , you will read just as he and he will be explaining what it could mean and where you can find in the bible other verses that talk about the same thing .

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Lifting you up in prayer. This is a serious challenge. My son is dyslexic and reading and retaining information is a challenge for him. He is 12 and I am trying to help with his Bible reading as well. Since he is 12 it is not 'an issue' that I read a lot to him aloud. He seems to retain information when he hears it. I also have him (this came as a recommendation from his dyslexia teacher) read out loud as well. When he reads 'to himself' I reinforce using a pencil or finger to track his reading so he does not lose track.

What I'm getting at is have you tried 'reading' by listening to audio versions of the Bible?

Upvote 0

Pilgrim

Praying without ceasing
Mar 26, 2017
between the pages of the Bible.
Visit site
✟192,961.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Braydeno, You're in my prayers. God wants to hear our prayers. God bless you. In Jesus' name. Amen.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Braydeno

Jan 24, 2017
bc, canada
✟15,138.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Is there a reason you are spending so much effort on Proverbs? This book is very difficult as it switches subject sometimes one verse to another. Have only major keys showing in mine at times. Such as it talks about wisdom and understanding and with these one gets a crown delivered to them. What happens in the time of the first seal of Revelation? A rider is given a crown and goes forth to gain his own land. conquering and to conquer
/Just like when Israel began. She was to have wise men and understanding and go possess the land.
I guess im reading proverbs because I've realised i have been a complete fool, and nothing but a fool. I still am a fool actually. I landed on proverbs and it was god speaking directly to me, yes i should read other parts of the bible, I'm just too burnt out to read... I mean it literally like ill even ask god now if he can make me not burnt out. Will it work? we'll see somehow maybe. I probably wont read it all.. i asked for books in order in a thread what to read but its still hard to figure outwhat to read first, could be my ocd, too burnt out and apathetic to be concise right now or think hard, so i'd have a hard time explaining it. sorry this turned into a bit of a vent. can't help it.
Lifting you up in prayer. This is a serious challenge. My son is dyslexic and reading and retaining information is a challenge for him. He is 12 and I am trying to help with his Bible reading as well. Since he is 12 it is not 'an issue' that I read a lot to him aloud. He seems to retain information when he hears it. I also have him (this came as a recommendation from his dyslexia teacher) read out loud as well. When he reads 'to himself' I reinforce using a pencil or finger to track his reading so he does not lose track.

What I'm getting at is have you tried 'reading' by listening to audio versions of the Bible?
me and him both lol, except two different mental in-capabilities or whatever its called. im also slow at audio processing, I've been reccomended audio bible a few times but I dont see myself keeping up with the audio bible speaker, maybe if they had a slower version and i had to pause it or something like that.

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I guess im reading proverbs because I've realised i have been a complete fool, and nothing but a fool. I still am a fool actually. I landed on proverbs and it was god speaking directly to me, yes i should read other parts of the bible, I'm just too burnt out to read... I mean it literally like ill even ask god now if he can make me not burnt out. Will it work? we'll see somehow maybe. I probably wont read it all.. i asked for books in order in a thread what to read but its still hard to figure outwhat to read first, could be my ocd, too burnt out and apathetic to be concise right now or think hard, so i'd have a hard time explaining it. sorry this turned into a bit of a vent. can't help it.

me and him both lol, except two different mental in-capabilities or whatever its called. im also slow at audio processing, I've been reccomended audio bible a few times but I dont see myself keeping up with the audio bible speaker, maybe if they had a slower version and i had to pause it or something like that.
There are a few good verse by verse DVDs. One I know of is the Gospel of Matthew and Acts. The acting and narration are very good.

• Friendly
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

Sarah G

Pro-peace, anti-war, anti-violence.
Site Supporter
Jun 29, 2017
Netherlands
✟131,322.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Praying for you. When I am burnt out I go to children's Bible stories.

Matthew 18:3 And he said: "Truly I tell you, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.

Maybe you have developed an idea of what a Christian *should* look like and you are trying to superimpose that image on yourself. Jesus knows your heart, Jesus loves you.

Spiritual life is a struggle. Sometimes it feels like there are more valleys than mountain tops. Comparison is the thief of joy. You do you. Jesus loves you!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

rockytopva

Love to pray! :)
Site Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,063,647.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Father I pray blessings on this request, mental processing, storage, energy, ability, and for a victorious life that will bring you glory in Jesus name I pray. Also taking these needs before God in prayer on the bbnradio.org Family Altar program... BBN Program Schedule

Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0