none
✟18,028.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi, all. Please pray for me regarding my recurrent problems with all I mentioned in the subject line of this post. I have been to a new psychiatrist recently and am on new medication, but am still struggling. I am so weary of having no motivation.

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
May I suggest a practical means of dealing with your problems.
Find a charity working in one of the townships, among the poor and volunteer to help.
Go and work physically among those who have nothing and give to them.

The physical work will tire your body so you can sleep. Seeing and helping those with nothing will put your problems in perspective and help you come to terms with your advantages.

Reactions: evita
Upvote 0

John Bowen

Site Supporter
Aug 16, 2018
dueba
✟48,940.00
Country
Fiji
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Great you are getting therapy . There is lots of prayers you can do to invoke light from God it will give you energy and will help you with your psychology so you don't have to use as many or none of the pills that just mask over your troubles .

Last edited:
Reactions: evita
Upvote 0

Samaritan Woman

Sep 2, 2013
Midwest
✟66,456.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi, all. Please pray for me regarding my recurrent problems with all I mentioned in the subject line of this post. I have been to a new psychiatrist recently and am on new medication, but am still struggling. I am so weary of having no motivation.

Give your new med some time - they can often take 1-2 months to reach full effect.

Upvote 0

Samaritan Woman

Sep 2, 2013
Midwest
✟66,456.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Great you are getting therapy . There is lots of prayers you can do to invoke light from God it will give you energy and will help you with your psychology so you don't have to use as many or none of the pills that just mask over your troubles .

Just to clarify, depression and anxiety can have a biological basis wherein the levels of neurotransmitters in the brain are impacted thus disrupting one's mood. In such a case, medication works to correct and balance the levels of these brain chemicals and thus render a stabilized mood. People in the church love to condemn those of us who have physically-based mood/thought disorders, implying that medication is just a "crutch" or that we have "weak character". A little compassion and knowledge goes far.

Upvote 0