New Mexico
✟54,344.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I was dreaming about my dearly departed mom an hour ago. It was a pleasant dream. We were just chatting along at her house. Then I looked down on her floor. There was a fish out of water struggling to breathe. It looked like my biggest goldfish. It looked so much like my goldfish; I fought to wake up. It was too real.

So, at 2 AM here I am checking on a fish. Sure enough something was wrong. My big fish is struggling to swim with a common swim bladder issue. It's too soon to say if the fishy meds I used immediately will help. Worst case scenario, I got to say goodbye in case he wasn't going to make it till morning.

This would have been particularly tragic for me. Last Halloween, of all days, we woke up to deceased fish out of water. Apparently they jump out of tanks to save themselves from poor water quality. I was devastated for a solid week. I felt like a fish murderer. I doubled my fish tank husbandry effort after that.

Then there was the time I put my tiny turtle out in his kiddy pool with a big rock to sunbathe. (We were stationed in Turkey so tiny turtles weren't illegal there.) I didnt realize birds liked carrying off tiny turtles. Screens are needed for outdoor tiny turtle adventures. I called my husband at work crying. My turtle was gone. I had eagerly waited every paycheck to buy him new things too. Later a friend rightly commented that I had practically advertised “Free buffet. Free buffet today!”

Anyway, my praise is that God gave me this dream warning. It’s beyond awesome when He does things like this to help us understand. In this case it was likely my last warning. Something had been telling me to vary my two remaining fishes' diets but I kept putting it off. I feel bad again. If my big guy lives, my girls, my husband, and I will be crazy careful.

No more family members overfeeding the fish either because "they look so hungry." The offending gentleman in question shall remain unnamed at this time ;) Not that I blame my hubby. Thanks for reading. And God is so so amazing. He cares for us ever so much. Even in these little things. Gotta love Him!! ❤

***Not sure how the time zones work with Christian Forums but it was closer to 0340 when I originally posted. Not sure why it says 4:40.

Last edited:

HappyHope

Jul 22, 2019
New Mexico
✟54,344.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
He is laying down in the tank now struggling to breathe. Similar to my dream. Wow.

****Update: Big Guy got flushed. At least we have one fish left. That’ll have to be my final out praise for this thread. Crazy cool dream though. My family is not as impressed as I am. Not sure if there are deeper implications. Like sometimes it takes loss to figure out how to get it right or something...

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Unofficial Reverand Alex

Pray in silence...God speaks softly
Site Supporter
Dec 22, 2017
The Mystical Lands of Rural Indiana
Visit site
✟526,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Praying and praising about the situation. To be honest, I've never seen a post here on CF about pet fish, though it seems as if God is using them well to explain himself, and that's always worth a praise report!:pray:

Upvote 0