United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I'm having a debate with a Jehovah's
Witness. Keep me in prayer they believe Jesus is Micheal the arc angel from the Bible. They also believe Jesus is not equal to God. This is a touchy subject even in the Christian community. I have scripture baking up that Jesus is God or equal to God.

Keep me in prayer. I will share some scripture with you and I hope it blesses you.

John 5:23King James Version (KJV)
23 That all men should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father. He that honoureth not the Son honoureth not the Father which hath sent him.

Colossians 1:15-18
15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:

16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:

Isaiah 9:6King James Version
6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

Keep me in prayer. These are some of the scriptures I'm going to use.

I hope this information blesses someone out there.

Last edited:

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Witness
Two things.
1. it is very rare to actually debate with cult members, all too often what happens is each person is calling out their 'key verses' and not listening to what the other is saying.

2. Let them give their presentation, preprogrammed talk and try not to get into debates/discussions about who Jesus is or is not, nameof God etc etc etc.
2Cor13:5, Examine yourselves to see whether you are in the faith; test yourselves. Do you not realize that Christ Jesus is in you—unless, of course, you fail the test?
Is one of a group of verse which will enable you to talk about the importance of having faith in what Jesus has done for us.
They are earnestly seeking to please God and to earn their salvation.

• Informative
Reactions: Christie insb
Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Two things.
1. it is very rare to actually debate with cult members, all too often what happens is each person is calling out their 'key verses' and not listening to what the other is saying.

2. Let them give their presentation, preprogrammed talk and try not to get into debates/discussions about who Jesus is or is not, nameof God etc etc etc.
2Cor13:5, Examine yourselves to see whether you are in the faith; test yourselves. Do you not realize that Christ Jesus is in you—unless, of course, you fail the test?
Is one of a group of verse which will enable you to talk about the importance of having faith in what Jesus has done for us.
They are earnestly seeking to please God and to earn their salvation.

Ooops forgot to say, yes I'll pray for you and your next meeting with the JW. hat you are able to prersent Jesus to them clearly and that they will listen and take on what you say.

Upvote 0

Greg Merrill

Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2017
Las Vegas
✟342,224.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Witness. Keep me in prayer they believe Jesus is Micheal the arc angel from the Bible. They also believe Jesus is not equal to God. This is a touchy subject even in the Christian community. I have scripture baking up that Jesus is God or equal to God.

Keep me in prayer. I will share some scripture with you and I hope it blesses you.

John 5:23King James Version (KJV)
23 That all men should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father. He that honoureth not the Son honoureth not the Father which hath sent him.

Colossians 1:15-18
15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:

16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:

Isaiah 9:6King James Version
6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

Keep me in prayer. These are some of the scriptures I'm going to use.

I hope this information blesses someone out there.
Father, may You use this one in sharing with this JW these and other verses, not for the sake of winning a debate or argument, but to open their eyes to the truth of who Jesus is. May Your Spirit use this sharing to effect a drawing by Your Spirit of this JW to true revelation and knowledge of You and to the trust they need to place in You for salvation. May they come out of their cult, and in to the true church. May You eventually use them to lead others out and on to the right path as well. Amen.

Upvote 0

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,085,787.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
One thing that is interesting about Jehovah's witnesses is that they have a prophet who says he was teaching the true name of the Almighty. Right from the first letter in the first word we see he is not a true prophet. There is no J in Hebrew. The letters for the Name are written YHWH or YHVH in ancient texts. This means the first consonant was a Yuh sound. That is also true for the Name of His Son, Yahushuah, sometimes shortened to Yeshuah. (Yahushuah means "Yahuah saves.")

However, I will pray for your friend to come out into the truth.

Upvote 0

Abiah

Nov 17, 2017
Pembroke Pines
✟15,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Isaiah 44:6 (KJV)
Thus saith the LORD the King of Israel, and his redeemer the LORD of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God.

Revelation 1:17-18 (KJV)
(17) And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last:
(18) I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.

Jesus calls himself the Lord of hosts in Revelation. Only the most high God is the Lord of hosts. JWs are so BLIND. They are deceived. I might be too late on this prayer request but these scriptures are nice to remember.

Upvote 0

Alexpro

New avitar picture.
Site Supporter
May 11, 2016
San Antonio
Visit site
✟70,567.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
One thing that is interesting about Jehovah's witnesses is that they have a prophet who says he was teaching the true name of the Almighty. Right from the first letter in the first word we see he is not a true prophet. There is no J in Hebrew. The letters for the Name are written YHWH or YHVH in ancient texts. This means the first consonant was a Yuh sound. That is also true for the Name of His Son, Yahushuah, sometimes shortened to Yeshuah. (Yahushuah means "Yahuah saves.")

However, I will pray for your friend to come out into the truth.
This is very true. They also teach that God's will is for us to know his word but the Bible tells us that God's will is for everybody to be saved. There teaching a different gospel.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Alexpro

New avitar picture.
Site Supporter
May 11, 2016
San Antonio
Visit site
✟70,567.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Isaiah 44:6 (KJV)
Thus saith the LORD the King of Israel, and his redeemer the LORD of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God.

Revelation 1:17-18 (KJV)
(17) And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last:
(18) I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.

Jesus calls himself the Lord of hosts in Revelation. Only the most high God is the Lord of hosts. JWs are so BLIND. They are deceived. I might be too late on this prayer request but these scriptures are nice to remember.
Here's another good scripture for a JW but it's like there blind they don't like to hear the truth.

When Jesus was arguing with the Pharisees Jesus told them I Am. This is why they crucified Jesus because the Jew's thought it was blasphemy.

John 8:58 Jesus said unto them, verily, verily I say unto you, before Abraham was, I Am. "

When God spoke to Moses.

Exodus 3:14 and God said unto moses, I Am that I Am: and he said, this shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I am hath sent me unto you.

The Jew's knew I Am was God from the Old Testament so when Jesus told them I Am he was telling them I am God. They tried to stone Jesus but he got away.

The JW hate to hear these kind of scriptures because they have been programmed and brain washed so many years.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums