tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Did they pray over him like President Trumps ally, Sen. Purdue, prayed for President Obama?
David Perdue - Wikipedia
Prayer for Obama's death[edit]
In June 2016, at the Faith and Freedom Coalition's Road to Majority conference, Perdue led attendees in a prayer that seemed to be a prayer for Obama's death. He said, "we should pray for Barack Obama. But I think we need to be very specific about how we pray. We should pray like Psalms 109:8 says. It says, 'Let his days be few, and let another have his office.'"[41] Perdue did not quote the rest of Psalm 109,[42] which includes the following verses: "8. Let his days be few; and let another take his office./ 9. Let his children be fatherless, and his wife a widow./ 10. Let his children be continually vagabonds, and beg: let them seek their bread also out of their desolate places./ 11. Let the extortioner catch all that he hath; and let the strangers spoil his labour./ 12. Let there be none to extend mercy unto him: neither let there be any to favour his fatherless children./ 13. Let his posterity be cut off; and in the generation following let their name be blotted out." Commentators at the time remarked that it was unusual if not unprecedented for a U.S. Senator to publicly pray for the death of a sitting president. In a statement, Perdue's office clarified, “He in no way wishes harm to our president and everyone in the room understood that,” and accused the media of “pushing a narrative to create controversy.”[43]
tulc(is just wondering) :wave:

Upvote 0

GACfan

Aug 15, 2019
Texas
✟77,930.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Did they pray over him like President Trumps ally, Sen. Purdue, prayed for President Obama?
David Perdue - Wikipedia

tulc(is just wondering) :wave:

Not likely, because Trump insists he's one of them now. Of course, it would be an entirely different story if he had won the election as a Democrat. I know neither you or I are naïve enough to believe that any of these Christians would have anything to do with him if he was a Democratic President.

*Editing*

I reread my last paragraph and decided to remove it after some time of personal reflection. But that doesn't change the fact I don't believe in public displays of prayer like that. It's like showing off, IMO.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

GACfan

Aug 15, 2019
Texas
✟77,930.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I do. Bible says we should, so I do. And it's not even that "may his days be few.." fake prayer people did over President Obama. :wave:
tulc(isn't a big fan of "show prayers" that always seem to be more photo/ops then actual prayer) :sorry:

I pray for him, but my prayers are private and not displayed in public so other people will hear them.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

jgarden

Senior Veteran
Jan 1, 2004
✟106,405.00
Faith
Methodist

MATTHEW 6:5-6 PRAYER

5 “And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by others. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full.
6 But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.
7 And when you pray, do not keep on babbling like pagans, for they think they will be heard because of their many words.
8 Do not be like them, for your Father knows what you need before you ask him.

Pray Over the President

It would appear that these Christian leaders praying over this President lack the fundamental understanding of what constitutes real prayer!

Real prayer occurs in secret behind closed doors - it is not a "photo op" with the President, staged for the benefit of a political campaign!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

:sighing:
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟690,238.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

MATTHEW 6:5-6 PRAYER

5 “And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by others. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full.
6 But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.
7 And when you pray, do not keep on babbling like pagans, for they think they will be heard because of their many words.
8 Do not be like them, for your Father knows what you need before you ask him.

Pray Over the President

It would appear that these Christian leaders praying over this President lack the fundamental understanding of what constitutes real prayer!

Real prayer occurs in secret behind closed doors - it is not a "photo op" with the President, staged for the benefit of a political campaign!

Do you also criticize your pastor for praying before services in church, or at the close of service?

Christian prayer is to have the right intention behind it, there's not an admonition against corporate prayer...

Consecrate a fast; call a solemn assembly. Gather the elders and all the inhabitants of the land to the house of the Lord your God, and cry out to the Lord.

This thread is beginning to remind me of the episode of Everyone Loves Raymond television show where the Barones met Hank and Pat for the first time and ended up in a holier than thou prayer war..

not something I'd expect from Christians at all. We pray for one another, over one another, both corporate and privately.

Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Do you also criticize your pastor for praying before services in church, or at the close of service? (snip)
So...this was a church service? I was under the impression it was the launch of a coalition of people who support President Trump and are now working to get him reelected? :scratch:
tulc(was he misinformed?)

Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

:sighing:
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟690,238.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
So...this was a church service? I was under the impression it was the launch of a coalition of people who support President Trump and are now working to get him reelected? :scratch:
tulc(was he misinformed?)

No this wasn't a church service, but pastors have always prayed over the president in front of cameras because media surrounds the president constantly..

So they prayed. They are pastors.

My husband has laid hands on me and prayed over me while not in church. I'm just not getting this whole it's all for show, public prayer is evil thing.

If I remember correctly I've seen similar things with Obama and no one went ranting - granted at the time I wasn't on a Christian forum but I recall no shock and awe at any rate.

Most people seem to think prayer, even public prayer is not a big deal.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

charity1

Aug 27, 2018
Caney, KS
✟9,755.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
I pray daily for President Trump to meet Jesus personally, to see the light and the gospel of Good News, and to turn from his ways that are bringing this country into perilous times.
I think you are way behind

I think he has done that. The Word says we judge by their fruits.. I see a lot of good fruits produced w/ this Admin.. Do I see issues that are not addressed? yeh... but the man is very busy and doing a great job, from my perspective

Upvote 0

JohnAshton

Aug 13, 2019
Logan, Utah
✟45,911.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
JohnAshton said:
I pray daily for President Trump to meet Jesus personally, to see the light and the gospel of Good News, and to turn from his ways that are bringing this country into perilous times.
I think you are way behind I think he has done that. The Word says we judge by their fruits.. I see a lot of good fruits produced w/ this Admin.. Do I see issues that are not addressed? yeh... but the man is very busy and doing a great job, from my perspective
I disagree. Trump, imo, has strung the evangelical crowd right along. Twelve thousand documented lies by him are poor fruits, indeed, so I agree with you on that.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums