Boyertown, PA.
✟768,575.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I'm pretty sure I did a thread on this.... but maybe it was so long ago that it doesn't pop up anymore in default searches. Anyway I have learned that internet audiences are always coming and going, so it doesn't hurt to have some repeated or even duplicate content since new folks get to see it.

I am trying to get more into prayer, and thought others might also like this stuff seeing how it is the basis/ starting point for other things you see in Christianity especially from monastic and liturgical practice.

"The Agpeya or the seven canonical prayers started as early as the Apostolic age during the earliest days of Christianity. The believers received this spiritual practice from the head of the Alexandrine Church: St. Mark the Apostle, who was also the first Patriarch of Egypt."

The Origins of the Coptic Horologion (Agpeya) - Become Orthodox

Agpeya: Coptic Book of Hours (www.agpeya.org)

Pavel Mosko

Arch-Dude of the Apostolic
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2016
Boyertown, PA.
✟768,575.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Should I order this online? I am interested in getting more prayer books and learn more about other traditions.

If you really like having a physical book in your hand then yeah it is nice to have. I got a few of my own, and they are nice for travel or to have in your office at work.

I actually prefer the web site and the YouTube channel because you can hear the stuff chanted out loud like in church and the print is larger and easier to read and scroll through, and the fact that is free and readily available for anywhere where you got internet is just icing on the cake.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟240,785.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
If you really like having a physical book in your hand then yeah it is nice to have. I got a few of my own, and they are nice for travel or to have in your office at work.

I actually prefer the web site and the YouTube channel because you can hear the stuff chanted out loud like in church and the print is larger and easier to read and scroll through, and the fact that is free and readily available for anywhere where you got internet is just icing on the cake.

thank you!! :)

Upvote 0

The Liturgist

Traditional Liturgical Christian
Site Supporter
Nov 26, 2019
The Wild West
✟472,750.00
Country
United States
Faith
Generic Orthodox Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Should I order this online? I am interested in getting more prayer books and learn more about other traditions.

Also, if you get the free Coptic Reader app on iTunes it comes with the basic Agpeya. If you do what I did and buy all the extensions you get the Coptic liturgy in its entirety including the proper Psalmody and Liturgy for each day of the week as well as the sacramental services.

Upvote 0