Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
As you well know, I told you that I was living in sinful Behavior. I have used God's grace as license to sin. But I know that God will not be mocked that I will reap what I sow. This year of 2018 I want to sow into the spirit and not into the flesh. So I want to pray and ask God's forgiveness for living in sin. I was not being a Christian because I have not trusted in Jesus Christ, even though I sort of called myself a Christian. I hate my sin. But I did not hate it enough to quit. Sin feels good. But then after I finish my sin, I get this sick feeling in my stomach. Also, there is fear. The fear of dying and going to hell. I should live everyday as though it would be my last.

So I am going to pray for forgiveness, yes in public, well online at least. I just need people to agree with me and pray with me.

Father God, I come before you in the name of your son Jesus. I ask for forgiveness Lord God for consistently living in idolatry and adultery. I ask your forgiveness for watching unclean movies and for not putting my trust in you to remove my sin. I ask your forgiveness for my jealousy and for my bitterness towards you and your people. I ask your forgiveness for my narcissism and self-centeredness. I ask your forgiveness for putting movies and pleasure above you. I ask that you would draw me after you and that in my heart that I will set Jesus as Lord; not just savior, but Lord. I recognize that I cannot have salvation without setting him as Lord.

Lord God, I don't know how to obey your son Jesus. I ask that you would show me how. I know in your word there are many instructions; but I lack wisdom on how to apply it to my life.

I asked Lord God that you would give me the spirit of repentance. That I would walk in Daily repentance. I asked Lord God that you would enable me not to set any unclean things before my eyes.

I also asked Lord God that you would enable me not to lust after people, for it is an unloving thing to do. I asked Lord God that you would enable me to love my neighbor as myself, and to love you with all my heart, soul, and mind.

I asked Lord God that you would enable me to be a light shining in darkness. But first the darkness Within Me needs to be extinguished. I asked Lord God that you would destroy any hypocrisy in me.

I asked Lord God that you would give me a love for righteousness, and a hatred for evil. I asked more God that you would give me a love for truth and a hatred for falsehood. I also asked Lord God that you would help me not to gossip, but to build people up.

I also asked Lord God for a humble spirit. I recognize that not meeting with other believers because I feel like nobody likes me in church is arrogance on my part. You told me to love other believers, but I have been disobeying you in that. You did not tell me to love other believers only if they love you back. Forgive me for only loving people that love me, and for hating people that don't love me.

I asked Lord God for your mercy. I ask for your mercy but not so that I can continue to sin, but so that I can be free from my sins.

I asked Lord God that you will wash me clean by the blood of the Lamb. Help me to start fresh with you.

I don't pray Lord God that 2018 will be a year without problems, but I pray that when problems arise that I do not lose my faith in you. I pray that you would enable me to stand firm During trials and tribulations.

Lord God, I ask your forgiveness for my hatred towards president Trump. Obviously he is the one that you wanted in office. I pray that you will bless him and his family this year.

Bless your church. Bless my family. Bless my Christian family.

PS Also, help me to find a good church to attend. Help me to be a blessing there.

I pray this in Jesus name. Amen

To the CF family: God bless you all and have a very blessed New Year.

:heart: Praying Jesse (((hug)))

Upvote 0

Introverted1293

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2017
Washington
✟686,777.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Lord, may the "NM" stand for "No more remaining long in sin, but coming quickly to You in repentance to be restored to sweet fellowship with You. Amen.

Thank you, Greg.

Upvote 0