FuegoPentecostes

Apr 26, 2012
Connecticut
✟15,475.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Just curious to see, what is a typical prayer service at your church like? I know some churches do this type of thing differently.

Does the congregation pray together (as in for the same thing, taking prayer requests, etc.)? Do you pray out loud or silently? Does one person lead the prayers? Do you do prayer chains?

In my church we usually have an hour or so (however long the Spirit says) of personal prayer; where you pray either at your seat or in the altar. Some people pray out loud, sometimes the Spirit takes over, I love those services :)
Then we come together and present the sick, the lost, etc. Sometimes we do a prayer chain.

What's it like in your church? Do you think there is a right or wrong way to hold a prayer service?

Just something that's been in my mind lately, God bless n.n

D

Di1533

We have prayer requests at the beginning of the service, then we go to pray by ourselves, like you say for about an hour or so (Spirit depending lol) then at the end we have a prayer "chair" which is just a chair but anyone who needs specific prayer/healing can sit and we all pray over him/her.

I don' think there is a right or wrong way to lead a prayer service.

Upvote 0
Sep 4, 2011
✟10,276.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
I don' think there is a right or wrong way to lead a prayer service.
Or a typical way of doing it.

I went to an AOG that incorporated multiple prayers into their service, and also had home groups with a strong emphasis on prayer. I joined an AOG that seemed to shun prayer every time I suggested it, which must be atypical. It was a church very strong on teaching from the pulpit, even in mid-week services. Prayers during services sometimes drifted inadvertently into teaching.

In comparison, at non-denominational churches, I attended all-night prayer sessions where anyone could come up to the microphone and pray or read scriptures.

In other denominations: prayer services had quiet readings, requests on paper read and prayed over, silent or music-backed times, formal liturgy, people from the congregation contributing prayers from their seats, and more. Plenty of prayer groups beyond the service.

Upvote 0