Legend
Site Supporter
Feb 9, 2002
Oklahoma
Visit site
✟76,549.00
Faith
Christian
"Father-God, we come before you as believers; Your word has spoken to our hearts and spirits, and we know You are the truth. Be Thou our God, our Infinite strength and resource, our LOVE. Jesus, we know the love You had for us --- to die in our place; we may not understand such love, but we shall be FOREVER GRATEFUL. Be Thou our Savior and indwelling Lord and Master. Sweet gentle Spirit --- indwell us also, re-make us from the inside out, guide us in Thy paths of righteousness.

Lord-God, we worship You in spirit and in truth! We lift Your name above ALL OTHERS, for You ARE WORTHY! Praise You above the mountains, above the clouds, above the stars! Be with us, Lord --- let YOUR heart become OURS.

Lord, please mature us in Your image (Eph4:13!); keep us from sin, let our hearts delight in YOU, not in evil. FILL our hearts so full with Your love and joy (Jn15:11!!!) that sin and evil has NO ROOM in our lives!

Lord --- I humbly come before many believers, and ask them to join with me, in praying for Robert, father of a friend of mine; finding himself unconscious in the hospital, severe pnemonia, kidney failure, and many other problems. PLEASE allow the bug-killers to work quickly, and restore him to health. He doesn't know You, Lord, not the way we do. Don't let him die in darkness.

And, Lord --- in another hospital in this same town, is a co-worker; esophagial cancer, spread to her liver kidneys and stomach. Could you find it in Your heart to heal her? In any case, PLEASE take away her pain, and let her feel Your loving arms around her. She and I never had the chance to speak of You and eternity --- PLEASE send someone with the words, if she doesn't know You well. Comfort her family; already-grieving husband and two sons.

Oh Lord, it is an evil world; I don't have many answers. But though I don't know what the future holds, with all my heart and soul I know YOU HOLD THE FUTURE! So I THANK You for being with Bob, and moving him to healing; AND giving someone (me, if you will) the words to speak to him of You. I thank you for being with Cleeta at this time --- though I ask for healing, I do not know your will on this. I think that we're so close to the end, that You will soon be here anyway. She is such a sweet young lady; if she passes, the sun will not be quite as bright; but perhaps her song will join Yours.

Lord, those who say "you can't take it with you", aren't very smart. For, TRUE wealth, we can take with us --- our wealth is the people who have joined us in YOU, and we will sing Your praises, forever.

Whatever happens --- hurts, sickness and sorrow, has an end. For YOU are the end of suffering. I long for You to return to set things "right", and I long for you to WAIT that more can learn of you. It is an honorable conflict. And I am glad I belong to You.

You are my strength and my song, and have become my salvation (Psalm118:14); mold me however You wish, that I may be useful to You.

Thank You, Lord! For everything."

...and thank each of YOU, who join me in this prayer.

:pray: :groupray:

This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ben johnson

Legend
Site Supporter
Feb 9, 2002
Oklahoma
Visit site
✟76,549.00
Faith
Christian
Thank you all for praying.

"Bob" was recovering well from his pneumia, but they found advanced leukemia. His wife said he might live five years; but he only lived a week or two. Went to his funeral last Saturday. I hope and pray that he belonged to Jesus.

There is no improvement with Cleeta. Wish I had extreme medicine that could help her. But I know the Ultimate Doctor; all in His hands.

BTW, sister is recovering from breast cancer (lost one); seems to be doing fine. Not running in circles, but definitely moving around.

I haven't been around here for a couple weeks; if anyone will lift her in prayer, I will be grateful.

Thank you all VERY much for your kindness and consideration, in your prayers.

:groupray: (Group hug!)

:)

Upvote 0

ForeverHopeful

Senior Veteran
Jun 19, 2006
✟11,669.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I am sorry to hear about your loss. I missed your original post, but reading it tonight, I have to say what a beautiful prayer request and post. May God bless you according to his will and may each of your loved ones feel peace just knowing that you are praying for them and that God is working in their lives.

Heavenly Father, give comfort, strength, and guidance to those who are in mourning this untimely death. Thank you for healing Cleeta according to your will even if there seems to be no improvement right now. May she find peace that passes understanding just knowing this is in your hands. Thank you for removing the cancer from this sister, may she have a speedy recovery giving you all glory and honor! In Jesus name I pray for each person named here and those they love, may your perfect will be done in all areas of their lives and may they be drawn closer to you. Thank you for this and for all you do, Amen

Upvote 0

Ben johnson

Legend
Site Supporter
Feb 9, 2002
Oklahoma
Visit site
✟76,549.00
Faith
Christian
There was a "party" last month, we fix a cake each month to celebrate those who had birthdays; I suggested we dedicate that month's cake to Cleta. She was grateful; but smiling, though crying. She went around and hugged everyone. Said, "I'm gonna beat this."

I knew she wasn't.

I'm told it began as lung cancer; if you smoke, STOP. I've lost enough family friends and acquaintences to those "coffin nails".

Tomorrow is Cleta's funeral; they're gonna let us off to go. I went to Bob's, it was performed by his son-in-law, a minister. It was nice.

It's quieter at work without Cleta; we're gonna miss her.

On a positive note, sister is doing fine; slowly getting better. Think I'll get a stuffed animal and write her a note, letting her know how grateful I am it was caught so early. She is NOT ugly now, she is beautiful; but however she is, we'll take it --- because we still have her.

I thank each of you who posted and prayed, and each who prayed but did not post. You --- and I --- we really are all family. I look forward to thanking you in person some day, even if it's in the clouds with Jesus.

:)

:hug:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

chosenpath

Senior Veteran
Sep 29, 2008
Florida
✟11,367.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Abba Father you are our rock, our salvation. In you we move, breathe, and have our being. May your grace and mercy cover Robert and Cleeta and give them a renewed life through your perfect son Jesus. I pray that you give Ben the strenghth and vitality to continue his service in the healing of the sick. God I pray for all political authorities and ask that you guide them in supporting our country. I lift up my gradtitude as I humbly pray this through your Loving son Jesus.

1Corinthians 15:57
But thanks [be] to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.

When joined together for God's purpose we can claim victory over evil.

All God's Blessing,
Chosenpath

Upvote 0

Ben johnson

Legend
Site Supporter
Feb 9, 2002
Oklahoma
Visit site
✟76,549.00
Faith
Christian
Robert and Cleta have a "renewed life"; they are in Christ's hands now. They are no longer hurting, no longer crying. Music praise and the sound of thousands of wings fill their ears. (I know, because I saw it in a dream once; "dream", "vision" --- tomato tomahto.)

Let us never lose an opportunity to tell others of Jesus' love; for we do not know when they will be gone, and we may have missed the chance.

I've almost been killed on many occasions. Just two weeks ago a car in front of me darted towards the exit, spun out on the rain-slick-highway; I brought my car to a stop just fifteen feet from their front bumper (they were in my lane, pointed right at me).

Tell them about Jesus, and tell them you love them. Your friends, your family, and your enemies.

Time is shorter than we ALL think.

Upvote 0