• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.

Prayer for understanding and hope

Discussion in 'Prayer Wall' started by NW82, Feb 14, 2020.

1. NW82

NW82 Quote scripture or your argument is invalid.

+498
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Divorced
    US-Libertarian
    I'm requesting prayers that the Father will provide or show me how to understand recent events...and to have hope for the future. The past two weeks I've prayed hard for a certain outcome, for hope. Today that was destroyed, like He just sent me to His voicemail. I do not question the sovereignty of the Father. I would however like to understand the why, and to know if there is any hope in this situation. In 2012, I was in a much worse position in the same sort of mindset, and I almost killed myself. I do not want to get that rock bottom again, but right now I see no hope. Only He can get me out of this....yet I am not heard, or at the very least cast aside.

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. NW82

+498
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Divorced
    US-Libertarian
    As an aside I realize having faith is one thing. Unfortunately I've seen no hope for the last ten years...last summer I saw hope, and it has continued on a downward trend, coming to today. I can't just sit and have a "maybe" of hope...I really need to have some realization of hope, I can't keep this up.

3. musicalpilgrim

musicalpilgrim pilgrim on the sacred music pathway Supporter Angels Team

+23,432
    United Kingdom
    Pentecostal
    Married
    I pray for you that you will grow in the Lord as you read his Word and pray.
    Dear Father, bless and heal in Jesus name.

4. NW82

+498
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Divorced
    US-Libertarian
    I feel as though God hates me. Everyone I know has happiness and those who care about them. The one time I get even remotely close...it just blows up...

5. NW82

+498
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Divorced
    US-Libertarian
    I don't know how to live without hope.

6. musicalpilgrim

+23,432
    United Kingdom
    Pentecostal
    Married
    What does Jesus say in the Bible about hope?
    What does the Bible say about hope?
    I pray for you that you are able to find the answers in God's Word.

7. NW82

+498
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Divorced
    US-Libertarian
    There is no biblical promise about hope in this world. Sure there is hope for eternity, but that still requires me to be miserable on Earth. I can't understand what makes me so horrible a person that everyone else I know can be happy and have those that love them, and I'm not allowed to have that.

8. At Your Footstool

At Your Footstool Cool people hang with Christ Supporter

+332
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Private

See Jeremiah 17v7-8. One thing that I know for sure is, the more you allow your feelings to cloud your spiritual senses, the longer it will also take for you to come out of this. That is why Jesus says " God is spirit and those who worship Him do so in spirit and in truth. Ask the Lord to show you how to fix your eyes upon Christ and He will, because He is faithful.

9. NW82

+498
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Divorced
    US-Libertarian
    Even so it won't change the fact that I'm alone...and I can't continue like this.

10. musicalpilgrim

+23,432
    United Kingdom
    Pentecostal
    Married
    Jesus loves you, I pray that you will know this truth.
    Live for Jesus,
    Share his love and his joy with others

11. NW82

+498
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Divorced
    US-Libertarian
    What does this have to do with my being alone forever?

12. Stephanie7

Stephanie7 Senior Veteran

+2,396
    Christian
    Married
    "I wait for the LORD, I expectantly wait, and in His WORD do I hope" Psalm 130:5

Heavenly Father, restore this person's hope,You know about all the circumstances and what is needed here to help this one, In Jesus Name, Amen

13. LoricaLady

LoricaLady YHWH's Supporter

+6,615
    Messianic
    Private
    Everyone may seem happy. People put up fronts lots of times, though. But that doesn't help your pain and your need to feel cared about and connected. I pray you will be given understanding and guidance and healing and good companionship.