Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
Two August 15th special congressional elections are now in the process.

I am requesting prayer from like-minded Christians. I am praying that the Lord will install Christian-minded candidates. Candidates that will fear God, benefit the Church, and contribute to the healing of the US.

Amen!

If you don't like this prayer request, then remember, this is not a debate forum.

General Info:
Special elections to the 115th United States Congress (2017-2018) - Ballotpedia

US Senate race:
United States Senate special election in Alabama, 2017 - Ballotpedia

Nine Republicans and seven Democrats are competing in the primary on August 15, 2017. A runoff election is scheduled on September 26, 2017, in case either party's primary concludes without a candidate receiving more than 50 percent of the vote.[5] Since Alabama has been continuously represented by a Republican since 1994, media coverage and spending in the race has focused on the Republican primary. The top three contenders, according to an internal campaign poll in July, are incumbent Sen. Luther Strange (R-Ala), Rep. Mo Brooks (R-Ala.), and Judge Roy Moore.

Utah's 3rd Congressional District Race (US House Seat):
Utah's 3rd Congressional District special election, 2017 - Ballotpedia

Primary Date : August 15, 2017
General Election Date : November 7, 2017

A special election is being held in the 3rd Congressional District of Utah for the U.S. House of Representatives. The election will replace Jason Chaffetz (R), who resigned from office on June 30, 2017.[1]
A total of 22 candidates, including 13 Republicans and three Democrats, declared their intent to run for Chaffetz's seat. The Democratic and Republican state party conventions were held on June 17, 2017. Kathie Allen won the Democratic Party's nomination. Christopher Herrod, a former state representative, was selected as the convention nominee for the Republican Party. He will compete against John Curtis and Tanner Ainge—two candidates who qualified for the ballot via signature-gathering—in the Republican primary on August 15.

Libertarian Joe Buchman, Independent American candidate Jason Christensen, independent Sean Whalen, and United Utah Party candidate Jim Bennett are set to appear on the general election ballot on November 7, 2017, with Allen and the winner of the Republican primary

Edit: 8-9-2017
A special election is being held in Alabama on December 12, 2017. The primary election was held on August 15, 2017, with 18 candidates competing for the Democratic and Republican nominations.
Former U.S. attorney Doug Jones won the Democratic primary on August 15, 2017, defeating Robert Kennedy Jr. and five other candidates. Because Jones received more than 50 percent of the vote, he advanced directly to the December 12 general election ballot without needing to participate in a primary runoff election.[1]
Former judge Roy Moore and incumbent Sen. Luther Strange advanced to the Republican primary runoff election scheduled September 26, 2017. They were the top two vote-getters in a field of nine Republicans, although neither candidate received more than 50 percent of the vote.[1] More than $5.1 million had been spent on the Republican primary race, and the Senate Leadership Fund (SLF) pledged to spend up to $8 million to see Strange through to a general election victory. The SLF announced on August 31, 2017, that they planned to spend $3.6 million in TV, radio, and digital advertising in the finals weeks leading up to the
runoff. Five outside organizations backed Moore's run, collectively contributing more than $120,000 to support his campaign.

Last edited:

rockytopva

Love to pray! :)
Site Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,065,147.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Father I pray blessings on this request, these elections, and for the United States of America in Jesus name I pray. Also taking these needs before God in prayer on the bbnradio.org Family Altar program... BBN Program Schedule

Upvote 0

macek

Apr 21, 2017
Ljubljana
✟65,547.00
Country
Slovenia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Lifting this request before Holy Father in Jesus name and i plead in Jesus name for
Candidates that will fear God, benefit the the people and the Eternal Kingdom of our Lord God, and contribute to the healing of the US and the world.
to be elected and make decisions that are right in the eyes of God. This world of ours is in serious need of healing. Father if it is your will, move the hearts of voters to do the right thing in your eyes, dear Father God. Let Your Will be done and glory, honor, power and dominion to you Lord God now and forever. Amen.

*did some edits to the quoted text :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

AACJ

Please Pray
Nov 17, 2016
US
✟103,451.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
For a US senate seat.

A special election is being held in Alabama on December 12, 2017. The primary election was held on August 15, 2017, with 18 candidates competing for the Democratic and Republican nominations.
Former U.S. attorney Doug Jones won the Democratic primary on August 15, 2017, defeating Robert Kennedy Jr. and five other candidates. Because Jones received more than 50 percent of the vote, he advanced directly to the December 12 general election ballot without needing to participate in a primary runoff election.[1]
Former judge Roy Moore and incumbent Sen. Luther Strange advanced to the Republican primary runoff election scheduled September 26, 2017. They were the top two vote-getters in a field of nine Republicans, although neither candidate received more than 50 percent of the vote.[1] More than $5.1 million had been spent on the Republican primary race, and the Senate Leadership Fund (SLF) pledged to spend up to $8 million to see Strange through to a general election victory. The SLF announced on August 31, 2017, that they planned to spend $3.6 million in TV, radio, and digital advertising in the finals weeks leading up to the
runoff. Five outside organizations backed Moore's run, collectively contributing more than $120,000 to support his campaign.

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

AACJ

Please Pray
Nov 17, 2016
US
✟103,451.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
US House seat.

A special election is being held in the 3rd Congressional District of Utah for the U.S. House of Representatives. The election will replace Jason Chaffetz (R), who resigned from office on June 30, 2017.[1]
The general election will be held on November 7, 2017, which is featuring a total of six candidates. Democratic candidate Kathie Allen, Republican John Curtis, Libertarian Joe Buchman, Independent American candidate Jason Christensen, independent Sean Whalen, and United Utah Party candidate Jim Bennett are facing each other for the seat.
Utah's 3rd Congressional District special election, 2017 - Ballotpedia

Last edited:
  • Winner
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

AACJ

Please Pray
Nov 17, 2016
US
✟103,451.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
Ok, so for those interested in the Republican finalists running in the Alabama Senate special election.

"Former judge Roy Moore and incumbent Sen. Luther Strange advanced to the Republican primary runoff election scheduled September 26, 2017." This is just for these two Republicans in determining which one will advance to the General election for the state.

The General election for this state is still scheduled for December 12.

I don't see any info on any independents, so I guess there are none.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

AACJ

Please Pray
Nov 17, 2016
US
✟103,451.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
I am requesting prayer of conservatives for the current Alabama senate race. Without sufficient corroborating evidence, the allegations against Roy Moore are no more than that: unfounded allegations. President Donald Trump was also accused (falsely) of sexual misconduct. His accusers also suspiciously waited until his presidential race. They have apparently faded into non-activity. The presumption of innocence should remain strong.

Roy Moore is refusing to drop out. Therefore, it would probably be very unwise another Republican to attempt to run in the General election (Dec.7th) as a write-in candidate; that could possibly divide the conservative votes between Moore and the write-in candidate, thus possibly facilitating a win for the Democrat, Doug Jones, that will be running against Moore in the General. The race between Moore and Jones is already tight enough as it is according to a recent poll.

This is a critical special election. Democrats understand this. Republicans currently only hold a 2 seat advantage in the US Senate. Conservatives cannot afford to loose this Alabama Senate seat to the Left.

I am also requesting prayer against the efforts of Left-wing activist group, Media Matters, that “is using scandalous allegations surrounding Alabama GOP Senate candidate Roy Moore as a new weapon in their months-long campaign to oust Fox News host Sean Hannity by pressuring sponsors into pulling their advertisements.” I am praying that Hannity will have the victory and remain at Fox News with plenty of sponsors. Praying also for other conservative news outlets.

Media Matters Using Roy Moore Allegations To Go After Hannity’s Advertisers

I am and have been praying for a conservative win in this Alabama Senate race. Whether that be by Moore dropping out and a conservative taking his place and winning, or by Moore staying in the race and winning. Either way, according to God's will. I will be doing as much praying and fasting for this so important election up until December 7th. Please join me in prayer in this critical hour for our nation’s sake. God bless.

Last edited:
  • Winner
Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
I am requesting prayer of conservatives for the current Alabama senate race. Without sufficient corroborating evidence, the allegations against Roy Moore are no more than that: unfounded allegations. President Donald Trump was also accused (falsely) of sexual misconduct. His accusers also suspiciously waited until his presidential race. They have apparently faded into non-activity. The presumption of innocence should remain strong.

Roy Moore is refusing to drop out. Therefore, it would probably be very unwise another Republican to attempt to run in the General election (Dec.7th) as a write-in candidate; that could possibly divide the conservative votes between Moore and the write-in candidate, thus possibly facilitating a win for the Democrat, Doug Jones, that will be running against Moore in the General. The race between Moore and Jones is already tight enough as it is according to a recent poll.

This is a critical special election. Democrats understand this. Republicans currently only hold a 2 seat advantage in the US Senate. Conservatives cannot afford to loose this Alabama Senate seat to the Left.

I am also requesting prayer against the efforts of Left-wing activist group, Media Matters, that “is using scandalous allegations surrounding Alabama GOP Senate candidate Roy Moore as a new weapon in their months-long campaign to oust Fox News host Sean Hannity by pressuring sponsors into pulling their advertisements.” I am praying that Hannity will have the victory and remain at Fox News with plenty of sponsors. Praying also for other conservative news outlets.

Media Matters Using Roy Moore Allegations To Go After Hannity’s Advertisers

I am and have been praying for a conservative win in this Alabama Senate race. Whether that be by Moore dropping out and a conservative taking his place and winning, or by Moore staying in the race and winning. Either way, according to God's will. I will be doing as much praying and fasting for this so important election up until December 7th. Please join me in prayer in this critical hour for our nation’s sake. God bless.

Praying in agreement!!!!

Reactions: AACJ
Upvote 0

Greg Merrill

Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2017
Las Vegas
✟342,224.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Father, You know all the secrets of men, the truths and the lies, the sins and the good works. You know all the details of our government, and its representatives. You know the needs of the constituency, of the country. You know the past and present and future history of our nation. You have the power to raise people up, and put people down (Psalms 75:6-7), and You call upon us to pray for those in authority (1 Timothy 2:1-2). You have given us knowledge of Your knowledge of these things in these kind of verses. So we pray that You will answer these prayers that have been attempted to be prayed in Your Spirit, according to what we believe Your will to be, that our government representatives in our country would be working to have this country more pleasing to You. We pray that Your would graciously answer our prayers that godly people will be raised up into positions of authority, and that the godly that are already in some positions will be used of You to represent You well. You see here those that have been mentioned by name, and how specific we have been in what we are asking for. We give You great thanks for the spiritual work that has been done in our country and government, and the great blessings we have enjoyed because of it. We pray that we are reminded not to take these for granted, but to continue to support the things and kind of people that have sought to please You in our government and nation. May work also be done to reach our younger generations in guiding them to You and the way You would have us go in these areas, in order to protect them for our future. Amen.

Upvote 0