East of Manchester
✟2,622,609.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
My yes dear Brinny. It has it’s root in that unseen sphere mentioned (highlighted),

“Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ”

“And God raised us up with Christ and seated us with him in the heavenly realms in Christ Jesus,”, ,

“For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in heavenly places.”, ,

“For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war according to the flesh:

For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strongholds

Casting down arguments, and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ”, ,

(Ephesians 1:3, Ephesians 2:6, Ephesians 6:12, 2 Corinthians 10:3-5 )​

From there we come by the blood of Christ to petition for our brothers and sisters for “the renewing of the Holy Spirit” for insight to ultimately short-circuit any possible darkness of understanding that our minds might be erring from. An edge if you will. :)
What a wonderful letter Ephesians is. I am reading it again, and it always speaks to me of our spiritual blessings and warms my heart. May the Lord bless you Rock.

Upvote 0

rocknanchor

Continue Well 2 John 9
Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2009
Notre Dame, IN
✟986,163.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
No discarding. I just don't understand what you wrote.
How very uncustomary of your otherwise extreme perception you have come to be known for here. For you are not one to refuse reason, willingly to the point of being un-reasonable. For the scriptures speak quite plainly to this.

As the etymology shows, it means “to be moderate in one’s passions”. - Expositor's Greek

Again, this is very uncustomary of the Brinny we have come to love and know as though you were no longer putting to use the proper knowledge in comprehending divine things. But Christ is the abler over all, to officiate for our entire shortcomings, and we all have them.

Please give it some patience as we commit this to His trust, the Lord will supply.

Shalom!

Upvote 0

rocknanchor

Continue Well 2 John 9
Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2009
Notre Dame, IN
✟986,163.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
What a wonderful letter Ephesians is. I am reading it again, and it always speaks to me of our spiritual blessings and warms my heart. May the Lord bless you Rock.
Me too! And thank you dear Pilgrim. I suppose we could spend quite a bit of time on the aspect of this sub-frontier if you will and the richness of our stewarding all petitions and "pulling down" matters of importance. Thank God :) and bless you and all our friends here!

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,246.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
How very uncustomary of your otherwise extreme perception you have come to be known for here. For you are not one to refuse reason, willingly to the point of being un-reasonable. For the scriptures speak quite plainly to this.

As the etymology shows, it means “to be moderate in one’s passions”. - Expositor's Greek

Again, this is very uncustomary of the Brinny we have come to love and know as though you were no longer putting to use the proper knowledge in comprehending divine things. But Christ is the abler over all, to officiate for our entire shortcomings, and we all have them.

Please give it some patience as we commit this to His trust, the Lord will supply.

Shalom!

Interesting.

God is not a God of confusion.

Clarity is a GOOD thing.

So is simplicity.

In other words, just come out plainly and say what it is we wanna say, and yes, even and especially in prayer.

And you are correct. God gives clarity.

May His simplicity, wisdom, discernment, and clarity be evident for all of His own, so that there is no confusion, of which He is not the Author of. Father may it be so, in Jesus name, amen.

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,246.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
i'm sorry Rock. I had seen something you posted along with another member and it concerned me.

I do not believe that one has to speak in tongues as evidence that they are a child of the Most High God.

I do apologize, however, for taking it to heart and allowing it to hurt me.

i am not Pentecostal. I have been posting on this dear forum off and on since the author of this thread, lilmissmontana used to post here. I miss her terribly.

I apologize if i have caused any problems, etc.

Upvote 0

rocknanchor

Continue Well 2 John 9
Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2009
Notre Dame, IN
✟986,163.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
i am not Pentecostal
Hello Brinny. Now you say you're not Pentecostal, ok. But I must say that is an interesting statement in consideration of the fact that you have blessed Pentecostals here time and again. And in fact have done so for a good duration of time. Surely, you must know a curious comfort comes from above for both you and through you by Him to us? Surely, you know to press into knowledge of the Son and His holy word repeatedly with us builds and builds till you are endearing to us?

I think I speak for the rest of Pentecostals under such involvement, we love you as any other Pentecostal and not only, but, let's keep one thing in mind here, , the Son of God's wisdom is so intense over us and all that surrounds us, , we might not be aware of a "Pentecostal" gift that might just be at work. But even if it isn't, there isn't any here I know of who doesn't wish to shower you with all the love we can bare for you.

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,246.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Hello Brinny. Now you say you're not Pentecostal, ok. But I must say that is an interesting statement in consideration of the fact that you have blessed Pentecostals here time and again. And in fact have done so for a good duration of time. Surely, you must know a curious comfort comes from above for both you and through you by Him to us? Surely, you know to press into knowledge of the Son and His holy word repeatedly with us builds and builds till you are endearing to us?

I think I speak for the rest of Pentecostals under such involvement, we love you as any other Pentecostal and not only, but, let's keep one thing in mind here, , the Son of God's wisdom is so intense over us and all that surrounds us, , we might not be aware of a "Pentecostal" gift that might just be at work. But even if it isn't, there isn't any here I know of who doesn't wish to shower you with all the love we can bare for you.

I don't remember if lilmissmontana is Pentecostal or not, it didn't really matter to me...we were great friends, and she had the best smilies and was so kind. We shared a love of God.

It was recently here, that someone went on and on about Pentecostalism, and there was some kind of conversation about salvation and speaking in tongues.

Upvote 0

rocknanchor

Continue Well 2 John 9
Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2009
Notre Dame, IN
✟986,163.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I don't remember if lilmissmontana is Pentecostal or not, it didn't really matter to me...we were great friends, and she had the best smilies and was so kind. We shared a love of God.

It was recently here, that someone went on and on about Pentecostalism, and there was some kind of conversation about salvation and speaking in tongues.
I was thinking on this today, , and suppose I will address it specifically in a dedicated post to see if that might be of interest.

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,246.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
I was thinking on this today, , and suppose I will address it specifically in a dedicated post to see if that might be of interest.

About lilmissmontana?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

rocknanchor

Continue Well 2 John 9
Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2009
Notre Dame, IN
✟986,163.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
About lilmissmontana?
Sorry, no but a press into the truth of those who do and those who don't speak, pray with "tongues".

Tell me, I suppose 'lilmissmontana' and yourself covered a wide range of subjects? Did she specialize in one or more areas? Strong traits?

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,246.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Sorry, no but a press into the truth of those who do and those who don't speak, pray with "tongues".

Tell me, I suppose 'lilmissmontana' and yourself covered a wide range of subjects? Did she specialize in one or more areas? Strong traits?

She was a friend. Never much talked about "specifics". She was a friendly encourager who like to have fun too, and that's how we ran into each other....i especially like her smilies. I came to find that she was one of the most genuinely gracious and encouraging and loving people i had ever met on here, who loved God and it was so evident. She reflected His Light. It shined through her.

Upvote 0

rocknanchor

Continue Well 2 John 9
Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2009
Notre Dame, IN
✟986,163.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
She was a friend. Never much talked about "specifics". She was a friendly encourager who like to have fun too, and that's how we ran into each other....i especially like her smilies. I came to find that she was one of the most genuinely gracious and encouraging and loving people i had ever met on here, who loved God and it was so evident. She reflected His Light. It shined through her.
Thanks! I noticed you returned to this part over 'smiles'. Was that on-site use of CF-smiles, or some of those elaborate ones that tend to dazzle?

Upvote 0

rocknanchor

Continue Well 2 John 9
Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2009
Notre Dame, IN
✟986,163.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
BTW, what has become of her?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,246.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Thanks! I noticed you returned to this part over 'smiles'. Was that on-site use of CF-smiles, or some of those elaborate ones that tend to dazzle?

She had some really unique smilies.....i found them delightful...

Upvote 0

rocknanchor

Continue Well 2 John 9
Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2009
Notre Dame, IN
✟986,163.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
She had some really unique smilies.....i found them delightful...
As I recall, yours are as well. Yours and Pilgrim's.

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,246.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
As I recall, yours are as well. Yours and Pilgrim's.

yes, Pilgrim's are too hahaaa love them....

sometimes i think smilies are almost like a ministry in how they bring a smile to peoples hearts and faces

Upvote 0

rocknanchor

Continue Well 2 John 9
Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2009
Notre Dame, IN
✟986,163.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
yes, Pilgrim's are too hahaaa love them....

sometimes i think smilies are almost like a ministry in how they bring a smile to peoples hearts and faces
No doubt. Let's see, , if we ran a inquiry as to why a lot don't choose to it would be my guess the forums that deal with personal conviction who's turn to comment steps in and wants the heart to have free and fluid reign of expression. If so, then a more convenient way to post these visuals might be advantageous.

Upvote 0