Visit site
✟727,600.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
I am utterly infatuated with this one woman. If people have read my posts, you will know her as mystery woman. I am very attracted to her. The problem is though, I have never met her. I don't know her name. I have not even said hi to her. I have seen her in the neighborhood and I think she is very beautiful.

I have been pining over her for a year now. I haven't seen her for a week, she is probably on vacation. And yet I miss her. Just the sheer sight of her makes me happy, despite the fact I don't know her.

I have seen her with some guys. One of them could be a boyfriend, I guess. It's not like she has been holding hands or kissed one of them.

I know she may not be single, but she could be.

I know she may not be a Christian, but she could be.

Until I find out for sure, I will always think what if I have a shot.

I pray for answers. I pray for truth.

I ask for prayer because, it's been a year and I haven't manage to get a breakthrough. One way or the other.

If you think I'm nuts, that's okay, you are welcome to pray for that too.
Nuts, no. Unhealthily obsessed, yes. They used to call it being "lovesick" and it was treated like an illness. You need to pray to be set free. You have to get to know someone before you commit emotionally. Otherwise you are headed for heartbreak. The divorce records are packed with cases of people whose only basis for relationship was infatuation. It's a feeling that wears off, sooner or later. That's when the strife begins. No one needs to go through that trainwreck.

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟250,827.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Under normal circumstances I would agree with you. But I always miss the oppotunity, it's a matter of seconds in some cases.

You raise some valid points. But if I do meet her I won't be marrying her straight away. I ofcourse want ot get to know her and I think it's important to get it confirmed if she is a Christian.

Well Jesus never went out of His way to help people, follow His example.

Make it your object to meet and introduce yourself.

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,600.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Under normal circumstances I would agree with you. But I always miss the oppotunity, it's a matter of seconds in some cases.

You raise some valid points. But if I do meet her I won't be marrying her straight away. I ofcourse want ot get to know her and I think it's important to get it confirmed if she is a Christian.
It's very difficult to be anything like objective if you are infatuated. And I wonder why you keep missing opportunities. Maybe God is trying to tell you something.

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,600.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
I have thought about that. Maybe it is God's way of saying she is not the one. I also thought maybe it is an attack from the enemy keeping me and her apart.
One of the worst periods of my life was struggling with a similar issue. It was even more difficult as I truly believed that we were meant for each other. The problem was that she did not agree. I had a good deal of contact with her through church activities. The devil has way less power than God. If it is God's will, then it will come to pass. The trick is to submit to God and resist the devil. Submission means to accept God's will whatever it is, whether it pleases us or not. Resisting the devil is to consciously refuse Satan's will, no matter how appealing it is. It may be the hardest thing you will ever face. Lord Jesus struggled with the prospect of the cross. Just as well for us that He accepted God's will.

Every Christian at some time has their own personal "Gethsemane". Those who accept God's will, even with tears, win a great victory over the worst enemy, ourselves. A loss in the natural realm means great gain spiritually. Those who cling to the desires of self miss out on God's best.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums