Sep 30, 2005
Where the Lord wants me
✟26,473.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
Hey All,

I was really moved today about the sermon at church. It was based on Philippians 4:6 "Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God." It is a wonderful message from Paul and a good reminder that the Lord is with us in all things.

So as I was starting to think about all the things I am anxious about I was reminded that I was not alone in my anxiety. I know that I have a lot of prayer about what I am anxious about but would also like to be praying for all of you in this as well. So if you feel the need to share some of your anxiety with some to pray I will be willing (you can PM me if you don't want to post here).

As for me - I am still deciding what to do next year. My boss has implied that he would like me to stay on another year but right now I am not sure that I will survive the week. I dream of a place that is quiet and cool. Where there is a lot of grass and a lot of room to walk freely. That is not something I have been able to do, see or feel in a long time here. However, I am anxious in stepping alone out into the unknown again. That is still a long way off but something that I have started to pray about.

Blessings,
Evie

Rhye

Legend
Mar 29, 2010
✟43,006.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I will pray for you Evie!

As for me - I am still deciding what to do next year. My boss has implied that he would like me to stay on another year but right now I am not sure that I will survive the week. I dream of a place that is quiet and cool. Where there is a lot of grass and a lot of room to walk freely. That is not something I have been able to do, see or feel in a long time here. However, I am anxious in stepping alone out into the unknown again. That is still a long way off but something that I have started to pray about.

Blessings,
Evie

I have this need of wanting to get held by someone. Just held. Thats all.

I would always shut down when things went bad. I did at some point, but I think talking about it has helped me more now. And, yet, I feel like a burden for complaining so much.

Last edited:
Reactions: MehTeh
Upvote 0

Evie1980

Learning to thrive
Sep 30, 2005
Where the Lord wants me
✟26,473.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
I will pray for you Evie!

Thank you. I was cranky this morning as this teenager brandished a knife at me twice - once in on my way to my car and then again when I was driving (I had slowed down so I wouldn't hit him when I was going around the corner to get out of my street when he though it would be fun to pretend to attack me through the open window). I won't say what I wanted to say at him. Kind of getting tired of all. They do it just to scare you.I mean, seriously :confused: does he really think he can control me? Well he thought he was cool with his mates but next time ...

Not a great mood to go to church in...

I have this need of wanting to get held by someone. Just held. Thats all.

I would always shut down when things went bad. I did at some point, but I think talking about it has helped me more now. And, yet, I feel like a burden for complaining so much

Oh I understand that. My complaints seem to be the same day in and day out. I am caught between doing my job with the students I love, trusting God in all of this and wanting so badly to pack my bags. People think I am nuts but I am just trying to do what God has asked me to. It is not always easy. Sometimes I just want to hear the words "It is going to be alright. You are a good person. You are doing the best you can. You will make it. You will be thankful for this expereince and it will be a blessing unto you and others."

But if you ever want to talk to me about your own experience I am willing to listen. I will keep you in my prayers.

Blessings

Upvote 0

Nom De Guerre

Who amongst you doesn't see life as permanent?
May 6, 2005
Location, Location.
✟39,599.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
You have no idea how much I needed this, and will continue to need this; I'm starting to get a bit anxious and nervous about this career change... it's gonna be massive for me and everybody I care about.

I definitely need the prayer, and you have my prayer in return! :crossrc:

Upvote 0

.Iona.

I love Jesus!
Dec 9, 2007
UK
✟41,546.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
UK-Greens
I have been feeling very anxious recently, about a lot of things - work, the future, friends and whether what I am doing is good enough. Prayer is so powerful, I would be very grateful if just one person could keep me in mind and send some prayers.

Upvote 0

Evie1980

Learning to thrive
Sep 30, 2005
Where the Lord wants me
✟26,473.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
Hey All,
Just thought I would drop by and see how you all are doing? I am doing... well I am doing! lol. I have to admit I am not sure where all this will lead but at the moment I know that I struggle a lot with fear. Not fear in the sense I think that someone is going to hurt me but the fear in the sense that I am scared to step out and try to do something different. I love the Lord and I know that He is helping me to overcome this. He knows my heart and I know the direction He has for me. I am just not sure how I am going to get there. I know the Lord will help me and I do not need to rely on myself but I struggle with letting everything all go.
Anyway I hope the Lord is revealling Himself in you lives as well.
Many blessings and I will continue to uphold you in prayer.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

restless04

Mar 24, 2011
✟7,835.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Regardless of how things turn out, God will use it for good. "For we know in all things God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose", Romans 8:28 [NIV]

Fear isn't an easy thing to overcome, I will admit. Although, it can help to keep in mind that fear doesn't come from God either, "For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind", 2 Timothy 1:7 [KJV]

Good luck with everything, and I'll keep you in my prayers.

Upvote 0