Ohio
✟9,084.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
There is a negative influence in our house. I don't call it home anymore because it doesn't feel like home anymore.
We all have suffered from this... thing.
-My daughter (23) is angry, selfish, depressed, and she and her husband split up a few months ago.
-Prior to him leaving, SIL (32) was depressed and suicidal. He had multiple trips to the mental hospital.
-My mother (72) is upset, angry, defensive, depressed.
-My son (11) is tormented with angry outbursts for no reason, possibly depressed, I'm not sure yet. He starts counseling this Tuesday.
-My husband (47) was suicidal and withdrawn, possibly angry too but the depression might have hid it well.
-I (42) have been fighting crippling depression for months, beyond the help of medications. Suicidal and withdrawn. I have no will to care for myself or others.
-Truth is, I don't think any of us have the will to care for others when we're here.

My husband of almost 15 years began an affair in early August. I did not know. I tried to commit suicide on Nov 22 and got out of the hospital on Nov 29. I discovered the affair and he moved out into his affair partner's house that same night, almost an hour away.

The reason I'm assuming the negativity is in the house is because:
My SIL has improved mentally and has calmed down, no longer suicidal.
My husband is no longer suicidal. (He's a monster when he visits)
My son does not like coming to the house from school because he is "happier" there.
My mother works so she doesn't spend as much time at the house.
When my daughter spends a few days at her friends, she is calmer and gentler.
When I was in the hospital and, last night, in a 24 hour facility, I immediately felt safer and calmer.
We ALL feel better after we've spent a few hours away from the house, even if it's just to the store for groceries. The house develops a dark feeling if we've been here too long.

I've been praying every day for its removal, from the house and our lives. I've been praying for protection from its influence. I am asking for help because I do not feel strong enough to remove it myself. I feel blocked when I pray. I am tormented by nightmares and sleep paralysis after I pray for my husband. I feel lost and defeated in the mornings.

Please and thank you for any prayers, kind words, or any other assistance or advice you might provide.

Basil the Great

Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2009
✟721,243.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Green
mythicangel516 - I really do not know where to begin. Your situation is so difficult that you might want to contact one of the staff members here? I am not one to say this lightly, believe me, but I almost wonder if there is something evil in the house? Such is not common at all in my view, but does appear to happen in rare cases. Have you ever had a house blessing done by a priest or minister? You may want to go through each room in the house with prayers and either holy water (Catholic-Orthodox tradition) or by prayers and burning sage (a Native American tradition)?

However, the most likely explanation is a natural one, where, for whatever reason or reasons, all family members are having problems. Still, God bless you. Perhaps more later on this...

Last edited:
Upvote 0

teresa

Site Supporter
Dec 15, 2015
united states
✟285,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Dear heavenly Father

Thank you for sending your only begotten son to die for our sins. We confess that we are sinners and cannot help ourselves, but through the redeeming blood of the lamb, we are wiped clean. We confess that we have sinned against you in our thoughts, words and deeds. We humbly pray for forgiveness of our sins that we confess now.

Thank you Lord Jesus for sending us the Holy Spirit that we may produce the fruits of the Spirit in our daily walk with you.

We ask for your Holy presence in this house of mythicangel and to cover this house with your protection, and to fill mythicangel with your peace and love, this day, now and forevermore.

In Jesus name we pray

Amen

• Agree
Reactions: CtC
Upvote 0
Dec 29, 2017
Ohio
✟9,084.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I need more help than I thought. My apologies.

The man who came to see his son is NOT my husband.
The eyes are windows to the soul and this man has no soul. The light is gone from his eyes. He is cold. He is dark. It scares me to no end. I do not see my husband in him or his personality. His interactions with his son are distant but I can understand that as my husband would miss his son and not want to hurt him further. I can’t excuse his behavior or attitude towards me and don’t want to excuse it towards our son. This man that has shown up 4 times this past month is a selfish monster and so different from my husband.

I will be attending Catholic Mass tomorrow, for the first time. I hope and pray I can get help for this evil. I hope they will allow me enough Holy Water to bless this house. I pray they can guide me. I am worried and scared. I know I cannot do this alone. I don’t know what else to do.

Even as I type this, I feel the presence affecting me. I can’t stand it. I prayed while I was out of the house today. I doubt he will let me pray over him.

Upvote 0

drjean

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 16, 2011
✟313,070.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Focus upon the positive and the negative (created by satan ) leaves. GOD is good, GOD provides, God leads, God loves!
upload_2017-12-31_21-35-34.png

Upvote 0

Greg Merrill

Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2017
Las Vegas
✟342,224.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
In the beginning of this thread, Lord, I don't see any mention of You at all. You seem to be what is missing from this house, the indwelling of Your Spirit in people that have called upon Jesus to be their Savior and Lord; He who is the Prince of Peace and the giver of peace, John 14:27. Father, it seems some other presence may reside at this house as well. I pray that members of this family will receive Christ as Savior, and what ever is causing this lack of peace will vanish because of it. Amen.

Upvote 0

teresa

Site Supporter
Dec 15, 2015
united states
✟285,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
In the beginning of this thread, Lord, I don't see any mention of You at all. You seem to be what is missing from this house, the indwelling of Your Spirit in people that have called upon Jesus to be their Savior and Lord; He who is the Prince of Peace and the giver of peace, John 14:27. Father, it seems some other presence may reside at this house as well. I pray that members of this family will receive Christ as Savior, and what ever is causing this lack of peace will vanish because of it. Amen.

AMEN! Come Lord Jesus Come!

Reactions: saved24
Upvote 0
Dec 29, 2017
Ohio
✟9,084.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
My mother and son live Christian lives and attend a non-denominational church. My daughter, husband, and I were raised Christian but lost our ways. I think my husband might still be pagan. We hadn’t discussed beliefs in a long time other than my religious studies on multiple Abrahamic faiths in a few college courses. My SIL lost his faith with the death of his mother years ago.

After attending the Catholic Mass celebrating The Virgin Mary this morning, I can easily see me returning to the church.

I was baptized and raised Methodist, baptized again at 12 non-denominational by choice, but I think the Catholic Church might be better for me since it respects and praises Mary, mother of God, more than other denominations I’ve witnessed or studied over the years.

The priest gave me Holy Water without question. I was too humbled and moved by the Mass to explain why anyway. I had been in tears most of the service. I felt safe, loved, and blessed even though I was physically alone. It’s been decades since I felt like that.

The presence is annoyed and manifested in annoyance through my mother when I bothered her for a ride back to the house. I haven’t had the opportunity to face it yet today myself but it will probably reveal itself again after my prayers tonight.
Thank you all for your prayers and advice. I truly appreciate it.

Upvote 0

CtC

Worship is a Lifestyle
Site Supporter
Oct 25, 2004
Ohio
Visit site
✟195,674.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Father, God, King of Kings, I praise and worship You for who You are! You are awesome and no one compares to You. Thank You for sending Jesus to teach, heal, guide, and ultimately, redeem us through His death as payment for our sins. Lord, I ask that You draw us all, especially mythicangel and her family, unto You. Change us, Lord. Let our lives be about serving You, not about You serving us. I ask that you teach us and help us to submit to You, for us to resist the devil, and for us to know that the devil must flee (James 4). I pray that You make their house a safe, holy place, where no negative spirit may dwell. Bless this family with a true understanding of You and Your plan for each of their lives so their focus can turn away from selfishness, sin, condemnation, and negativity, and be solely on You. Let their hearts be filled with peace, grace, mercy, and forgiveness. In Your Holy Name. Amen.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums