Seattle
✟18,347.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Hello all. I find myself in a hard place that tears my heart in two directions. I am a newly married man but lately have been heart broken and missing my ex-girlfriend from college greatly. I am thankful that the Lord brought me a wife however, I miss everything about my former girlfriend. I miss her smile, her laugh, her jokes, her heart. My marriage thus far has been quite tumultuous which could be an issue. Please pray that God would lead me forward in His grace, remove this covetousness from my past life, and delight me in Him and in my wife. Thank you all!

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟795,766.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Encourage you to immediately repent for holding this past girlfriend in that special place that should be reserved for your wife. Asks the Lord to remove all feelings for her and to replace them with love for your wife as Christ loves the church. (Eph 5).

Encourage you to watch "Marriage Today" Those televised programs are on Daystar.

Plus their website marriagetoday.com/category/tv-episodes/ has probably 60 free episodes including "What a man really needs" and 'What a woman really needs" by Jimmy Evan's ministries. All teachings are Biblically based. Plus there's books, videos, etc. He was interviewed on Joni Table Table for 4 sessions about his book "The Four Laws of Love." Think those can still be viewed.

There's hundreds on youtube.

Last edited:
Reactions: LoricaLady
Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
One of the Greatest Places on Earth.
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The best is to go to Jesus at those times that you think about your ex and confess and repent of those times as they happen. Honestly deny yourself the right to miss your ex, let Jesus replace those times with love towards your wife instead, and you will be healed from this affliction in no time.

Peace.

Upvote 0

Pavel Mosko

Arch-Dude of the Apostolic
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2016
Boyertown, PA.
✟768,575.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
This is kind of a tough one. I know everyone that passes by will say a prayer for you. But the OP is something that usually isn't something you can just pray away.

Well my interpretation of the OP, is that you were probably in love with your girl friend but for whatever reason didn't marry her or continue the relationship, but ended up marrying your wife on the rebound. That kind of thing is tough to get over because God doesn't usually just magically erase feelings, but with discipline your feelings can change with time. I assume that you have some basic attraction and affection for your wife. You need to do your best to put the former relationship behind you and focus on the one you got. This will probably take some doing, and you likely will want to seek out some kind of help on that.

Upvote 0

Unofficial Reverand Alex

Pray in silence...God speaks softly
Site Supporter
Dec 22, 2017
The Mystical Lands of Rural Indiana
Visit site
✟526,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Gotta admit, I ain't got a clue what to do. Turning this one over to God was the right move.

May the Lord bless you, your wife, your ex, and all those who may be able to help, including all those who see this kind post. Lord, have mercy!:prayer:

Upvote 0

Stephanie7

Senior Veteran
Jun 6, 2004
✟111,104.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Heavenly Father, I hold this prayer request up to You and ask You to bring an answer to this one in the way You know is best for him and his present wife. Strengthen him and deliver him from the temptation of doting on his former girlfriend? Help him to look to You for the answers he is seeking, In Jesus Name, Amen

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟947,248.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
I'm sorry you're struggling and plagued with thoughts of your previous partner. You've mentioned marital challenges. Were you experiencing the same yearnings when things were better with your wife? Perhaps this is situational and not indicative of a change of heart.

Yours in His Service,

~Bella

Upvote 0

nancydrums93

Oct 23, 2020
Minnesota Nice
✟17,162.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Sometimes in relationships when things don't go well we tend to think about past relationships and what "could've been" or what "should've been".
It can defenitly lead to comparing and thats where doubt really sets into our minds about our current partners.
Trust in Jesus to help you see the good in your marriage, maybe even learning to love your wife all over again. Nothing is impossible for God, he can help you look forward to a strong future with your wife and let go of the past. Remember all things work together for the good of those who love Him.

I will keep your marriage in my prayers.

• Agree
Reactions: bèlla
Upvote 0