Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
A part of me feels silly to ask for prayer for my dog. But I know a lot of us here have pets that we care and love. My dog has been off-and-on having intestinal issues the past few days, vet doesn't think it's anything too serious. But it's been killing me watch her be stressed out, shaking, panting, hiding in the bathroom because she doesn't want to have accidents in the house. She's an older dog (over 9 years old).

So prayer for her, please. I don't have have a lot of family left, and very few friends these days in middle age, and my dog is one of the only things I feel like I have in this world. So, I've been a nervous wreck trying to hold myself together emotionally. She is probably okay, but I know I could use some prayer too.

Lord Jesus, You are gracious and kind. Thank You for all Your precious gifts, and for being a fountain of unending hope.

PsaltiChrysostom

Mar 20, 2018
Virginia
✟69,766.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Via, this is a prayer dedicated to St. Modestos, a 7th century patriarch of Jerusalem who is the EO patron saints of animals:

Lord our God, who created light, make me worthy to attain your kingdom, for my soul desires you, Master, and only you. Do not forsake those who call on you, but in your loving kindness fill them with your goods, and grant them your rich mercy. Hear now my prayer and bless these animals, keeping them safe from harm.

Yes, Lord, look down from Your holy dwelling place and bless these animals, as you blessed the flocks of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. Remove and repel from them every injury and illness. Grant them health and strength, render them robust and successful in the various services they render so that their owners, having received so many blessings from their animals, may also go out and be a blessing to others and glorify You always, through the prayers of St. Modestos and all the saints. Amen.

Prayer of St. Mamas
O Lord our God, Who made the heaven and the earth, and Whose Word grants all things towards salvation to our people, do not neglect this my prayer, from Your humble and lowest servant; but hearken to me, O Lord Who loves mankind, and this my prayer when read, whether at a flock, or oxen, or mules. Do not let sickness or other temptation come close to these animals, that being always guarded by You, we might offer up glory and worship to the Father and to the Son and to the Holy Spirit, now and ever and unto the ages of ages. Amen.

In the name of the Physician of Souls, bless your servant ViaCrucis and his dog that they may enjoy a long life together.

"A dog is better than I am, for he has love and does not judge." + St. Xanthias, The Sayings of the Desert Fathers.

• Agree
Reactions: ViaCrucis
Upvote 0

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟310,339.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
A part of me feels silly to ask for prayer for my dog. But I know a lot of us here have pets that we care and love. My dog has been off-and-on having intestinal issues the past few days, vet doesn't think it's anything too serious. But it's been killing me watch her be stressed out, shaking, panting, hiding in the bathroom because she doesn't want to have accidents in the house. She's an older dog (over 9 years old).

So prayer for her, please. I don't have have a lot of family left, and very few friends these days in middle age, and my dog is one of the only things I feel like I have in this world. So, I've been a nervous wreck trying to hold myself together emotionally. She is probably okay, but I know I could use some prayer too.

Lord Jesus, You are gracious and kind. Thank You for all Your precious gifts, and for being a fountain of unending hope.
Father be with VC as he navigates these trying times with his dog that means so much like family. Grant that he displays confidence in her health so that she is not picking up signals from her pet parent that the vet has found undetectable. Give peace to both their hearts Lord. In Jesus' name I pray.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,647,813.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Prayers for both of you. May God grant you both comfort, peace, and health.

Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Get my point, Shelob??
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,129,883.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

It's not silly, ViaCrucis. Pets are often an important part of our social lives and it's not easy to see them experience difficulties. The Lord bless you both as you care for her!

• Agree
Reactions: David's Harp
Upvote 0

David's Harp

Dec 7, 2021
Scotland
✟46,282.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I understand this, owning 3 dogs (one with special needs) and being an animal lover myself.
Lord, I ask that You will be with ViaCrucis at this time bestowing Your comfort upon him. If You will, may his beloved pet be brought healing and peace also. In the name of Jesus we pray. Amen.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums