Houston
✟26,450.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
My first therapy session at this new more intensive facility specializes in my disorder, it will begin at 2pm today (about an hour and a half from now). I pray that God guide them and me. Please continue praying for me. This battle is still being fought. Gosh i dunno how i got where i am. I have never been this low and felt the shame i feel. I suffer from a very bad OCD (not the turn off the light off and on type). Please pray that i stop feeling the shame and guilt that i am currently feeling, it is hard to bear. Please God let me feel the spirit of the prayers of those on here, and let me feel like you are with me. Let my mind and body be open to you and believing that in spite of how hopeless the situation may seem, that you are still with me and so are the ones on here. Praying for me. God let me break these chains God. And if there is anything about me internally that is not right in your eyes cast it out. Let me go away from it and never return. Let me be the good boy i have always been and even better. God you need to keep me. How else will you use me in the future. How else will you save my soul. Please stay with me oh God how I need you.

Upvote 0

Korean-American Christian

raised Presbyterian. member of the Nazarene Church
Feb 21, 2017
USA
✟17,856.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Green
I pray that God guide them and me. Please continue praying for me. Please pray that i stop feeling the shame and guilt that i am currently feeling, it is hard to bear. Let my mind and body be open to you. God let me break these chains God. And if there is anything about me internally that is not right in your eyes cast it out. God you need to keep me. How else will you use me in the future. Please stay with me oh God how I need you.

MCA, we are continuing to pray for you.

Father God, I pray that MCA will stop feeling the shame and guilt that he is currently feeling. Father God, please allow his mind and body to be open to You. Father, break this brother's chains. Father God, please be with MCA always. Please stay with MCA forever, Father God. Father God, You know that MCA needs You so much. Please fill MCA with Your peace. These things I ask in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, Amen.
Jesus.jpg

• Prayers
Reactions: Gabriel Anton
Upvote 0

MCA

Heartfelt Stranger
Apr 10, 2013
Houston
✟26,450.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Please continue praying for me Christian forum members. I was doing better up until yesterday evening and had a really bad episode. I feel like God is listening to yours/my prayers because i was on a roll, having decent days but then i got a hard hit. Please ask God to take charge of my thoughts and to keep me and guide me and reveal himself to me. Please ask for God to give me hope, and to love me and take care of me. It is so hard.I have been reading and working on an OCD workbook as suggested from my therapist. I still have to sleep next to mother and dont have much interest in the things i used to enjoy. As bad as the depression is, the fear and OCD is worse. As i was with my mom last night and she was crying over me and had her hands on me, in agony i asked her what have i ever done to go through this. Ive always been tormented by something in my life, and this situation is the worse. Please God get me out of this. With all my might i pray to get me out of this. Give me the strength to endure it, but please save me in the end.

Upvote 0

Korean-American Christian

raised Presbyterian. member of the Nazarene Church
Feb 21, 2017
USA
✟17,856.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Green
Please continue praying for me Christian forum members. I was doing better up until yesterday evening and had a really bad episode. I feel like God is listening to yours/my prayers because i was on a roll, having decent days but then i got a hard hit. Please ask God to take charge of my thoughts and to keep me and guide me and reveal himself to me. Please ask for God to give me hope, and to love me and take care of me. It is so hard.I have been reading and working on an OCD workbook as suggested from my therapist. I still have to sleep next to mother and dont have much interest in the things i used to enjoy. As bad as the depression is, the fear and OCD is worse. As i was with my mom last night and she was crying over me and had her hands on me, in agony i asked her what have i ever done to go through this. Ive always been tormented by something in my life, and this situation is the worse. Please God get me out of this. With all my might i pray to get me out of this. Give me the strength to endure it, but please save me in the end.

Father God, I pray for my brother MCA. Please take charge of MCA's thoughts and please MCA. Father God, please reveal Yourself to MCA. Father God, please give hope to MCA, please love him and take care of him. In the name of Jesus Christ I pray, Amen.

0f28e36f4c5e7a505db2c4f5b65aaa0--Jesus BEST.jpg

Upvote 0

PropheticTimes

Lord Have Mercy
Supporter
Dec 17, 2015
Ohio
✟204,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Father God, I pray for my brother MCA. Please take charge of MCA's thoughts and please MCA. Father God, please reveal Yourself to MCA. Father God, please give hope to MCA, please love him and take care of him. In the name of Jesus Christ I pray, Amen.

View attachment 203617

Agreeing in prayer. You'll get through this. Try to occupy your mind with good things. I am pleading your case before the cross several times a day. Stay strong and God bless your mom for standing by you.

Upvote 0

MCA

Heartfelt Stranger
Apr 10, 2013
Houston
✟26,450.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Is MCA okay? I'm praying for him...

-Sarah
Hi there. I am hanging in there. I am doing a lot better than before. I have sense been medicated and seeing a therapist once a week. Some days are okay and some days bad. But now my bad days are still better than the bad days I used to have. I still have lots of confusion and depression etc. I appreciate everyone’s prayers. I pray everyday too. In the shower I say Psalm 23 a couple times and pray in my car before work.

Upvote 0

forlovingHim

Oct 24, 2017
Muncie
✟18,888.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Celibate
Hi there. I am hanging in there. I am doing a lot better than before. I have sense been medicated and seeing a therapist once a week. Some days are okay and some days bad. But now my bad days are still better than the bad days I used to have. I still have lots of confusion and depression etc. I appreciate everyone’s prayers. I pray everyday too. In the shower I say Psalm 23 a couple times and pray in my car before work.

I'm so glad you're doing better. I hear you about the hard days. Keep on hanging in there, I know I am continuing to pray for you! <3

Upvote 0

MCA

Heartfelt Stranger
Apr 10, 2013
Houston
✟26,450.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I'm so glad you're doing better. I hear you about the hard days. Keep on hanging in there, I know I am continuing to pray for you! <3
Thank you for praying for me. When people say that I go through the day feeling like I’m gonna be okay. And yes I will be strong

• Winner
Reactions: forlovingHim
Upvote 0

forlovingHim

Oct 24, 2017
Muncie
✟18,888.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Celibate
Thank you for praying for me. When people say that I go through the day feeling like I’m gonna be okay. And yes I will be strong

You are amazing! I know that G-D is with you. He has used you to touch my life in a huge way! It is such a privilege to pray for those who seek the Lord earnestly. You know, so many people who are not as strong as you and not being chosen specifically by G-D for great things, would have given up as soon as things got hard. Instead, you have persisted and I know that G-D is going to reward you in huge ways for that! Sometimes it's something simple, like bringing someone into your life that you can have a good conversation with, or blessing us with the company of a sweet animal who loves us. Those 'little things' mean so much, right?

Yes, MCA, I continue to pray for you and I know that you've got this. Because the Lord has said that He is near to the broken-hearted and those who who mourn, and when Peter didn't have full faith but became afraid because of the winds around him so that he sank beneath the water and he had to cry out, "Lord, save me!" Jesus wasn't angry with him. It was with affection that He said, "Oh, you of little faith." He loves us!! He loves you. We ALL have 'little faith' compared to the faith that He would like us to have. Just the fact that you are seeking Him and don't give up when it's hard proves that He is doing a mighty work in your life! It encourages ME to come on here and see your response. I can feel so well then how all of the Church, every part of its Body, supports every other part of the Body, which is the Bride of Christ/Messiah.

You are an encouragement in my life and I believe strongly that the Lord is going to do amazing things in your life, and I would encourage you today to believe that and start speaking those good things out loud in the Name of Jesus. "Lord Jesus, I know that you are with me and that you are going to give me the faith in You and peace from You that I need very soon, and that you have started a good work in me that You are going to complete. In Your Name, Lord Jesus, it is done already!" I prayed that prayer for you and if you'll pray that out loud I think you'll find that it brings you some joy and some comfort.

G-D bless you, MCA! You are the reason that G-D formed the Heavens and the Earth--you, and people like you and me. He loves us so much, and He's going to show you and all of us (everyone reading this with the willingness to be open to Him, and even some who think they're not! ;) ) in more radical ways very soon!! :)

Shalom,

-Sarah

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

MCA

Heartfelt Stranger
Apr 10, 2013
Houston
✟26,450.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
You are amazing! I know that G-D is with you. He has used you to touch my life in a huge way! It is such a privilege to pray for those who seek the Lord earnestly. You know, so many people who are not as strong as you and not being chosen specifically by G-D for great things, would have given up as soon as things got hard. Instead, you have persisted and I know that G-D is going to reward you in huge ways for that! Sometimes it's something simple, like bringing someone into your life that you can have a good conversation with, or blessing us with the company of a sweet animal who loves us. Those 'little things' mean so much, right?

Yes, MCA, I continue to pray for you and I know that you've got this. Because the Lord has said that He is near to the broken-hearted and those who who mourn, and when Peter didn't have full faith but became afraid because of the winds around him so that he sank beneath the water and he had to cry out, "Lord, save me!" Jesus wasn't angry with him. It was with affection that He said, "Oh, you of little faith." He loves us!! He loves you. We ALL have 'little faith' compared to the faith that He would like us to have. Just the fact that you are seeking Him and don't give up when it's hard proves that He is doing a mighty work in your life! It encourages ME to come on here and see your response. I can feel so well then how all of the Church, every part of its Body, supports every other part of the Body, which is the Bride of Christ/Messiah.

You are an encouragement in my life and I believe strongly that the Lord is going to do amazing things in your life, and I would encourage you today to believe that and start speaking those good things out loud in the Name of Jesus. "Lord Jesus, I know that you are with me and that you are going to give me the faith in You and peace from You that I need very soon, and that you have started a good work in me that You are going to complete. In Your Name, Lord Jesus, it is done already!" I prayed that prayer for you and if you'll pray that out loud I think you'll find that it brings you some joy and some comfort.

G-D bless you, MCA! You are the reason that G-D formed the Heavens and the Earth--you, and people like you and me. He loves us so much, and He's going to show you and all of us (everyone reading this with the willingness to be open to Him, and even some who think they're not! ;) ) in more radical ways very soon!! :)

Shalom,

-Sarah

Thank you Sarah. I read your response the moment you wrote it. Dont want you to think I am barely reading this. I am doing much better as the days go by. I have my up days and some down days, mostly up thankfully. The medication is working well and the therapy seems to be working too. If at the least I have someone to talk to and be accountable to. I was reading just now a thread per a google search where a person was asking for medication advice and the person giving him/her advice at the very end said that they would pray for that person. So it reminded me of this website and this thread. I feel led when i read/see things like that so i was led to revisit this thread of mine. I appreciate your very kind words and i have read it more than once. And i have repeated your prayer for me more than once and i will say it again before i leave the office. The medication dies down a bit and in fact puts me into a rut in the afternoons which makes me feel some of my old despair. I am using this time to remember that i still need God in my life. I have been communicating with a member from here who gave me her number and she has helped me in this battle tremendously. Although we dont talk as much anymore due to my much improvement, i appreciate her very much. Thank you for your prayers.

Upvote 0

Dan Brooks

Dec 3, 2017
Revloc PA
✟13,785.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
i am going to buy some multivitamins maybe that will help, and i will keep reaching out i just dont want to feel like i am alone, thats what i told the counselor today,i said my worst fear is to feel like i cant talk to someone, then i will truly be alone. I am doing all i can and i am open to ideas that i am hearing, I am going to keep praying too, even if its hard to believe

thank you for the prayers, sincerely
You are not alone :)
Deuteronomy 31:8
8 And the Lord, he it is that doth go before thee; he will be with thee, he will not fail thee, neither forsake thee: fear not, neither be dismayed.

Sometimes it is hard to believe. But God is completely trustworthy, and worthy of our faith and belief in, and trust in Him :)
Mark 9:24
And straightway the father of the child cried out, and said with tears, Lord, I believe; help thou mine unbelief.
John 6:68
Then Simon Peter answered him, Lord, to whom shall we go? thou hast the words of eternal life.
( I think that's the one you were referring to?)
I pray the Lord Jesus would bring you out of your depression and comfort your heart and overwhelm you with His love, and assure you of His presence, that you are not alone. I pray that God will give you the gift of faith, that you will believe on the Lord Jesus.
Matthew 11:28-29
28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.

Upvote 0

pinbackbsc04

Jan 14, 2018
Birmingham, AL
✟8,953.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You absolutely have my prayers. The fact that you're brave enough to see that there are issues going on in your life that require help from above is the best thing possible right now. God hears every sigh, sees every tear, and knows every ache in your soul. He is the Great Physician, and the only One who can heal and save us from ourselves. I'm so sorry you've been battling depression, but I will say this: I work on a litigation against an antipsychotic sometimes used to treat depression, and some of the side effects it's caused are debilitating and have substantially diminished our clients' quality of life. It's probably for the best you choose not to self-medicate, as it can only treat the superficial issues and will never cure the underlying cause of your depression. I pray that the Lord will heal you and reveal Himself to you in a magnificent way this coming year. Keep praying and seeking Him fervently; He's never too far away. :) God bless, hun.

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟827,033.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Please pray for my intense depression that i have been suffering with. It can be excruciating at times and i should probably be medicated but i turned it down as i dont like the side effects. I also still ache from my unbelief. As i write this prayer request it obviously contradicts my unbelief. Aka, praying to a God i dont believe in. Who else do i have to go to, excerpt from John from Peter. I am just hurting. I want to be happy again. I feel hopelessness. My mother aches for me and i try my best to keep a front in front of her but sometimes i break down and come to her and it hurts her so bad. If i ever had a kid, i would never in my wildest dreams want the poor soul to be battling 2 evils like i am now. Even if no ones prays for me i will try to believe someone is, so that i can feel like something has my back. Thanks for reading.
I say to your brain that every chemical imbalance that is causing this depression disappear and that all the chemicals in your brain will function normally. Jesus heals you.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

MCA

Heartfelt Stranger
Apr 10, 2013
Houston
✟26,450.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
You absolutely have my prayers. The fact that you're brave enough to see that there are issues going on in your life that require help from above is the best thing possible right now. God hears every sigh, sees every tear, and knows every ache in your soul. He is the Great Physician, and the only One who can heal and save us from ourselves. I'm so sorry you've been battling depression, but I will say this: I work on a litigation against an antipsychotic sometimes used to treat depression, and some of the side effects it's caused are debilitating and have substantially diminished our clients' quality of life. It's probably for the best you choose not to self-medicate, as it can only treat the superficial issues and will never cure the underlying cause of your depression. I pray that the Lord will heal you and reveal Himself to you in a magnificent way this coming year. Keep praying and seeking Him fervently; He's never too far away. :) God bless, hun.

I appreciate your mindfulness and prayers. I am doing alot better. I still have the feeling of horrible despair here and there but with medication and therapy and i am doing better, I am still scared of falling into this rut again so i take it day by day. I am currently taking 100mg zoloft and 800 ui of vitamin D and have cut out coffee for good. I exercise 5 days a week. I am doing all i can to stay well.

I say to your brain that every chemical imbalance that is causing this depression disappear and that all the chemicals in your brain will function normally. Jesus heals you.

Thank you dearly. I am doing better and this past week has been the best ive had in the last 6 months. Yours or somebodies prayers or all of our prayers are being heard. I have OCD is what my diagnosis is on top of the depression. It looks my "unbelief" was most likely an attribute of my OCD - searching over and over and over again for evidences for God until i could find something legitimate, only to hold me off until my next spell of unbelief.

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟827,033.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
I appreciate your mindfulness and prayers. I am doing alot better. I still have the feeling of horrible despair here and there but with medication and therapy and i am doing better, I am still scared of falling into this rut again so i take it day by day. I am currently taking 100mg zoloft and 800 ui of vitamin D and have cut out coffee for good. I exercise 5 days a week. I am doing all i can to stay well.

Thank you dearly. I am doing better and this past week has been the best ive had in the last 6 months. Yours or somebodies prayers or all of our prayers are being heard. I have OCD is what my diagnosis is on top of the depression. It looks my "unbelief" was most likely an attribute of my OCD - searching over and over and over again for evidences for God until i could find something legitimate, only to hold me off until my next spell of unbelief.

If you have sought medical help for your depression, and received a diagnosis, and have been put on anti-depressants and they are helping, then the cause is medical rather than spiritual. Medical (or clinical) depression can result from prolonged stress, traumatic event, extreme disappointment or disillusionment, physical or spiritual abuse, bullying, or anything that has caused prolonged distress and put you in a position where you cannot see any hope of escape from your situation. This can cause a chemical imbalance in your brain, resulting in depression. There is nothing wrong with going to the doctor or a psychiatrist for treatment. Cognitive Therapy is also helpful to help you develop skills to use thinking methods to adjust your thinking about yourself to advance toward a healthy mental attitude.

If these things don't help at all, then it may be something spiritual, where Neil Anderson's book "Finding Hope Again", which deals with depression from a Christian counsellor's perspective, may help you decide whether it is more appropriate for you to get spiritual help.

The one thing I want to warn you against is to listen to some well-meaning but unqualified zealot telling you that you have a demon, and then try and cast a demon out of you. That, in my opinion, would do more harm than good. Reject anything like that out of hand without hesitation. Say, "Thanks, but no thanks".

It is better to find a Christian doctor who knows about the medical and spiritual side of depression. There you will get a better diagnosis and more effective treatment.

Upvote 0

ldonjohn

Sep 20, 2013
✟81,177.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
MCA, many years ago I went through depression & anxiety attacks, went to my doctor with chest pains thinking I was having a heart attack. Took valium, but no help.
My problem was that I wanted to believe in a God who I wasn't sure existed. I went to church, read bible tracts, read books written by well known Christian authors, listened to radio/tv preachers, etc. but could not find anything that convinced me that the God I was begging for forgiveness was really there to hear me. I was lost, fearful, and miserable.
One night, out of a sense of desperation, I gave up on trying to make myself believe in God and said a simple prayer to a God whom I wasn't sure existed. I said "God will you show me how to believe in you & in Jesus?"
I slept well that night; better than I had slept in a long time. The next day I did something I had never done at home; I found the family bible, opened it to the Gospel of John and started reading. As I read there I did not know what I would find but I was willing to accept it if it convinced me that It was true.
There is much more to this story, but I will leave much of out so to shorten this post. Anyway, as I read the Gospel of John God's Spirit opened my spiritually blind eyes so I could see the truth found there. By the time I had read through John 6:37 the Holy Spirit convinced me that God is real, the bible is true, and that I could absolutely trust Jesus to hear my prayer for forgiveness. My life changed that day, and I found a peace that is impossible to explain to anyone who has never found that peace for himself/herself. The fear was gone and was replaced by an overwhelming sense of relief as my confidence shifted from myself to a complete reliance of Jesus' finished work on the cross.
That was over 40 years ago and today I still have that peace I found that day because the peace I found is not dependent upon that I had done or could do, but was totally dependent on the Gospel message.
No more depression, no more anxiety, no more chest pains. Thank you Jesus!

John

Upvote 0