✟8,618.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hello fellow Christians,
I am requesting prayer for My aging father and also for myself and my 2 brothers as we try to deal with this. My mother passed away 4 years ago leaving my dad on his own. He is 81. I llive about 3 hours away, but my brother lives across town from him and keeps an eye out for him. I also see him frequently. It has come to our attention that he has withdrawn the last of the retirement funds that Mom left and can't remember where it all went. He has become very forgetful over the past years. We are at the point where we believe his finances should be handled by my brother, but we are having a hard time convincing him. We are also increasingly concerned for his driving. Everything seemed easy when Mom was here to keep it all running smooth. Now we are 3 50 something year old brothers having to figure out what to do. Thankfully we are all Christians with helpful Christian wives. Please pray for guidance, wisdom, and patience as we try to find the best solution to help our father in his older years.
Thanks,
Lee

jessicamoore

People Helper
Jan 6, 2013
Surprise, AZ, USA
✟15,351.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hello fellow Christians,
I am requesting prayer for My aging father and also for myself and my 2 brothers as we try to deal with this. My mother passed away 4 years ago leaving my dad on his own. He is 81. I llive about 3 hours away, but my brother lives across town from him and keeps an eye out for him. I also see him frequently. It has come to our attention that he has withdrawn the last of the retirement funds that Mom left and can't remember where it all went. He has become very forgetful over the past years. We are at the point where we believe his finances should be handled by my brother, but we are having a hard time convincing him. We are also increasingly concerned for his driving. Everything seemed easy when Mom was here to keep it all running smooth. Now we are 3 50 something year old brothers having to figure out what to do. Thankfully we are all Christians with helpful Christian wives. Please pray for guidance, wisdom, and patience as we try to find the best solution to help our father in his older years.
Thanks,

Lee

LORD, I pray for this family who are caring for their aging father. Give them insight into their father's needs for care and assistance. In Jesus' name. Amen.

If you are going to be forced to contribute for his livelyhood, you can share the deduction even if he does not live with you if you meet the requirements. Also, you may want to consult a CPA that specializes in eldercare issues. They can help you to keep his financial house in order or lead you to resources to help you to help him in the best way possible.

Upvote 0

Airdude

May 31, 2005
Tacoma
✟8,618.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
LORD, I pray for this family who are caring for their aging father. Give them insight into their father's needs for care and assistance. In Jesus' name. Amen.

If you are going to be forced to contribute for his livelyhood, you can share the deduction even if he does not live with you if you meet the requirements. Also, you may want to consult a CPA that specializes in eldercare issues. They can help you to keep his financial house in order or lead you to resources to help you to help him in the best way possible.

This is very good advice.
Thank you

Upvote 0

ThyLovingkindness

Senior Veteran
Feb 16, 2012
✟14,359.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hi, I and my siblings have been there too, my hope is that you'll be able to talk to your father about the best way to handle his finances and health in general. I'll pray that you and your family/extended family will successfully encourage him to make beneficial decisions, blessings!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.