Prayer for me to have a deep effective relationship with God

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟577,838.00
Faith
Christian
I don’t like to go by what others tell me I just do out of fear but I want to actually experience Christ for myself on a deeper level that I may begin to walk on the path that leads to kingdom on death to repent of all sins. I would like an experience to know what I preach is true so I don’t fear. It has been a long time since I felt Christ presence and felt He was hearing my prayers to show me where to serve and be used to serve Him and walking with Him. I have not read His word much as before for I have thought I would not hear from Him and would be discouraged from difficult words if He does not show how He wants me to apply them.

Last edited:

I's2C

Aug 28, 2021
North Platte
✟35,107.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I don’t like to go by what others tell me I just do out of fear but I want to actually experience Christ for myself on a deeper level that I may begin to walk on the path that leads to kingdom on death to repent of all sins. I would like an experience to know what I preach is true so I don’t fear. It has been a long time since I felt Christ presence and felt He was hearing my prayers to show me where to serve and be used to serve Him and walking with Him. I have not read His word much as before for I have thought I would not hear from Him and would be discouraged from difficult words if He does not show how He wants me to apply them.
It is not difficult, so don't make harder than it is to have a personal relationship with CHRIST-GOD in the flesh! Because of HIS defeating death that is to say the devil HE gives you complete authority of your life with HIM. At the moment of HIS death on the cross the 20 foot vail that separated people from entering the HOLY of HOLIES; It was ripped from top to bottom that through CHRIST our intercessor you do not need some man, preacher to be intercessor.
Before any communion with HIM I always make sure 1st thing I do is whole heartedly repent of any sins or trespassing and just talk to HIM as you would your earthly father. 1 thing many do is repent for same sin over and over when GOD doesn't ever want to hear about it again; it is blotted out, once you repent and sin is gone, forgive yourself and never think of it again with a new heart, don't ever bring up again if you do it's like crucifying CHRIST over, because it is like you don't think HE has the power to blot it out, so don't do that. Study HIS WORD every day for every day in the LORD is a good day! Study and get to know GOD, HE has emotions just as we do: I have found out HE has a humorous side, a jealous side, HE can be angry, HE can hate, but mostly HE loves each and everyone who loves HIM. HE is highly intelligent and knows what you need or ask for before you even know, somtimes I dont even know what to pray for but I know my spirit does and sometimes I just do what I call a silent prayer. I know HE is there with me. Just talk to HIM, HE hears and listens. Just tell HIM you love HIM and thank HIM at very least and for the moment we were born in a Nation blessed by GOD with freedom of religion. May GOD open doors that no man can shut!!

Last edited:
  • Useful
Reactions: mikeforjesus
Upvote 0

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,767.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
:) where do you think this desire to have a deeper relationship with the great I AM came from? So rejoice.. He heard you.. KNOW He will bring it to pass.. if we delight our selfs in the lord He will give us the desires of our heart. Commit our way to Him trust in Him (Faith) He will do it"

Upvote 0

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟577,838.00
Faith
Christian
Thankyou so much for your prayers and helpful replies though I believe it would be wrong to compromise doctrine because I feel sad that there are divisions and want to please man so until Christ proves I believe person must put trust in Christ alone as saviour in His finished work to be saved that works are not needed if not possible for person is not saved if he did a work but trust now but works are proof of accepting Christ as Lord and saviour that you only must seek to do what you can even if it is not possible but being saved now.

Last edited:
  • Friendly
Reactions: Leaf473
Upvote 0

Leaf473

Jul 17, 2020
Northeast
✟180,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thankyou so much for your prayers and helpful replies though I believe it would be wrong to compromise doctrine because I feel sad that there are divisions and want to please man so until Christ proves I believe person must put trust in Christ alone as saviour in His finished work to be saved that works are not needed if not possible for person is not saved if he did a work but trust now but works are proof of accepting Christ as Lord and saviour that you only must seek to do what you can even if it is not possible but being saved now.
And may the peace of the Lord be always with you :heart:

• Friendly
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟577,838.00
Faith
Christian
Ephesians 5:15
15 See then that you walk circumspectly, not as fools but as wise, 16 redeeming the time, because the days are evil.

I didn’t realise how much time I wasted by insisting on my own way drawn by world wisdom to seek it than trusting that God knows what is best for me to seek it and continuing in fellowship with Him in His word for I could have meditated on bible with many bible commentaries.

The Lord is my shepherd I shall not want psalm 23

"If the Lord is my shepherd, my feeder, I may conclude I shall not want any thing that is really necessary and good for me."
Matthew Henry commentary on psalm 23

"I shall be supplied with whatever I need; and, if I have not every thing I desire, I may conclude it is either not fit for me or not good for me or I shall have it in due time."

Psalm 131:1-3
1 LORD, my heart is not haughty,
Nor my eyes lofty.
Neither do I concern myself with great matters,
Nor with things too profound for me.
2 Surely I have calmed and quieted my soul,
Like a weaned child with his mother;
Like a weaned child is my soul within me.
3 O Israel, hope in the LORD
From this time forth and forever.

This psalm shows I ought not to care for riches of earth that what is most important is to serve the Lord though one can have goals it is not because one wants to lift himself but God. And not to seek to go after goals that are high which being just a selfish ambition is not as profitable.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟577,838.00
Faith
Christian
Prayers are working though I have not proven truth I believe christ wanted me to humble myself but would like further proof. Please continue praying.I did start the horners bible reading plan which has 10 chapters a day but first day I tried about 3 days ago I did the readings of each for 3 days so did 30 chapters. I felt afterwards my spirit strengthed and body lighter. I hope I can continue to not be distracted until I read all the bible many times to get better benefit and to focus properly to note important verses to memorise. Please continue praying. For bible says how can a young man cleanse his way ? By taking heed according to your word. With my whole heart I have sought You let me not stray from your commandments.

• Prayers
Reactions: Pop D.
Upvote 0

MauiMamma

*Pray without ceasing* ... 1 Thess. 5:16-18
Aug 8, 2006
Valencia, California
✟29,924.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Praying for you to have deeper relationship with God. In Jesus’ name, amen. :praying:

• Friendly
Upvote 0

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟577,838.00
Faith
Christian
I believe what may hinder me is my occupation with worries about people opinion of my life judging me not knowing God approval to hold issue with God thinking He is against me for not giving me what I want now which I should believe if it is His will He will give me in time to not enjoy company of the Lord that I may be absorbed in knowing Him and loving Him and praise Him in knowing His care for me and when I thought about that I believe the Spirit reminded me of this verse.

Psalm 50:23
Whoever offers praise glorifies Me;
And to him who orders his conduct aright
I will show the salvation of God.”

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums