Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
For some strange reason, God is requiring that I be absolutely perfect. Whenever I make a mistake, God allows horrible things to happen to me. Then God blames me for it and tells me it was my fault these horrible things happened to me, that he wouldn't intervene to prevent it from happening because he didn't like that I failed to live up to his unreasonable standards. I would like everyone to please pray and ask God to quit placing unreasonable standards on me that I cannot possibly live up to. Also pray that God will prevent these horrible things from happening to me despite my imperfections.

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟216,055.00
Faith
Non-Denom
For some strange reason, God is requiring that I be absolutely perfect. Whenever I make a mistake, God allows horrible things to happen to me. Then God blames me for it and tells me it was my fault these horrible things happened to me, that he wouldn't intervene to prevent it from happening because he didn't like that I failed to live up to his unreasonable standards. I would like everyone to please pray and ask God to quit placing unreasonable standards on me that I cannot possibly live up to. Also pray that God will prevent these horrible things from happening to me despite my imperfections.

To be perfect in context meant be spiritually mature. And if you're talking about the law in other words a standard where one doesn't fail the law was given merely to show you YOU need Christ. It was to demonstrate you are a sinner in need of a Savior.

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,600.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
You have a somewhat distorted view of God. Have you considered His mercy, grace and love? Not everything that happens is from God's hand. The devil is like a roaring lion. He is the enemy of our souls. God requires nothing at all from you. If you could be perfect, Jesus died for nothing. God expects you to sin and fail. He has made provision through the death of Jesus. All you need do is confess your sin. God forgives and then He forgets. Blaming God for your problems is futile and foolish.

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,402,603.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
It is NOT God that is torturing you. It is the other fellow. You should repent, ask God to forgive you and then receive that forgiveness by faith. Let Lord Jesus rule your life, receive His righteousness.

Upvote 0

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
God asked people to be sober. Those who could not comply were at risk of terrible accidents, disease and unemployment to name a few of the tragedies they might be heading for.

Upvote 0

tampasteve

Pray for peace in Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
May 15, 2017
Tampa
✟775,611.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
ADMIN HAT ON

This thread is in Prayer Wall, not Christian Advice. Please make and place prayers for the OP, not give advice. This forum is intended to give uplifting prayers and comfort to people requesting it.

ADMIN HAT OFF

Upvote 0

tampasteve

Pray for peace in Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
May 15, 2017
Tampa
✟775,611.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Lord God, give your son the blessing of your mercy, comfort in your care, and show your love. Bless him with understanding of your bountiful and endless love.

Upvote 0

Paul4JC

the Sun of Righteousness will rise with healing
Apr 5, 2020
California
✟163,819.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Lord we pray for Lord Vega that you'd help him through all this. That he'd come to know how much you love him and want to bless him. That he'd find answers in your word to all that is going on and not from other places. Bring him to a wider place of knowing you better. In Jesus name, Amen.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ZaneHe

Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
College Station
✟75,394.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Dear Heavenly Father, @Lord Vega is having some questions about You putting some unreason standards on him. I don't know what let him think about it. May You give him wisdom to resolve these doubts. Because You are holy, You want Your children to be holy too. You only discipline Your children. God, Please let @Lord Vega stand firm with You and grow strong out of these tests on earth. I pray in Jesus name, Amen!

Upvote 0

Stephanie7

Senior Veteran
Jun 6, 2004
✟111,104.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Heavenly Father, I pray that You will bring the salvation of Your Son Jesus who is lovable, kind, humble, a helper, and a healer and a forgiver of Sins, nor does He condemn but promises that if you repent He will wipe your sin off the face of the map. Show him what he believes is false, that You Father, because of Your love for us, sent Your Son to forgive us and bring Salvation, not cause harm, In Jesus Name, Amen

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟719,061.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Father this person is being accused and harassed by satan .... please cover him with your love and peace and drive the evil one far from him. Amen.

Upvote 0