Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
There is a bane in my life that has been a source of much misery and grief. God said he would get rid of it if I quit my sins. So far, I have quit misusing prescription pills, quit smoking, and quit drinking. Those were my main sins, and I commit them no more. However, God hasn't kept his word and gotten rid of the bane in my life. I would like every to please pray for me and ask God to keep his word and get rid of the bane who is ruining my life, since I've done what God has asked.

• Prayers
Reactions: April_Rose

Paul4JC

the Sun of Righteousness will rise with healing
Apr 5, 2020
California
✟164,354.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Lord we pray you take this bane out of Lord Vega's life. Thanks that he's been able to quit these other bad habits. Continue to help him. May he grow in the knowledge and grace of our Lord Jesus. In his name, Amen.
God said he would get rid of it if I quit my sins.
Where and how did he tell you he'd take your bane away? He didn't the Apostle Paul...2Co 12:7-9 NIV - or because of these surpassingly great revelations. Therefore, in order to keep me from becoming conceited, I was given a thorn in my flesh, a messenger of Satan, to torment me. Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me. But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.

Upvote 0

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,086,087.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
You said, "Those were my main sins." I have no way to know what you may have heard from the Lord, but do you see a difference between getting rid of sins and just getting rid of "main sins"?

He wants you to be free from all the snares and dangers of all sins.

I cannot pray for the Lord to keep His Word for then I would not be praying to Him at all. The Bible clearly tells us that He "is not a man that He should lie."

I pray for you to know Who He really is and that you let Him, the real Him, get you free from your "bane."

Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
God said he would get rid of it if I quit my sins
I am sorry but God does not make bargains or deals. What ever you thought was God's voice wasn't God.

That you have dealt with your abuse of your self is good and keep it going.

God deals with our sins through Jesus's death and resurrection. Any. ' bane' in your life is not dealt with by a reformation of behaviour,

Please read Romans 8:28, All things work together for the good of those who are called according to his purpose.
That all things, means literally anything no matter how horrible or wonderful.

Upvote 0

JIMINZ

Apr 13, 2017
Southern Ga.
✟157,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
There is a bane in my life that has been a source of much misery and grief. God said he would get rid of it if I quit my sins. So far, I have quit misusing prescription pills, quit smoking, and quit drinking. Those were my main sins, and I commit them no more. However, God hasn't kept his word and gotten rid of the bane in my life. I would like every to please pray for me and ask God to keep his word and get rid of the bane who is ruining my life, since I've done what God has asked.

Tit. 1:2
In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began;

Did you get that?

IF, God did promise as you say He did, then it will be done....Period

What is the Bane, (Temptation)?

I say this because the Bane could not be a sin in your life, otherwise you would have already taken care of it, like you did with all of the other sins, wouldn't you.

Upvote 0

Stephanie7

Senior Veteran
Jun 6, 2004
✟111,104.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Heavenly Father, thank You for always keeping Your Word to us. I ask that You grant this one patience to wait upon You as You transform him into Your liking. I ask that You strengthen him not to give up, as he waits upon You to take away his bane of suffering, thank You LORD for the answer to come, in Jesus Name, Amen

Upvote 0