✟18,028.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi, everyone.

I pray that what I'm doing is not selfish and in fact, possibly even irrelevant in the face of the international crisis that we should all be principally united in at this time, but my cause is very close to my heart and will remain so until I am no longer alive.

Care of the elderly is my passion and while I know that I'm already doing a lot for the ones that I currently live among, my big concern at this time is to be able to give financially so that, at least, the residents at this nursing home and *can continue to afford their rent.

I am heavily in debt and will remain so for the rest of my life (long story... bad choices... a degree of mental illness and unwarranted and uncalled-for acts of revenge); now I feel that I'm making up for my past irresponsibility with acts of servitude toward some of the most vulnerable members of society.

I am from South-Africa, a country ravaged for decades already by the Apartheid devil and economically in massive trouble since 1994. *You don't want ANYBODY here to have to go to a state hospital, particularly not a hapless elderly person.

Due also to my tendency toward massive angst and the lockdown that we are in for the next 19 days, to do something physically productive remains a challenge. So this morning I submitted my information/intent to a local charity website and as soon as my identity has been confirmed and my references have vouched for my credibility, the fundraiser can go live. Right now I pray that that much will happen; then the least I can start doing is to distribute donations to cooperative parties through online banking, through purchasing cellphone time for people desperate to stay in contact with loved ones, providing essential staff with funds to continue to leave the premises to purchase food and medical supplies, etc. None of the elderly here are able to ever leave, regardless of the lockdown, being too old anymore to drive or walk long distances or being mostly bed-ridden, and in normal circumstances, anyway, friends and relatives need to work and tend to other obligations

Quite honestly, I'd rather give up my own life than continuing to see an unfortunate old person suffer in silence.

I am confident that if I can only get published, every drop in the bucket will contribute toward my goal.

I don't want to break any forum rules, but if you'd like to correspond with me privately about what I'm doing/would like to learn more, I can give you the full detail in such a manner.

With appreciation & love from South-Africa... Blessings.

mnorian

Oldbie--Eternal Optimist
In Memory Of
Mar 9, 2013
✟980,332.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Mod hat on
291408_e6cf608610e995bd8499eea7250caff4.jpeg

this thread has been permanently closed for violating the CF site rule:
Repetitive posting of similar or identical posts or threads is not allowed. Do not advertise commercial products or services. This prohibition includes begging or soliciting donations or financial support (charitable or otherwise) anywhere on the site.

Hat off.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.