Texas
✟33,392.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
I've recently backslid into an old habit of lust and think it was due to a lack of faith. I've been researching about different practices and the stress got to me: causing me to question my original faith. So I hope someone will pray for me to have strength in my faith: that I'll be delivered from my deceptions and to not be bogged down in doctrines that are misleading.

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I've recently backslid into an old habit of lust and think it was due to a lack of faith
It is never a lack of faith, just more of a desire to sin.

As Jesus said if your eye causes you to sin, gouge it out.
So remove as far as you can the images that cause you to think lustfull thoughts.
Set your antivirus to reject anything that a 12 year old girl would be shocked by.

Are you a regular bible reader, are you regular in attending church and that does mean every Sunday.

If the answer is no turn it into a yes.

Upvote 0

drjean

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 16, 2011
✟313,070.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
One can be easily deceived when not immersed in God's Word. The Holy Spirit uses His Word (the Sword in battle) to discern for us. If we are ignorant, the devil preys upon that.

Father in heaven give us more grace, more wisdom, more understanding that we do have time to study and learn of You. May we begin each day with Your Words for us before we pick up our notebooks, tablets, smart phones for FB, twitter, and messaging!

Upvote 0
Feb 17, 2018
Texas
✟33,392.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
It is never a lack of faith, just more of a desire to sin.

As Jesus said if your eye causes you to sin, gouge it out.
So remove as far as you can the images that cause you to think lustfull thoughts.
Set your antivirus to reject anything that a 12 year old girl would be shocked by.

Are you a regular bible reader, are you regular in attending church and that does mean every Sunday.

If the answer is no turn it into a yes.

I've been looking into getting one that doesn't block everything I look into. Cause the last one I used blocked "Your brain on inappropriate content. com"

I do try to read the bible every day. I've also tried fasting for the last couple of days to fortify my faith.

I haven't actually. Mainly due to me trying to find what the true Sabbath day is. Some people say it's Saturday, but others say it's Thrusday. Maybe I'm just overthinking it.

Upvote 0
Feb 17, 2018
Texas
✟33,392.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
One can be easily deceived when not immersed in God's Word. The Holy Spirit uses His Word (the Sword in battle) to discern for us. If we are ignorant, the devil preys upon that.

Father in heaven give us more grace, more wisdom, more understanding that we do have time to study and learn of You. May we begin each day with Your Words for us before we pick up our notebooks, tablets, smart phones for FB, twitter, and messaging!

True. I've been doing my best to turn from the carnal world each day. I don't use most of my social media accounts and the few people I do speak to I'm attempting to give them a better understanding of the heavenly father, or already have one.

Upvote 0

mukk_in

Yankees Fan
Site Supporter
Oct 13, 2009
Vellore, India
✟664,706.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
I've recently backslid into an old habit of lust and think it was due to a lack of faith. I've been researching about different practices and the stress got to me: causing me to question my original faith. So I hope someone will pray for me to have strength in my faith: that I'll be delivered from my deceptions and to not be bogged down in doctrines that are misleading.
Praying for you son. You are strong in the Lord. Just remember this scripture: "My grace is sufficient for you." His power is perfected in our weakness. God bless and keep us posted :).

Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I've been looking into getting one that doesn't block everything I look into. Cause the last one I used blocked "Your brain on inappropriate content. com"

I do try to read the bible every day. I've also tried fasting for the last couple of days to fortify my faith.

I haven't actually. Mainly due to me trying to find what the true Sabbath day is. Some people say it's Saturday, but others say it's Thrusday. Maybe I'm just overthinking it.

Yes you are overthinking it.

Put up with being unable to view 99% of what you used to untill you can control your sexual desires.

re Church find one that actualy preaches its way through the bible and go every Sunday.

Get a set of bible reading notes and use them as you read the bible.

I'll tell you a secret. God couldn't care less what dayt or whether you sit stand or kneel to worship, or whether you wear smart cloth or are naked.

He wants us to worship him with all our mind, body and spirit and to live according to the morality found in the 10 commandments.

Upvote 0

Greg Merrill

Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2017
Las Vegas
✟342,224.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Amen to this request. Father, lead this one to either that which produced their faith in the first place, to new scriptures for them to build up their faith in the present (Romans 10:17; 2 Timothy 3:16-17); or both, with an additional knowledge of why and how the general makeup of the Bible reveals that it is from You and absolutely trustworthy. I pray that whatever is attacking their faith may be overcome by use of Your Written Word, and yielding to Your Holy Spirit. May they take the practical steps of how to prepare for in advance and handle temptation and sin when it occurs. (Ephesians 6:10-17). Revolutionize their thinking (Romans 12:2), and may they see things in a new way, as a soldier in a war, for that is what we are spiritually. May they learn how to train for battle, and equip themselves for battle, and fight in such a way as to win the guaranteed victory You promise to those that follow Your prescribed methods. May they closely study 1 & 2 Timothy. Falling into an old habit of lust is not lack of faith only, but lack of consecration, preparation, and commitment. Lord, help him to think these things through, and apply the obvious for the victory. Amen.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Feb 17, 2018
Texas
✟33,392.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
First of all I just want to say thank you for all the support. It's been a crazy ride these last few months on my walk with Jesus (Backsliding, fasting and feeling like I'm too "far gone"). Though I know it'll get crazier I'm still gonna follow.

So recently I've been analyzing my life and trying to remember when I first started "pleasuring" myself and how it eventually led to seeking more and more intense inappropriate contentography. The first time I did it to inappropriate content was a few years after I was baptized (I think I was in my tweens/early teens when that occurred) My heart started beating rapidly as I looked at the screen. I felt like I was going to die then and there (I didn't realize it then but that was God chastising me/ the grief of the holy spirit. ) But as I continued through with it for years, but eventually I became dependent on the feeling: using it to self medicate and eventually fell away from God. Which leads me to this February, when I felt the Holy spirit begin to return. Jesus knew I was in pain and soon the attraction to inappropriate content began to fade. He never left me after all. I just turned away from him. I felt compelled to read the Bible more as I continued to struggle in the flesh, caught up in legalism, following specific preachers online instead of following Christ, and otherwise just being defiant for a while now.

recently I had a strange dream, though it felt like I was wide awake. I saw what looked like three black (fallen) angels out my window. I couldn't tell if they were far off in the distance or close by and incredibly small. Now before I saw them I felt the urges I had return but all I could think about was rebuking Satan in Jesus's name instead of looking at inappropriate content/lusting. I occasionally muttered it out a few times I think. As soon as I gazed directly at them they began to fly off/become smaller and smaller until they disappeared (it was hard to tell because they didn't have definitive dimensions to them, but they looked humanoid. If that makes sense) . It was like my cherished sins were nothing but insects compared to Christ. I'm not sure if it was from God or not but all I know is that this is just the start of the war to come.

Upvote 0