Opa Locka
✟2,476.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I have been struggling a lot with being angry toward God. I feel like I come from a very toxic familial environment. I have experienced a lot of emotional abuse in my life. I have also experienced a lot of psychological abuse. I have also experienced sexual abuse. The constant anger and frustration that I feel toward God about the life that I have had is something that has often created barriers in my relationship with Him. This anger is something that has caused me to stray from Him before. I had a very difficult period of my life where I struggled to believed that He loved me because the life that I had was so broken. This led to me experimenting with witchcraft, the occult and new age practices. I have repented of these things but, now that I am free of those things, the old anger that I felt is beginning to rise back up and I am so concerned. I do not want to stray from God again. I am just so tired of having a life that is filled with so many unnecessary struggles. So much of what I went through in my life has happened to me not because of my own decisions but because of the decisions and actions of the people around me. I am struggling to see where God is leading me. I am currently in seminary school but I am really struggling to understand why God has called to me do this. I love what I am studying but I did not come from a background that equips me with the spiritual strength that I need to walk this walk. I do not have any Christian relative or friend that I can lean on for support. I have, actually, never felt more alone in this walk and I feel as if I am incredibly isolated. I feel like a fish out of water and I am struggling with a lot of the emotional and mental side effects of growing up with the kind of life that I grew up in. Please pray for me.

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟380,160.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sounds like you need a loving fellowship that can be family to you.

He can and does heal all those hurts and even heal the memory of them.

Make Him your No. 1 priority and let nothing get in the way of your finding His loving embrace.

PM me any time you need to talk - I have also journeyed out of darkness - He is faithful and will do it.

Reactions: AbramSailor
Upvote 0

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,086,087.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
I have been struggling a lot with being angry toward God. I feel like I come from a very toxic familial environment. I have experienced a lot of emotional abuse in my life. I have also experienced a lot of psychological abuse. I have also experienced sexual abuse. The constant anger and frustration that I feel toward God about the life that I have had is something that has often created barriers in my relationship with Him. This anger is something that has caused me to stray from Him before. I had a very difficult period of my life where I struggled to believed that He loved me because the life that I had was so broken. This led to me experimenting with witchcraft, the occult and new age practices. I have repented of these things but, now that I am free of those things, the old anger that I felt is beginning to rise back up and I am so concerned. I do not want to stray from God again. I am just so tired of having a life that is filled with so many unnecessary struggles. So much of what I went through in my life has happened to me not because of my own decisions but because of the decisions and actions of the people around me. I am struggling to see where God is leading me. I am currently in seminary school but I am really struggling to understand why God has called to me do this. I love what I am studying but I did not come from a background that equips me with the spiritual strength that I need to walk this walk. I do not have any Christian relative or friend that I can lean on for support. I have, actually, never felt more alone in this walk and I feel as if I am incredibly isolated. I feel like a fish out of water and I am struggling with a lot of the emotional and mental side effects of growing up with the kind of life that I grew up in. Please pray for me.
First, I pray for your healing for the wounds you have suffered from your childhood. I pray for holy angels to minister to you in every way.

I pray that you will be given insight and wisdom that leads to freedom from anger. We live in a fallen world. It is a world where people hurt others and where others are hurting them. It seems to me this is the norm, not the exception.

Why do horrible things happen in families? Well the Bible says that the sins from previous generations are passed on to present generations. It seems to me it is kind of like inheriting a physical disease, the same thing is in effect in both cases.

Why does the Lord let such horrible things happen? Again, we are in a fallen world. We all have to fight, mostly through prayer and praise, to get free. We all have struggles. We all experience bondage of one kind or another.

But as you know, Messiah came to set the captives free. As the Bible says, the battle is the Lords. It also says that it is by grace we are saved through faith, and not by works. Trying on our own in anyway is a kind of work. The battle must completely be the Lords, And that happens when we totally turn things over to him. Totally.

I pray for you to have surrendered prayers so that your have peace and freedom for life.

Upvote 0

MikeinSeattle

Looking for believers to pray with. Message me.
Mar 22, 2019
Seattle
✟34,489.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You can be encouraged that to whom much is given much is required, but to whom less is given less is required. Some of us come from harder circumstances than others. Thats just the way the dice land. We can be thankful that we found life in Christ. This gift of eternal life is a gift of such weight that anyone who has it has been blessed to a degree that is incomprehensible in this life. As you walk through a crowd of people remember that you are blessed infinitely more than 99 percent of the people you are looking at. Try to meditate on the passages of scripture that speak about this eternal life. John 11:26. John 14:19 etc. I have found that so much of my day to day joy is dependent solely on what I think about in my mind throughout the day and not the circumstances I am in.

You can also be encouraged that your hard life actually made you more likely to find eternal life. Those who are rich and have no troubles very seldom feel the need to seek refuge in God. It is trouble that drives us to Him and for that reason there is a sense in which you are actually more fortunate than other people who had easier lives. There is nothing more important than finding salvation. And if you believe in Jesus than you have found it.

As far as this temporal life is concerned, you can also be encouraged in it as well. Because there is no scar or wound or affliction that you have that God cannot heal here in this life.

John 14:14
If you ask me anything in my name, I will do it.

Ps 34:17
When the righteous cry for help, the Lord hears and delivers them out of all their troubles.

Ps 103
2Bless the LORD, O my soul,
and forget not all his benefits,
3who forgives all your iniquity,
who heals all your diseases,
4who redeems your life from the pit,

Ps 147:3
He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds.

Be careful though, most people in the church dont believe these verses and they wont encourage you to pray for all the things you need.

To give you my advice, if I were you I would first off start giving. This is something that has taken me years to learn but it is so important. For years I thought I could just focus on fixing myself and not worry about others and I found that I didnt have the blessing of God on my efforts when I lived this way. Give of your time and money for those less fortunate than yourself. You dont have to give everything but make a sacrifice in your giving. I started with just giving 10 percent of my money. Then after a while I saw I regularly had more money so I started giving 15 percent and then 20 and so on. Then I started trying to do the same thing with my time. You will find your spiritual atmosphere changes as you live this way. There is more light and joy around you and your prayers are answered with greater power. My goal is to try to work up to 50 percent of my disposable time and 50 percent of my income. I feel like this is reasonable considering the great command to love your neighbor as yourself. I wouldn't try to force this goal of mine on anyone but I would encourage you to start giving as you are able and I believe you will see a change in your life if you do. The reason we need to do this is because God is a giving God and He wants us to be like Him. If we are stingy toward others it is hard for God to be blessing us abundantly.

After this I would encourage you to start praying with focus and persistence about the things you need. You probable have dozens of afflictions you need deliverance from or healing in. Sit down and just write them all down. Maybe take a few days to just meditate on it and ask God to show you the things you need that you may not even realize you need cognitively. If I were to guess I would guess that the thing you most need right now is to be shown how much Jesus loves you. But it may not be. A good source of income is a very common and practical need. A healthy place to live. Deliverance from anxiety is often overlooked. But anyways after you have made that list just go through it and decide what is the most important/urgent thing on that list and start praying every day asking God for help in that thing. I find that this "sniper rifle" prayer is much more effective than "shotgun prayer" where you try to bring 50 things to God all at once. As a goal I would recommend praying 3 times a day as Daniel did and spend the first part of it or even most of it thanking God for the things you have and singing praise to Him. This will give you the power and faith to pray each time. You can pray for 2 minutes 5 minutes 5 hours whatever you want/ have. But try to keep praying consistently 3 or so times a day every day. I have found this is the most effective way to pray if you are alone. Just do a bible study of all the verses that talk about prayer and you will see why I make these recommendations.

This will change your life if you do it. It may take some time to see deliverance and healing for all the things you need help in. But not too much time. God answers relatively quickly if you seek Him persistently without giving up.

Hope it helps.

"Jesus please give al98 hope and strength to keep going. Please give her the faith to seek you for the thing she most needs, help her to see clearly what it is she most needs"

Upvote 0

AbramSailor

Flower Chase the Sunshine!
May 7, 2021
Colorado
✟19,024.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
May God bless you and give you comfort as you struggle to control your anger. May He grant you a mind of peace and continue to impart to you His grace and instill in you an enduring Faith pleasing to both you and He. May He help you find encouraging fellowship and the spiritual strength and understanding as you continue in your seminary and there after.

Upvote 0