Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The whole world is rapidly turning to Hell and the end of the world is supposed to happen. I know I am supposed to be "happy" that Jesus is returning, but I feel like I'm too young to go yet and I resent that I was born just in time to see this collapse in my lifetime (I'm nearly 30), in a few years it may get so bad that we won't have food or electricity, it scares me very much. Both the end of my life and the Hell on earth leading up to it. I think it's pretty messed up how this is all predicted in advanced in the Bible. And I thought God was too merciful and loved his people too much to allow this to happen.

I want to pray for myself because I don't know anything else I can do at this point. I don't expect some instant miracle or any fix at all but at least I am doing "something". :)

Fervent

Sep 22, 2020
San jacinto
✟128,742.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
In this moment, there is someone currently living in a situation that is beyond your wildest nightmares. It's easy to get caught up in how life will be harder for us as individuals as the comforts of society are stripped away, yet around the world there are many living without such comforts. Rather than fearing what we may lose, there is a time to think about how we may alleviate the pain of another. How can we serve and pray for the brethren, trusting God to handle our affairs?

Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I want to pray for myself because I don't know anything else I can do at this point

Get real. Whether Jesus is returning some time this year or in the next century is irrelevant if you are not a Christian.
So search the web site christianityexplained for a church in your area that is or has run this course and join any course or start attending, every Sunday that church.

Talk to the minister, ask questions, even challenge what is said in sermons in order to examine what Christianity is and how true it is.

Your priority is to accept Jesus as your Saviour.

Then you can worry about your family and friends, untill then it is as Jesus said in John 3:18.
Those who do not believe in me are already condemned.

Upvote 0

VCR-2000

Dec 27, 2018
PA/New York
✟107,670.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Act as though he coming back today, but live as though He's never coming.
I want to be satisfied. I want to be a hero, a warrior, I want all the stuff I hadn't got that I still wanted.

Upvote 0

sandman

Aug 17, 2003
MI
✟121,866.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Constitution
The acting is to conduct yourself as ....so conduct yourself in manner, speech, love & grace.
But live as if He's never coming... make your plans design your future live your life...because you don't know ...no one knows (despite all the predictions) when He's coming.

Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

That's grasping after the wind
Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I pray for you that God will ease your troubled mind and inspire you to accept whatever comes. I pray you find your way to Christ and it inspires in you courage to face whatever might transpire.

Reactions: VCR-2000
Upvote 0

BrAndreyu

Jun 1, 2020
Florida
✟30,776.00
Country
United States
Faith
Ukr. Grk. Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I know I am supposed to be "happy" that Jesus is returning, but I feel like I'm too young to go yet and I resent that I was born just in time to see this collapse in my lifetime (I'm nearly 30)

You have nothing to be happy about if you aren't right with Christ, so I would take this as an opportunity to get right with Him before something happens and it's too late. Granted, normally I would say that this means going into RCIA and entering the Catholic church; but we may not have time for that so you need to get down on your face, repent, and believe the Gospel, then pray unceasingly and spend time in the Word every day.

But keep in mind like the second poster said that somewhere in this world, there is someone who is infinitely worse off than you are. No matter how bad it may seem right now, you're on the internet, which means that you probably have food to eat, clean water to drink, a roof over your head, and clothes on your back; and you shouldn't take that for granted because God has been good to you.

Whatever happens in America and Western Europe pales in comparison to the very real and very deadly persecution that many believers face each and every day in places like North Korea, China, Iraq, and Afghanistan. Yeah, things are getting bad here from a moral standpoint and the society looks like it's going to collapse and there will be chaos, but for now just thank Christ every day for the fact that you live in America and are born in a time where you get to see history, even if that history is negative. I'm 35 and I'm none too happy with the direction that this country is moving in, but I understand that this world is not for me, so I've counted the cost and determined that I'd rather follow Christ than do what the world tells me I should do and that even if they destroy my life, they cannot cast my soul into hell. That's what I'm worried about and that's what you need to be worried about: Fearing the one who can cast your soul into the fire rather than the very real possibility of your society collapsing. Societies come and go, we aren't the first and we surely won't be the last, but the Kingdom of God lasts forever. Am I going to be in that Kingdom or will I be cast out into the fire where there is wailing and gnashing of teeth (Matthew 13:42)? That's what I think about every day and that's what you should be thinking about as well, and adjust yourself accordingly.

Don't wait one more day, if you've never gotten right with Christ, do it today. Like right now, because you may not even have five minutes from now to do it. You are not promised tomorrow (James 4:14)

Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

:sighing:
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟691,075.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The whole world is rapidly turning to Hell and the end of the world is supposed to happen. I know I am supposed to be "happy" that Jesus is returning, but I feel like I'm too young to go yet and I resent that I was born just in time to see this collapse in my lifetime (I'm nearly 30), in a few years it may get so bad that we won't have food or electricity, it scares me very much. Both the end of my life and the Hell on earth leading up to it. I think it's pretty messed up how this is all predicted in advanced in the Bible. And I thought God was too merciful and loved his people too much to allow this to happen.

I want to pray for myself because I don't know anything else I can do at this point. I don't expect some instant miracle or any fix at all but at least I am doing "something". :)

God loved Saint Stephen in the Bible very very much, but he went to meet his Lord as a martyr for his faith in Christ. Acts of the Apostles 7:54-60

God loved Paul very very much, but allowed him to be stoned to the point they left him for dead, thinking he was. Acts of the Apostles 14:19-28

We aren't promised a life of ease, even without dying for the faith Christ promised we would have trials and tribulations in this life. What we do have - is a restored relationship with God through it all. And that relationship is worth everything.

There was a woman who wanted Jesus to set her sons on his right and his left when He was King, and he told her she had no idea what she was asking, because of the trials and tribulations his disciples were soon to face. (Matthew 20:20-28)

As far as the "hell on earth", Jesus will return to a world that is, in large part, in love with sin, to judge those in it. The cup of sins is too much even for God to allow it to continue by that time.

But most won't realize they have reached that point - as Jesus said they will be marrying and giving in marriage. Which means the world is simply having their normal lives, unaware anything's even wrong, or about to occur.

It will only seem like "hell" to God's people who are living at that time, who see the abundance of sin and are appalled by it.

So while there will be trials and tribulations for us, it won't be something we can't bear through, as we see in Stephen's example, God showed HIM Christ on the Throne to strengthen Him. We aren't alone, God's Holy Spirit is with us, and will generously give us the strength we need to endure.

I will pray for you. Just remember, trust in God. He has already gained the victory!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

VCR-2000

Dec 27, 2018
PA/New York
✟107,670.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I am still concerned that the future is going to be darker than anything else that has passed before. I'm also worried about seeing nuclear war. God or no God, it doesn't stop the feeling of anxiety.

In what kind of way can we say God already achieved victory when the bad guys are getting what they want in their agenda (for now at least) and good people are discarded as evil? I don't see his victory physically manifested.

Upvote 0

Fervent

Sep 22, 2020
San jacinto
✟128,742.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am still concerned that the future is going to be darker than anything else that has passed before. I'm also worried about seeing nuclear war. God or no God, it doesn't stop the feeling of anxiety.

In what kind of way can we say God already achieved victory when the bad guys are getting what they want in their agenda (for now at least) and good people are discarded as evil? I don't see his victory physically manifested.
The bad guys? Good people? Do you really think things are so black and white? Is not the pedofile who was molested as a child as much victim as perpetrator? Is the murderer not as much a creation of God as the nun? We are staring at a pointillist picture from the surface of the canvas, what the entire picture holds only God knows.

Upvote 0