• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Prayer For Alcoholism | Meditastions on the Love of Jesus Christ

Oliver Peers

Nov 24, 2022
England
✟15,276.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I wrote a piece about praying to Jesus and also Mary for help with alcohol.

This is quite personal, and this is the first bit of what I wrote today.

I am especially struck with the thought of asking for help from a higher power - acknowledging that a part of the problem is my attempt at self-reliance.

That doesn't work: it's stupid to pretend to be strong when really Jesus is there to help.

The page on my website is here: Prayers To Jesus With The Problem Of Alcoholism | Meditations On The Love Of Jesus Christ – Listen To the Bible! | King James Audio Bible | KJV | King James Version

That is going to change probably quite a lot as I work through the issue and refine the expression.

It's really difficult to acknowledge that today can be the start of a new life, and that it really doesn't matter that things have not gone ideally before now.

I am thinking that this might be what Jesus means when he says that we need to become as a child.

Anyway, my thoughts and prayers for anyone else out there tackling similar issues.

I am not a victim - but there are.....

It can be difficult to know that Jesus loves me and intended me to be just who I truly am.

Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.

Lord, I Have A Problem

The first step in overcoming addiction is to acknowledge the problem. This can be one of the hardest steps, as it requires us to admit that we have a problem that we cannot solve on our own. It can be easy to think that we can handle things on our own, or that we don’t want to burden others with our problems. But the truth is that addiction is bigger than we are, and it requires a concerted effort to overcome.

As Christians, we have an additional source of strength and support in our journey of recovery: Jesus. He offers us the love, guidance, and grace that we need to overcome our addiction and find healing in our lives. With Jesus’ help, we can find the courage to face our struggles head-on, and the hope to believe that we can overcome them.

A Prayer To Jesus To Acknowledge That There Is A Problem Of Addiction

Dear Jesus,

I come to you to acknowledge that I need help. I am struggling with addiction, and I know that I cannot overcome this on my own.

Please help me to have the courage and humility to ask for help, and to reach out to those who can support and guide me on this journey of recovery. Help me to recognize that seeking help is a sign of strength, not weakness, and that there is no shame in admitting that I need assistance.

I pray that you would guide me to the right resources and people who can help me on this path of healing. Surround me with loving, supportive individuals who will encourage me and hold me accountable as I work to overcome my addiction.

Above all, I ask for your strength and guidance as I navigate this difficult journey. Please help me to find the courage and determination to make the changes I need to make, and to trust in your plan for my life.

Thank you for your never-ending love and mercy. I pray this in your holy name.

Amen.

Addiction To Alcohol | Daring To Be Better With Jesus

Addiction can be a complex and multifaceted issue, with many underlying causes and contributing factors. It can stem from a variety of sources, including trauma, stress, social pressures, or a genetic predisposition.

But regardless of the specific nature of our addiction, the first step in recovery is always the same: acknowledging the problem. This can be a difficult and painful process, as it requires us to confront the reality of our situation and the ways in which our addiction has affected our lives and the lives of those around us.

But it is also a crucial step, as it marks the beginning of our journey towards healing and wholeness. It requires us to be honest with ourselves and with others, to seek out help and support, and to take responsibility for our own actions and choices.

In acknowledging our addiction, we also acknowledge that we cannot overcome it on our own. We need the help and support of others, as well as the guidance and strength that only Jesus can provide. He offers us a way forward, a path towards healing and restoration that is rooted in faith, hope, and love.

In his teachings and his life, Jesus showed us the power of compassion, forgiveness, and grace. He reached out to those who were struggling and marginalized, offering them a message of hope and a path towards redemption. And he continues to do so today, offering us the same message of hope and healing as we navigate the challenges of addiction.

As we embark on our journey of recovery, we can turn to Jesus for guidance and strength. Through prayer, meditation, and reflection on his teachings, we can find the inspiration and encouragement we need to move forward. We can also seek out the support and guidance of others, whether it be through therapy, support groups, or other resources.

In the end, our journey towards recovery is a journey of faith, hope, and love. It is a journey that requires courage, perseverance, and a willingness to reach out for help. But with Jesus by our side, we can find the strength and the grace to overcome our addiction and find healing in our lives.

A Prayer To Jesus For Hope | Love Revealed By Jesus Christ

Dear Jesus,

Please fill me with hope for the future, and help me to see that a life free from addiction is possible. Give me the strength and determination to persevere on this journey, even when the road ahead seems long and difficult.

I pray that you would help me to stay focused on my goals, and to trust in your plan for my life. Help me to see the blessings that surround me, even in the midst of my struggles, and to be grateful for all that you have done for me.

Above all, I ask that you would wrap me in your loving embrace and give me the peace that only you can provide. Help me to rest in your presence and to know that you are with me always, no matter what challenges I may face.

Thank you for your endless grace and mercy, and for the hope that you offer to all who seek your help. I pray this in your holy name.

Amen.