Dave Darling

Jan 10, 2016
Harrisburg, PA
✟116,677.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I just found this on CNN, apparently Afghanistan has 1 trillion dollars in untapped mineral wealth scattered throughout the country (rare elements such as lithium and gold), this has the potential to totally transform Afghanistan from a backwards 3rd-world country into a modern wealthy state. We need to pray about this, it would bless the Afghan people tremendously! God roots for the underdog and I think He would like to see Afghanistan get blessed, right now it is probably the most backward country in the entire world. The only problem is it would not be a good thing for the Taliban to get ahold of this money, they would probably use it on weapons and it might even fall into the hands of Al-Qaeda. However I think if the money fell into the right hands it might lead to the downfall of the Taliban and the country would be completely transformed! It would do to Afganistan what oil money has done to the middle east, they are rolling in cash now! https://www.cnn.com/.../afghanistan-lithium.../index.html

Last edited:

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I just found this on CNN, apparently Afghanistan has 1 trillion dollars in untapped mineral wealth scattered throughout the country (rare elements such as lithium and gold), this has the potential to totally transform Afghanistan from a backwards 3rd-world country into a modern wealthy state. We need to pray about this, it would bless the Afghan people tremendously! God roots for the underdog and I think He would like to see Afghanistan get blessed, right now it is probably the most backward country in the entire world. The only problem is it would not be a good thing for the Taliban to get ahold of this money, they would probably use it on weapons and it might even fall into the hands of Al-Qaeda. However I think if the money fell into the right hands it might lead to the downfall of the Taliban and the country would be completely transformed! It would do to Afganistan what oil money has done to the middle east, they are rolling in cash now! https://www.cnn.com/.../afghanistan-lithium.../index.html
Venezuela has billions in oil reserves, but multinational oil companies can not do business there because Chavez seized corporate property and did not repay.

Zimbabwe has billions in metal ores. A larcenous government prevents full development as they did not keep their promises.

I am not sure if Afghanistan will be tame enough to deal with. They are doing heroin smuggling to buy weapons and food.

Upvote 0

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,083,816.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
The middle east is rolling in cash, but it is not rolling in spiritual virtues. In fact, from the Middle East we not uncommonly see Christians being horrifically persecuted. Whatever wealth they have gained, it is not caused him to be closer to the Lord in anyway.

I honestly have no optimism whatsoever that any money they get through natural resources will make their countries any better. I have no confidence that the Taliban won’t be the ones to profit.

Sorry to be so pessimistic.

However, I pray that somehow and in someways the elected of the Lord, and any others he wants to show mercy too,
Will be will provide it for one way or another.

• Prayers
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟651,138.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

Afghanistan isn't far from China, which would no doubt just love to take it for its resources.

Upvote 0