Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I realize I need to knead the dough of the bread of life, first get rid of the yeast of sin, worldliness, selfishness and pride. When I get on my knees, the dough is kneaded, I fellowship with my Lord and enjoy the wine of his blood and the bread of his flesh. I am refreshed by living water from the wellspring of life. I know the Lord hears my prayers, he listens to every word and I trust His Word, His words are life and spirit.

Now the problem is I know what to do, but putting it into practice is hard. There is nothing to do but discipline myself. Jesus Christ called His twelve followers 'disciples' I am wondering if disciple comes from the word for discipline. I need to learn obedience, quit trusting in my human nature and reasoning, and trust my Lord God's spiritual wisdom and reasoning. It's hard to trust in the spirit, but with reading scripture and trusting in the Holy Spirit i can do this. God loves me, "I can do all things in Christ through strengthens me."

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,085,787.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
You say you need to knead the dough and discipline yourself. Such efforts can be affective for comparatively minor problems. However, if what you are talking about involves strongholds, they will not work.

The Bible says that the battle is the Lords. If we continue in sin, even in relatively less awful things like, say, smoking or watching wrong things on TV, then as the Bible also says we become a slave to sin. Then we no longer have the ability to pull herself out of the problem.

But Messiah came to set the captives free. I pray you will not try, but rely. I pray you will cast your cares on him and let go so that he can do what no person can ever do.

Upvote 0

AbramSailor

Flower Chase the Sunshine!
May 7, 2021
Colorado
✟19,024.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
May God bless you, give you enduring Faith, the wisdom to know His will and the strength to act accordingly.

Hebrews 10:36 (NKJV)
36 For you have need of endurance, so that after you have done the will of God, you may receive the promise

Hebrews 13:20-21 (NKJV)
20 Now may the God of peace who brought up our Lord Jesus from the dead, that great Shepherd of the sheep, through the blood of the everlasting covenant, 21 make you complete in every good work to do His will, working in you what is well pleasing in His sight, through Jesus Christ, to whom be glory forever and ever. Amen.

Upvote 0