Prayer and advice needed

Status
Not open for further replies.
No this is not a place for controversy, but it is also a place for honesty. Chuck Colson was on the radio 2 days ago talking about this very subject, the Mormon church, because the worlds eyes are focused there due to the winter olympics. He said the Mormons are not Christian, they are a cult. They believe that Mary was physically impregnated by God which produced Jesus. That their Jesus is not the same Jesus that we worship. He said that in order for a faith to be considered "Christian" they have to believe in the same 5 major tenents. I believe that when you know what your praying for, your prayers hit the mark like a bullseye, instead of throwing a hatchet at the wind and letting it fall where it may. We all need to pray for the Lord to lift the scales off the eyes of this girl, and for her to see the truth. We need to pray for the Lord to uncloud her mind. If we all focus our prayers towards the same thing we are adding holy punch to our prayers. I will pray for your daughter, and for you. Coincidentally, Mr Colson has put out a book on this very subject of comparison and the Mormon church. You might want to consider educating yourself on this church so that you can witness to your daughter effectively.

God Bless You

Upvote 0

Didymus

can t spell--can t type
Feb 3, 2002
New York state
✟10,771.00
Faith
Protestant
I have been reading about the Mormans and how to counter their beliefs for several months now. I have trouble talking to my daughter because she gets so defensive. I feel it is the Holy Spirit convicting her.
Thank you for offering to fast SP. I cannot because of my health/weight problem so I do not as others to. But if you would like to it would be deeply appreciated. By the way Mormans are big believers in fasting.

Upvote 0
I will not give you my opinion on what I think Mormons believe... I will tell you straight up... I was raised Mormon ... started reading my Bible after I went through their "temple" I was led to believe something special would happen there and they are very hush hush about it... Praise God... there is hope... ! For you and your daughter.... I left that "church" when I was 22 after being indoctrinated my whole childhood.
Mormons believe: we existed as spirit children before we were born. The color of our skin is dependant upon sins we committed before we were ever born in the spirit world... white being the most blessed color of course... that is why blacks were not allowed to go to the temple until just recently. (i wonder that they don't realize Jesus was Hebrew :O) and faded into the crowds :O)) They believe: Our spirit parents used to be flesh and blood like we are now... i say parents because they believe in a heavenly mother and father. mormons do use their new testament... they take certain verses out of it to back up their doctrine... they believe... if they follow the mormon guidlines... ie your WORKS get you to heaven alone...that after their life here is over, they will become Gods... yes, you heard me... Gods and Godesses. This means, they will create their own worlds and have spirit children who in turn will need to be BORN in order to have a body. They believe Jesus was a spirit brother to not only Lucifer (satan) but also to us...In the temple, they have you wear special outfits.. and don't laugh... they teach you special handshakes in order to pass through the veil of heaven... true. when you die, you will see a hand beyond what they call a veil and IF AND ONLY IF YOU KNOW THE SECRET HANDSHAKES then and only then can you get into heaven.... there is great fear in the mormon religion. in the temple, they show you the ways and have you repeat the ways that God will dismember you physically if you ever leave the mormon church or speak of what goes on in the temple....sigh. as a born again christian... i am what they call an apostate! they are not to even speak to me or else! there is too much to be said... if you like you can even email me and i will explain in more detail... besides prayer.... knowledge is a powerful weapon against this cult.... does this help?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.