Not open for further replies.

Didymus

can t spell--can t type
Feb 3, 2002
New York state
✟10,771.00
Faith
Protestant
This is very hard for me to post but I need prayer warriors. In September my oldest daughter was baptised into the Morman church. She was raised in Baptist churches and had recieved christ as a child. I feel like I filed her as a parent--she is 21. We thave tried to show her the false teaching but she has bbeen blinded. Of course we pray but I was wondering if there is something else we could do.

Apologist

2 Tim. 2:24-26
Jan 9, 2002
Northern California
Visit site
✟1,980.00
Faith
Christian
Originally posted by Michael
It seems like you love your daughter very much and though you might not agree with the Mormon church in every way, you both share a love of Jesus. Perhaps you should start there. Does the Mormon bible record Matthew 5?

Only problem there Michael is that the Mormon's have a different 'Jesus' than Christians do. The Jesus of the Mormon's is the "spirit brother of Lucifer." That is NOT the Jesus of the bible.

Didymus,

The most powerful tool you have for winning your daughter back is prayer. Prayer is the first thing we should do, not a last resort.
We will be praying for your daughter also as the maze of Mormonism is indeed difficult to escape, but with God ALL things are possible.

God Bless,

Michael

Upvote 0

Michael

Contributor
Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Mt. Shasta, California
Visit site
✟298,148.00
Faith
Christian
Same Jesus, different points of view.

There's only one Jesus, and many points of views about him. It just seems to me the best way to communicate with her is to understand the differences in the faiths, and start with something you both agree on. Love and Jesus seem like the natural starting points. I think if Didymus want's to create a constructive relationship with her? daughter, Jesus is your best bet. It might be a good idea to even get a mormon bible to understand what you share in common in their two "religions".

Mormons do consider themselves "Christians" and it wouldn't make sense to condemn the religion just cause you don't agree with it. Only Jesus gets to do that.

Upvote 0

Apologist

Jan 9, 2002
Northern California
Visit site
✟1,980.00
Faith
Christian
Originally posted by Michael
Same Jesus, different points of view.

Mormons do consider themselves "Christians" and it wouldn't make sense to condemn the religion just cause you don't agree with it. Only Jesus gets to do that.

It doesn't matter what Mormon's "consider themselves" Michael.
They are a cult and I did't condemn them. They are already condemned for believing a lie.
It is a Christian's duty to speak out against abhorant teachings such as those by the Mormon's, Jehovah's Witnesses, Christian Scientists and others.

God Bless

Upvote 0

Michael

Contributor
Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Mt. Shasta, California
Visit site
✟298,148.00
Faith
Christian
I didn't come here to debate theology with anyone. I'll let you have you own judgements about their religion, but I'm sure God judges us all as "individuals". It's this kind of attitude though that makes this situation difficult. I'm just suggesting they look for ways of building bridges rather than pick each other's faith apart.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

WhitBit

Mirror of His Heart
Feb 5, 2002
Texas
Visit site
✟610.00
I have no idea what kindof advice to give you, Didymus...but I am praying for you and your daughter - and will continue to do so.

As for the discussion of Mormonism vs. Christianity, it's better fought elsewhere - it IS an important topic, though...and I'll be happy to either move this thread to the Interfaith forum or let you start another one :D

Upvote 0

WhitBit

Mirror of His Heart
Feb 5, 2002
Texas
Visit site
✟610.00
:D No problem. I know it wasn't your intent...I just didn't want things to get heated in a place that wasn't quite meant for that kindof discussion - and THANK YOU so much, both of you, for your apologies :) A pleasant surprise...I don't think I've ever quite seen that happen with theological opponents before!! (proving depths of maturity, eh?)

Thank you guys!
Whit

Upvote 0

Didymus

can t spell--can t type
Feb 3, 2002
New York state
✟10,771.00
Faith
Protestant
I apologize too . I didn t mean to start an arguement. I have studied the material on Mormon beliefs that my daughter has given me. It sound very Christian and I feel that her Morman friends are good people who don t see the errors.They use only the King James Bible by the way. So thank you for your prayers. I believe God is in control and this will all work out for good. I guess I am just impatient to see her come back. God bless you all.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Apologist

Jan 9, 2002
Northern California
Visit site
✟1,980.00
Faith
Christian
Originally posted by Didymus
I apologize too . I didn t mean to start an arguement. I have studied the material on Mormon beliefs that my daughter has given me. It sound very Christian and I feel that her Morman friends are good people who don t see the errors.They use only the King James Bible by the way. So thank you for your prayers. I believe God is in control and this will all work out for good. I guess I am just impatient to see her come back. God bless you all.

We will keep you in our prayers Didymus.
In the meantime I would study up on the errors of Mormonism so that you will be a more effectual witness to her when the Holy Spirit arouses doubts in her mind about the Mormon's teachings.
"Letters To A Mormon Elder" and "Is The Mormon My Brother?"
By James White are both excellent resources to look into.
I have and recommend Walter Martin's, "Kingdom of the Cults" book as a good source of information on this cult as well as others. Another good book is, "Mormon Revelation's Of Convenience" and "The Mormon Illusion" by Floyd McElveen.

I hope this has been of help.

God Bless

Upvote 0

Wave

Feb 5, 2002
Finland
Visit site
✟7,841.00
Faith
Christian
Didymus; I will pray for your family and daughter. I will aslo pray for safety for your family, that not your other children will be blinded and start follow the mormon church. I'm with u in prayer. Stay firm in God, and do not "give after". Jesus died on the cross for your daughters salvation, he also took the authority of satan! He's the Man!

Blessings!

Upvote 0
Hello Didymus;

I will pray for you. I have been told that Mormon's don't teach the New Testament. Jesus gaves us several test (guidelines) "Beware of false Prophets and false religions". The Books of the New Testament talk of these...read them and talk to her about it...Does her God compare?
Jesus said to his desciples after His death and before he was risen that he would not drink from the fruit of the vine or see them again until the final days, when He would pour out his final judgement on the earth. So you see the leaders of the Mormon religion, couldn't have see and talk to Jesus. That is just one example of the many contridictory things in the Mormon religion.
This doesn't mean they are bad people...many of them lead good christian lives. They have just been deceived. Jesus said "Woa to the one that causes my children to stumble or to be deceived."
Some where in the New Testament it says that it would be better for Judas, then one of these, that cause one of my children to fall. I'm not sure where it is but I remember the jest of it.
Show her the following verses: Mat 24:4-24:24 and Luke 21:8

My prayers are with you and your family in this time of need.
May God be with you and yours and God Bless.
tigeressm

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.