Washington
✟686,477.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I have accused Christians of being self-righteous. I have accused Christians of speaking the truth without Grace. It is true that there are some Christian to do speak the truth without Grace oh, but to accuse all Christians of doing that is overgeneralization. But at the same time, just saying I am not self-righteous like some of these Christians are is in itself self-righteous.

And going around saying that Christians are so judgemental is in itself judgmental.

Could you pray for me and ask God to remove the self-righteous spirit that I have?

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,342,946.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
:heart: i agree with Peter, Jesse. it's a precious prayer request. God DELIGHTS in these kinds of prayers. David prayed similarly many times. ALL of us have. Praying that God grants you what you request, along with His blessings and extraordinary favor, Jesse. God bless you. (((hug)))

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,157,077.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This is such a good idea, to pray that each person one meets being judgemental (praying for each individual, one at a time) might be pulled, given an urge, to confess, humbly, be brought closer to God.

Upvote 0

Deborah D

Prayer Warrior
Site Supporter
Aug 25, 2018
USA
✟224,544.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
I have accused Christians of being self-righteous. I have accused Christians of speaking the truth without Grace. It is true that there are some Christian to do speak the truth without Grace oh, but to accuse all Christians of doing that is overgeneralization. But at the same time, just saying I am not self-righteous like some of these Christians are is in itself self-righteous.

And going around saying that Christians are so judgemental is in itself judgmental.

Could you pray for me and ask God to remove the self-righteous spirit that I have?
We all struggle with this, and it's good that you see it. You have my prayers.

Upvote 0

Introverted1293

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2017
Washington
✟686,477.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
:heart: i agree with Peter, Jesse. it's a precious prayer request. God DELIGHTS in these kinds of prayers. David prayed similarly many times. ALL of us have. Praying that God grants you what you request, along with His blessings and extraordinary favor, Jesse. God bless you. (((hug)))

Thank you, @brinny

God bless you, too:)

• Friendly
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

Introverted1293

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2017
Washington
✟686,477.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
This is such a good idea, to pray that each person one meets being judgemental (praying for each individual, one at a time) might be pulled, given an urge, to confess, humbly, be brought closer to God.

Thank you so much. God bless

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Introverted1293

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2017
Washington
✟686,477.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
As someone said above, we can all suffer from that. It is good when we seek the Lord about it as you are doing. I do pray you will be freed from that issue.

Thank you very much.

Upvote 0

GOD Shines Forth!

Site Supporter
Jan 6, 2019
United States
✟355,297.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

"But we earthly men have
Miserable, mad, mistaking eyes..."
—Titus Andronicus

To be human is to judge, wrongly, and to be self-righteous. I called out self-righteousness on another thread and got accused of being...self-righteous! Lol, pray for me tooooo!!! (I’ll pray for you)

Upvote 0

Introverted1293

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2017
Washington
✟686,477.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
"But we earthly men have
—Titus Andronicus

To be human is to judge, wrongly, and to be self-righteous. I called out self-righteousness on another thread and got accused of being...self-righteous! Lol, pray for me tooooo!!! (I’ll pray for you)

Thank you and I will.

Upvote 0

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,083,051.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
"But we earthly men have
—Titus Andronicus

Lol indeed. I was thinking of also asking that I be prayed for not to be self righteous, so now I do. Don't know what the all the nuances are between being critical and being self righteousness, but I have suffered from both.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Introverted1293

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2017
Washington
✟686,477.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single