US
✟419,338.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I wanted to pray that better movies come out that help people heal and help reduce suffering. There are a lot of horror films on display on netflix and redbox. I wanted to pray against horror films. That they go away entirely because of how they harm people's spirits.

-Luca

Apr 11, 2017
United Kingdom
✟29,261.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Agreed. About the horror bit. Scary films in themselves overestimate and tend to glorify demons/demonic powers. I believe the whole tactic is to strike fear in your heart to make you fear them, when you really should only fear one...he that created you and I. People forget that we have power over Lucifer.

And do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. But rather fear Him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

Upvote 0

WannaWitness

Shining God's Light for a Lost World.
Aug 31, 2004
✟149,993.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Others
I don't like them. Never have and never will, and I know there are plenty of people who share my sentiments.

Myself, I'm more into clean comedy and heartwarming dramas, especially those with inspirational/Christian slants. I also get a kick out of old musicals (especially those of the Golden Age of Hollywood) and cartoon classics. But no horror film-fests for me, thank you.

I haven't thought much about praying against the genre so much as merely avoiding such films, to be honest, but I am in agreement that it is a prayerworthy issue.

Upvote 0

ForeverEternal

Forever dreaming, forever wishing
Nov 8, 2016
USA
✟18,906.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I agree! I never understood the fascination with them, I mean, why do people get enjoyment out of being scared? It just seems so obscure to me.

Me personally, I'm more into Disney/Pixar, Star Wars and Marvel films. At least they don't usually have content that can freak you out.

Upvote 0

Beorh

Writer of Dark Literature
Sep 2, 2017
Saint Augustine
Visit site
✟15,285.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I wanted to pray that better movies come out that help people heal and help reduce suffering. There are a lot of horror films on display on netflix and redbox. I wanted to pray against horror films. That they go away entirely because of how they harm people's spirits.

Please don't pray too hard :) Some of us have been called by Jesus to study and write Horror in order to reach the "tribes" who live in those regions. I got sick on a chocolate candy bar once, and I have known others who have, but this doesn't mean that all chocolate is bad, it's how much is eaten--or maybe what company made the candy. Dracula by Bram Stoker is a Christian novel. Joseph Sheridan Le Fanu, famous for Carmilla, was a Christian. Charles Dickens was a Christian. All three of these authors are considered writers of Horror. Film wise, there are a number of powerful Horror films out there which heal instead of destroy. Some are comical like Krampus, others weird like Ink, and others more mainstream like The Exorcism of Emily Rose.

Upvote 0

MissRowy

Ms Snarky
Site Supporter
Oct 31, 2012
Western Sydney
✟250,182.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
AU-Labor
Depends on the genre of horror. You have your gore movies like Saw, Scream and Hostel and then you have suspense horror like IT. I don't mind some horror movies but others I refuse to watch.

Upvote 0