Washington
✟686,777.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I do not want to be a reprobate. I struggle with homosexual desires. I struggle with lust. I do not live the lifestyle, but lusting is still sin. So I am going to pray, and I ask that you will pray for me too.

Father God, I come before you in the name of your Son, Jesus. I ask for your forgiveness for my lusts and entertaining my lustful desires. I ask your forgiveness for my idolatry and adultery. I ask your forgiveness for treating people like sex objects in my mind, which is far from loving. I ask your forgiveness for the lies that have poured out of my mouth. I ask your forgiveness for swearing and for my outbursts of anger. I ask your forgiveness for not loving my neighbor as myself, and teach me how to love. I ask your forgiveness for hating other Christians. I ask your forgiveness for being irresponsible with my money, enable me to delay gratification and pay off my debts.

I ask, Lord God, that you give me a submissive spirit. I pray that you would put your Spirit upon my heart so that I can obey you. I pray that you will give me a hunger and thirst for righteousness. I ask you will grant me true repentance.

I know that you are always right. I know that if end up in hell, it would be a righteous judgment. But I ask you for mercy. I ask that you will save me. I ask, Lord Jesus, that not only you be my savior but my Lord as well.

I know that I have confessed you as Lord many times, and I kept failing to obey you. But I am asking for your help because I am unable to obey you without your help.

I pray in your name, amen

Tom 1

Optimistic sceptic
Site Supporter
Nov 13, 2017
Tarnaveni
✟818,769.00
Country
Romania
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I do not want to be a reprobate. I struggle with homosexual desires. I struggle with lust. I do not live the lifestyle, but lusting is still sin. So I am going to pray, and I ask that you will pray for me too.

Father God, I come before you in the name of your Son, Jesus. I ask for your forgiveness for my lusts and entertaining my lustful desires. I ask your forgiveness for my idolatry and adultery. I ask your forgiveness for treating people like sex objects in my mind, which is far from loving. I ask your forgiveness for the lies that have poured out of my mouth. I ask your forgiveness for swearing and for my outbursts of anger. I ask your forgiveness for not loving my neighbor as myself, and teach me how to love. I ask your forgiveness for hating other Christians. I ask your forgiveness for being irresponsible with my money, enable me to delay gratification and pay off my debts.

I ask, Lord God, that you give me a submissive spirit. I pray that you would put your Spirit upon my heart so that I can obey you. I pray that you will give me a hunger and thirst for righteousness. I ask you will grant me true repentance.

I know that you are always right. I know that if end up in hell, it would be a righteous judgment. But I ask you for mercy. I ask that you will save me. I ask, Lord Jesus, that not only you be my savior but my Lord as well.

I know that I have confessed you as Lord many times, and I kept failing to obey you. But I am asking for your help because I am unable to obey you without your help.

Amen brother. I don’t share your particular struggle but there are certainly aspects of my character, deep rooted elements of who I am as a person that are ungodly and make me less productive and useful in the kingdom than I should be. It is hard to change those things, I’ve come to believe that the only way to change is through a dedicated process of prayer and fasting, ideally (I think) with the support of a spiritual mentor. I’ve recently started attending an Eastern Orthodox Church - one of the things that attracted me to the EO church is that they have a program of ‘transformation’ which is designed with that purpose in mind. I don’t yet know much about it, I’m new to the EO church, but it might be worth asking the TAW community here about it.
Also, I have a friend (not a close friend but someone I’m occasionally in contact with) who was gay but is now married with kids. I could put you in touch with him if you like, but just be aware he’s part of a pretty fundamentalist movement that a lot of people would see as a cult, not a church I would recommend to anyone, but his personal input might be helpful.

Upvote 0

Introverted1293

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2017
Washington
✟686,777.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Amen brother. I don’t share your particular struggle but there are certainly aspects of my character, deep rooted elements of who I am as a person that are ungodly and make me less productive and useful in the kingdom than I should be. It is hard to change those things, I’ve come to believe that the only way to change is through a dedicated process of prayer and fasting, ideally (I think) with the support of a spiritual mentor. I’ve recently started attending an Eastern Orthodox Church - one of the things that attracted me to the EO church is that they have a program of ‘transformation’ which is designed with that purpose in mind. I don’t yet know much about it, I’m new to the EO church, but it might be worth asking the TAW community here about it.
Also, I have a friend (not a close friend but someone I’m occasionally in contact with) who was gay but is now married with kids. I could put you in touch with him if you like, but just be aware he’s part of a pretty fundamentalist movement that a lot of people would see as a cult, not a church I would recommend to anyone, but his personal input might be helpful.

Thank you very much. God bless:)

Reactions: Tom 1
Upvote 0

Southernscotty

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2018
Arkansas
✟504,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
Brother; I can see the Holy Spirit working conviction on your heart. You are doing the right thing by praying and seeking God. I know this must be very tough on you, just as "lust" is for everyone.
We seek it in different forms, But in the end it is still "lust" and falls short of what God desires for us.
While opening the prayer wall this morning, Your post was first and it makes me stop and think, how all of us are different, Yet we are loved, whether we are homosexual, hetrosexual, or "whatever" We all need Jesus and I commend you for stepping up and confessing your faults and openly acknowledging your need for divine help. I don't struggle in this same area as you do, but I do struggle with other "lust" and "I think everyone does to some extent", for anyone to state otherwise would be a great untruth in my opinion. We all want many things, But only really need one and that is a relationship with the Lord. I pray for you to be released of this stronghold in the name of JESUS. Bless you

Upvote 0

Greg Merrill

Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2017
Las Vegas
✟342,224.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
A good prayer request, to start, Lord, but now I also pray that he will follow through by trusting You to answer and guide him in what to do and how to think, and to be obedient in doing what You say. May he learn how to habitually put on the whole armor (Ephesians 6:10-20), and keep putting it back on when he realizes he is being tempted. May he fight the good fight of faith (1 Timothy 6:12) and experience the glory in You of winning. May he become a good, spiritual soldier, in close communication with his Commanding Officer (You). Amen.

Upvote 0

aspire2b

Jul 26, 2011
oklahoma
✟15,290.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I am so proud of you brother in Christ. I know God can heal our minds and cause our desires to line up with his. He can cause us to be pure again.

I was

Upvote 0