Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
"...Those who honor me [the Lord] I will honor, but those who despise me will be disdained." --1 Samuel 2:30

This was an interesting point that just got brought up in my Christian Morality class, and I felt compelled to share it right away. This section of the class is discussing marriage & relationships & divorce. My professor said something that really caught my attention: Some Christian groups have a divorce rate that's the same as the national average, some a little lower, but the couples that pray together every day hardly ever divorce.

The Couple that Prays Together | Dr. David Stoop

It makes sense; God is the source of all love, so connecting with Him together is a surefire way to enhance the love within your own relationship.

Has anyone here tried this? Or want to? I made a promise with God that whenever He brings me a woman I might be blessed to share a relationship with, I'd bring her to my prayer time in the Chapel as soon as possible. I did this with a girl at my college earlier, and no relationship came from it, but I still think that was a very good thing to do for her. And that's the point of a relationship; doing good for the other. Thomas Aquinas describes love as "to choose the good of the beloved". What could be better than leaving the beloved with a better relationship with God? Especially in the case of the woman God brought me, who I knew I wouldn't be able to have a relationship with.

Thoughts?

May we continue to see God's blessings in every area of our lives!:pray:

musicalpilgrim

pilgrim on the sacred music pathway
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,622,909.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Such a serious problem for me. My husband has just started coming to Church with me, which is great, then we have the lockdown. I feel it is a relief for him. Lots of prayer still required.

Upvote 0

Unofficial Reverand Alex

Pray in silence...God speaks softly
Site Supporter
Dec 22, 2017
The Mystical Lands of Rural Indiana
Visit site
✟526,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Such a serious problem for me. My husband has just started coming to Church with me, which is great, then we have the lockdown. I feel it is a relief for him. Lots of prayer still required.
Definitely praying for you both--and praising, because he started coming! Perhaps you two could watch some Christian talks together? It's not the same as church, but picking up CD's from the back of church has helped me tremendously in my faith journey. Here's a fantastic one to watch for Good Friday; it's been awhile since I've listened to this one (last Good Friday, actually!), so thank you for reminding me to watch it again this year:

Evangelization is something I really struggle with, but I have learned over the years that the best evangelization happens when you evangelize with your life. Don't just talk about the joy that comes from Jesus; live it! Don't just talk about His self-sacrificial love; be a living example of it! Of course it can be challenging, and I've been trying this for years with my agnostic/atheist friends, but we just do the best we can & trust that God takes care of the rest.

Sometimes I'll look up in prayer to the Holy Spirit, and vent, mentally yelling "It's your job to convert these people, you know I can't!" When it comes down to it, you're powerless to convert your husband in any way; it's all God's work. Do well, live well, and trust.

May God continue to be with us & all our interactions!:pray:

Upvote 0