Pray to get this job and have a great career.

Mtol117

May 31, 2016
New Jersey
✟37,160.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
I recently graduated in may but I have not been able to find a job. I have had dozens of interviews over the last many months for many different roles in finance. I have a minor speech impediment that has really ruined me during interviews.

Now there are these two jobs I have been interviewing for, and the first rounds for both with HR went exceptionally well. They both fit in with what I want to do as a long-term career. I have been praying to God almost every day since May to be able to get a job. My faith has waned in and out and oftentimes I found myself doubting my faith and doubting if my prayers have ever been heard. But nowadays I feel like they are.

Please pray that I can get this job in the name of Christ. I want to work, I want to have the career I have dreamed of and prayed so long for. For the lord declared in Proverbs 16:9: “We can make our plans, but the Lord determines our steps.” Psalm 31:14-15: “But I trust in you, Lord; I say, 'You are my God. My times are in your hands.”

I pray that these are the right steps and I ask for your prayers as well.

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,085,280.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
My first prayer is that if there’s anything you can do about your speech impediment, that it will be shown to you what to do. For example, say it could be stuttering. In that case, maybe some therapy would help. You might’ve already had therapy, but maybe some extra would help.

My training is as a speech/language pathologist, so if you would like a couple of tips about stuttering, I would be happy to share.

Some people have problems with the R sound, and they can get a little clip under their tongue to loosen the tongue and be fine.

Of course I have no clue what your problem actually is. Just saying that maybe there might be some solutions.

I pray that you will be given employment and career guidance, and insight and wisdom. I pray you will be given favor with the right people for the right job. And that I will go well.

• Agree
Reactions: Tigger45
Upvote 0

biblelesson

Jun 11, 2021
College Park
✟72,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The first thing I thought about is meditation daily for a week before your interviews. It might help calm you enough to where you are abled to control your speech impediment during your interview. I notice when I meditate, my speech becomes clearer and my pronunciation is sharper.

Just a thought and other suggestions are great also.

May God bless you and help your situation!

Upvote 0