• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.

Pray that I'll find freedom from fear for people, and inner peace in general.

Discussion in 'Prayer Wall' started by Alv Vatzdal, Oct 20, 2020.

1. Alv Vatzdal

Alv Vatzdal Member

+253
    Norway
    Protestant
    Celibate
    UK-Liberal-Democrats
    I'm doing so much better these days since I started my days close to God, praying for the Holy Spirit and spending time praying for others and being able to take the focus away from myself and my own problems, but I do struggle horribly. I'm so afraid of other people and the irrational, primitive, dark impulses I've seen in my own depths and have seen in others, I don't have any friends I can spend time with that I feel build me up to be a better man. Most of all I would wish for a Christian friend. I spend so much time alone, and it's says in the bible that this is not good for us, but I don't complain as long as I have a roof over my head now that it turn toward winter and as long as I have something to eat every day. Most of all I fear the signs of the time, and the fate many people seem to have in store, I can't see any other ending to the way we all live, then that millions, or billions, will have a horrible end. It's one thing to trust in God to be with me in the days now, it's another thing to really be able to find rest in the idea that everything will work out to be something good in the end.

I hope some of you might have something of wisdom to share, that you perhaps don't even realize that I dearly need. God bless you all that might use a moment of your time in prayer for me.

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. True Counterphobia

True Counterphobia Slave to Christ

+182
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Single
    Philippians 4:4-7 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, rejoice. Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand; do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

:prayer:

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  3. Paulus59

Paulus59 Active Member

+420
    Non-Denom
    Private
    My prayers are with you Alv Vatzdal, may the Lord help you to overcome your problem and bring good caring friends into your life, so you can flourish and find fulfillment in God's will for you.

4. Tolworth John

Tolworth John Well-Known Member Supporter

+3,289
    United Kingdom
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Basic advice is to see your doctor, irrational fears are not normal.
    You need professional help.

Are you working? If not why not?
    If it is because of a medical condition then my opening comment still applies, see your doctor for either a review of your medication or for therapy

You say you are alone do you attend a church regularly?

That is two areas one finds friends, at work or at church.

5. Melody Suttles

Melody Suttles SingPeace Supporter

+353
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    CA-Conservatives
    1 John 5:14-15, “And this is the confidence that we have toward him, that if we ask anything according to his will he hears us. And if we know that he hears us in whatever we ask, we know that we have the requests that we have asked of him.”

Lord, I know that you are fully aware of what Alv needs in his life. So I pray, Lord, give Alv the desires of his heart. Send Christian friends into his life who will enrich his life, his faith, and his joy. And Lord, during the isolated times ... bring Alv closer to you in ways that are miraculous. Build him up in his holy faith and let him experience your presence intimately. In Jesus' name, amen.

6. Aussie Pete

Aussie Pete Well-Known Member Supporter

+4,870
    Australia
    Non-Denom
    Divorced
    Thank you for your honesty. God treasures honesty. He answers the one who cries out, "God be merciful to me, a sinner" and ignores the self righteous. God hears you and is answering you. He wants you to ask Him for a revelation of His love for you. I'll pray that also. When you know how much God loves you, you will realise that His will is always the best for you, no matter what it seems like. You can, and should, hand over all your worries, fears and concerns to Him who considers you worth dying for. Lord Jesus said, "Be anxious for nothing". I was born a worrier. Everything I worried about turned out to be nothing!

Let your care and concern for the lost motivate you to pray and to witness when you can. Please be assured that God is not unfair or unjust. No one who seeks the Lord will be turned away. God is love. I had to settle this in my heart decades ago. I trust in God's mercy, grace and love for all of His creation. One day, all our questions will be answered and we will understand. Until then, we need to trust.

7. Leaf473

Leaf473 Active Member

+71
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    My heart goes out to you, Alv Vatzdal!

O Lord Jesus Christ, please give Alv peace and wisdom. Thank you!

Lately I've been finding joy in watching praise videos from other countries, even when I don't know the language.

(This is my first attempt at posting a video, I hope I do it right )

I think this is Yonsei Central Baptist Church in Seoul, South Korea. The first song I don't know, the second song is "there is power in the blood" (maybe too hyper for some tastes ☺️ ), and the last song is "Pass me not, O gentle savior".
    I found the last song especially moving. Apparently in this church, it's not uncommon for some people to be deep in prayer in the middle of the praise service.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  8. Wings like Eagles

Wings like Eagles Junior Member Supporter

+146
    Christian
    Married
    Hello friend - Grace and Peace to you :pray:

9. Wings like Eagles

Wings like Eagles Junior Member Supporter

+146
    Christian