Pray that I'll become free from addiction to pills and drugs in general.

Elfkind

Jul 21, 2015
Bergen
✟19,493.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
I'm heading to my doctor now, to get a new prescription and soon start reducing the amount of Valium-like pills (benzodiazepines), a horrible addiction I've had for about 10 years now. Pray that my relationship to Jesus grow increasingly closer as my relationship to medicine and substances grow into a distant memory and the addiction can leave me be, and that I can realize that life is possible without drugs, drink and strong substances.

I'm so scared that this will screw up somehow, and the devil know that it will take very little for me to totally lose hope and go back to drug-abuse. I just want to get clean, and stay without drugs, and instead become addicted to Jesus. Please help me by praying for this, from your heart. I'd beg on my knees if this would make me really free from these chains.

Bond-servant of Christ

Sep 15, 2020
Birmingham
✟21,487.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I will most certainly pray for you, dear sister in Jesus! May out Great and Powerful God, deliver you completely from this drug abuse, which is no doubt the work of the devil. I pray that the Lord Jesus holds you tightly in His Hand, and protects you from the forces of evil. As a child of God you have the Holy Spirit living in you, and He can and will lead you to complete victory! Don't fear the devil or his scheming, but completely give your life with all its cares over to the Good Lord, and He will take your burdens and make them His own!

Some promises from the Lord for YOU!

"be strong in the Lord, and in the Power of His Might" (Ephesians 6:10)

"The sting of death is sin, and the power of sin is the law.But thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ! Therefore, my beloved brothers, be steadfast and immovable. Always excel in the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain." (1 Corinthians 15:56-58)

"What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who can bei against us? He who did not spare his own Son but gave him up for us all, how will he not also with him graciously give us all things? Who shall bring any charge against God’s elect? It is God who justifies. Who is to condemn? Christ Jesus is the one who died—more than that, who was raised—who is at the right hand of God, who indeed is interceding for us.Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or danger, or sword? As it is written,

“For your sake we are being killed all the day long;
we are regarded as sheep to be slaughtered.”

No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord." (Romans 8:31-39)

"for this reason I bow my knees before the Father,from whom every family in heaven and on earth derives its name. I ask that out of the riches of His glory He may strengthen you with power through His Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. Then you, being rooted and grounded in love, will have power, together with all the saints, to comprehend the length and width and height and depth of the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge, that you may be filled with all the fullness of God. Now to Him who is able to do so much more than all we ask or imagine, according to His power that is at work within us, to Him be the glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, forever and ever. Amen." (Ephesians 3:14-21)

"So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed" (John 8:36)

"Now to him who is able to keep you from stumbling and to present you blameless before the presence of his glory with great joy, to the only God, our Savior, through Jesus Christ our Lord, be glory, majesty, dominion, and authority, before all time and now and forever. Amen." (Jude 24-25)

"Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! According to his great mercy, he has caused us to be born again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, to an inheritance that is imperishable, undefiled, and unfading, kept in heaven for you, who by God’s power are being guarded through faith for a salvation ready to be revealed in the last time. In this you rejoice, though now for a little while, if necessary, you have been grieved by various trials, so that the tested genuineness of your faith—more precious than gold that perishes though it is tested by fire—may be found to result in praise and glory and honor at the revelation of Jesus Christ. Though you have not seen him, you love him. Though you do not now see him, you believe in him and rejoice with joy that is inexpressible and filled with glory, obtaining the outcome of your faith, the salvation of your souls. (1 Peter 1:3-9)

MAY THE LORD GOD RICHLY BLESS YOU IN EVERY WAY, AND FILL YOU WITH HIS PERFECT LOVE AND PEACE AND JOY, THAT IT OVERFLOWS FROM YOUR LIFE!!! AND DELIVER AND PROTECT YOU FROM ALL EVIL AND HARM!!!

Jesus stands with YOU!!!

Upvote 0

Heavenhome

Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2017
Newstead.Australia
✟407,525.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm heading to my doctor now, to get a new prescription and soon start reducing the amount of Valium-like pills (benzodiazepines), a horrible addiction I've had for about 10 years now. Pray that my relationship to Jesus grow increasingly closer as my relationship to medicine and substances grow into a distant memory and the addiction can leave me be, and that I can realize that life is possible without drugs, drink and strong substances.

I'm so scared that this will screw up somehow, and the devil know that it will take very little for me to totally lose hope and go back to drug-abuse. I just want to get clean, and stay without drugs, and instead become addicted to Jesus. Please help me by praying for this, from your heart. I'd beg on my knees if this would make me really free from these chains.

Praying for you. Don't be too hard on yourself and take your coming off meds slowly,(very important), following your doctors instructions.
You love Jesus and He will be with you all the way, even bearing you up.
Be patient, you WILL get there, it may take a while or maybe not. If you surrender the whole situation to Him, He will never let you down.
Don't be afraid of the devil, he is a defeated for. He may tempt but remember dear one "Greater is He (Christ) that is in you, than he (devil) that is in the world.

May the Lord bless you and strengthen you, you on your own may be weak but Jesus is mighty and " IF GOD IS FOR US, WHO CAN BE AGAINST US?":heart:

Upvote 0

Paul4JC

the Sun of Righteousness will rise with healing
Apr 5, 2020
California
✟163,819.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Lord help Alv Vatzdal if possible to get off most, if not all the prescriptions he's on. Give healing to his mind and peace in Christ and grace to deal with the rest. In Jesus name, Amen.

6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. [Phl 4:6 NIV]

Upvote 0

Stephanie7

Senior Veteran
Jun 6, 2004
✟111,104.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Heavenly Father in Your power, You can do all things. I pray that You will deliver Alv Vatsdal from his addiction in the way You choose, instantly by Your Word, or slowly withdrawing through the help of doctors and medical servants or through other righteous means like prayers of faith and deliverance, anointing of oil, herbs, natural medicines, laying of hands or other means? May he take it one day at a time, looking at the little steps ahead, always with his eyes and faith focused on You till he's climbed that mountain? thank You LORD for being his strength and his comfort, delivering him from his addiction to drugs, In Jesus Name, Amen

Upvote 0

musicalpilgrim

pilgrim on the sacred music pathway
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,622,609.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Dear Father I pray for deliverance from this addiction, replaced by hope in our wonderful Saviour.
May God bless you richly in Jesus precious name

Upvote 0

Tone

"Whenever Thou humblest me, Thou makest me great."
Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Abba Yah please Breathe Your Holy Breath mightily into this Body and raise us up in Yahshua ha Mashiach, that we may be sober minded and able to help those who do not know you, and empower us to do the good works You have prepared for us. Amen.

• Prayers
Reactions: Heavenhome
Upvote 0