south-central region
✟36,325.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I've been considerably depressed these past couple of months, which I think is widely due to a certain pattern of thinking. I need all the prayer I can get to overcome it. Thanks, brothers and sisters.

God bless you all :heartpulse:

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
One of the Greatest Places on Earth.
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I've been considerably depressed these past couple of months, which I think is widely due to a certain pattern of thinking. I need all the prayer I can get to overcome it. Thanks, brothers and sisters.

God bless you all :heartpulse:

Sorry to hear that you suffer from depression and yes depression is often a thought disorder. What is certainly true is that depression changes our thoughts into untrue ones because depression stamps itself right over everything. So everything looks dark and bad and our thoughts lie non stop to us about God, ourselves and our neighbours. Or at least that is what i have learned to understand suffering from a depressive illness.

i learned to understand from Scripture that what we sow in our heart we harvest at a later date very much multiplied. So if i feel hopeless thoughts and feelings and then begin to think and agree with those hopeless thoughts, then i will not only feel worse right then but i also sow more hopelessness in my heart and i will therefore experience more times of hopelessness in the future. The same with sadness, confusion, guilt, shame, bitterness, anger, fear and all those other depressive feelings depression brings alive within.

What a catch 22 don't you reckon? Depression generates its own depression and makes things worse if we don't hinder that process all the way.

The good news is that sowing good things in your heart works as well. So if you sow love, kindness, gentleness, forgiveness, grace, mercy, long suffering, endurance, patience, trust and joy in your heart, no matter how small the seeds are, you will harvest more of that.

This is how i worked myself out of my suicidal pit many years ago. Having a depressive illness means that i still get depressive times but i don't any longer have to dwell in the pit and feel all godforsaken.

i fought the lies of my depression with the promises of God's word and the promises of God's word won and help me every day fight against my depressive thoughts and keep me from falling.

Be of good courage and fight your depressive thoughts with the truths of Scripture. God's loving truth brings ability to break the power the depressive lies got on us.

Peace

Upvote 0

Ann93

Apr 30, 2018
New York
✟14,421.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm sorry that you are dealing with depression. I agree that you have to be a fighter and replace negative thoughts with happy ones. Have you considered starting a gratitude journal? Find three things you are thankful for every day.

Upvote 0

Mydreams

Dec 20, 2017
Delhi
✟242,348.00
Country
India
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Lord we pray for Ashley755, please bring out of depression and bless to enjoy life. Lord also bring good changes in the pattern of thinkimg, so that she is out of depression completely. Lord bless Ashley755, and this prayer, in Jesus loving name, Amen!

• Winner
Reactions: vinsight4u
Upvote 0