North Florida
✟9,630.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't trust people and have a hard time letting people in. I know I need people and to develop real Christian community but if I'm honest I'm scared that they won't accept me or it will come back to bite me. Please pray that I meet more people I can let down my walls with.

I wrote a song about it that kind of summarizes my feelings.

watchtower08

Jun 4, 2010
USA
✟22,003.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Friend, this is one of those places where the Bible is counter-intuitive. Phillipians 4:7 says "and the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard our hearts and minds in Christ Jesus." All too often, we build walls around our hearts and minds (especially if we've been hurt before) and try to guard them mainly by not letting others in. But right here, in black and white, the Bible says it is God's peace that guards our hearts.
Seek peace, and his kingdom first, then the other things you are seeking will be given to you also. Matthew 6:33

• Agree
Reactions: Jeshu
Upvote 0

anna ~ grace

Site Supporter
May 9, 2010
✟108,146.93
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't trust people and have a hard time letting people in. I know I need people and to develop real Christian community but if I'm honest I'm scared that they won't accept me or it will come back to bite me. Please pray that I meet more people I can let down my walls with.

I wrote a song about it that kind of summarizes my feelings.
You're a talented young man. God bless you, friend, and come to your aid.

Upvote 0

Stephanie7

Senior Veteran
Jun 6, 2004
✟111,104.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Some are naturally reserved and shy, some have been hurt in the past, whatever the reason, Heavenly Father, I pray asking that You will send people into this one's life, people whom he will be comfortable with, giving him time to rebuild the trust he needs, in order to further his circle of friends, In Jesus Name, thank You LORD, Amen

Upvote 0