May 5, 2004
✟29,708.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
It's looking to turn south a little more. My area (near Savannah, GA) is now out of the potental hit area... unforunately, Miami is almost right in it.

Now the good news, Frances is down to a Cat. 3, and COULD weaken a touch more before making landfall. Still a dangerous storm, though.

Upvote 0

Benedicta00

Jun 25, 2003
Visit site
✟40,563.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Photini said:
Hi OBOB. Just wanted to ask for your prayers for all of us in Florida and other nearby states. Hurricane Frances is on her way.

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/storm/content/weather/special/storm/index.html?referrer=search_buy

It may be just because we just went through CHarley...but I have a bad gut feeling about Frances.

:crosself:
We have been watching it too, that it doesn’t take Andrew’s path and cut through Florida and come to N.O. I hope nobody gets hit, and it just goes up past the coast into the Atlantic.

Through the intercession of Our Lady of Prompt Succor, may all of us be spared from disaster this hurricane season.

Upvote 0

AdJesumPerMariam

To Jesus through Mary
Jan 26, 2004
At Home
Visit site
✟51,621.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
We have been watching it for days. My step-son called about it. He is in the Navy & say it on doppler, and decided to pull in port.
Photini, I am praying for you and everyone who may be in Frances' path. I am trying to talk my husband into letting me be one of the volunteers with the Red Cross, but he seems to think I am needed here with the kids. I am also praying that If God wants me to do it, He will show my husband.
In the mean time, please keep in touch!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Pink Angel

Sep 22, 2003
Arlington, Texas
Visit site
✟8,659.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I am deffinantly praying for all of florida and surrounding states iincluding the people. I know i would be scared cuz i can barely handle tornadoes. Just know that you have amother in Heaven who cares deeply about you as well as her Son Jesus

:crosself: :crosself: :crosself: :crosself: :crosself:

Pink Angel

Upvote 0

Photini

Gone.
Jun 24, 2003
✟18,808.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
:wave: Hi everybody. Just stopping in to say hi while I still can. :) We started feeling the effects of Frances last night at about 2:30 am. Another feeder band just passed and dumped a bunch of rain on us. They're predicting that the eye will go over my area (central Florida, Polk county) at about 8 AM tomorrow.

Here's a current image: http://www.ssd.noaa.gov/PS/TROP/DATA/RT/FLOAT/IR4/20.jpg

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Benedicta00

Jun 25, 2003
Visit site
✟40,563.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Prayers are working because the storm has dropped to a category two. If it hits land as a two and not a three or four there will be damaging but not nearly as devastating as it could be. Keep praying that the storm losses power and passes over quickly and it dies down, not entering the Gulf.

Upvote 0

InnerPhyre

Nov 13, 2003
✟71,967.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Thanks for your prayers everyone. The big problem at the moment is that the storm has slowed down to about 8 MPH. Even though it's only a category two, at that speed, it's going to dump out a ton of rain and cause serious flooding. In my area, we're going to get the worst part in the middle of the night tonight, but at this point, they're saying that we're better off in Tampa than people in other parts. Stay safe, Photoni!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.