Pray for schooling

Mar 6, 2015
Nova Scotia, Canada
✟9,143.00
Faith
Un. Church of CA
Marital Status
Married
I started one university class in January, Theology. My first paper was due end of February, I thought it was great but only got 65% on it. I had no idea how to write a paper... the professor said I had great potential and a good understanding.

The second paper was very hard and due before I got the first back. I know I failed it.

There are no exams, just 3 papers and each is worth 30%. I am going to the university's writing centre for help with the third one and I really need to do well!!!

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟795,766.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Is there like a professor's assistant or someone at the Writing Centre who can review the paper prior to turning it in? Also, sometimes when you complete a paper, let it sit for a day, then read it again. This review sometimes reveals areas that need adjusting.

Lifting up your request to Yahweh, too.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Neal82

Sep 5, 2015
✟21,948.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It's a terrific idea to get help from the writing centre. I used to teach undergrads, and there were many bright and capable students who simply didn't know how to construct a paper. It's a process you have to learn. Sounds like your professor is confident you'll learn it.

Upvote 0

Korean-American Christian

raised Presbyterian. member of the Nazarene Church
Feb 21, 2017
USA
✟17,856.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Green
I started one university class in January, Theology. My first paper was due end of February, I thought it was great but only got 65% on it. I had no idea how to write a paper... the professor said I had great potential and a good understanding.

The second paper was very hard and due before I got the first back. I know I failed it.

There are no exams, just 3 papers and each is worth 30%. I am going to the university's writing centre for help with the third one and I really need to do well!!!

Praying

Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums