East of Manchester
✟2,622,609.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I pray for the will of the Lord for our independence, Brexit....
I pray that politicians will start working together, and stop infighting. That they will seek the Lord's will.

• Prayers
Reactions: quietbloke
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

AACJ

Please Pray
Nov 17, 2016
US
✟103,451.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
Jer 29:4 Thus saith the LORD of hosts, the God of Israel, unto all that are carried away captives, whom I have caused to be carried away from Jerusalem unto Babylon;
Jer 29:5 Build ye houses, and dwell in them; and plant gardens, and eat the fruit of them;
Jer 29:6 Take ye wives, and beget sons and daughters; and take wives for your sons, and give your daughters to husbands, that they may bear sons and daughters; that ye may be increased there, and not diminished.
Jer 29:7 And seek the peace of the city whither I have caused you to be carried away captives, and pray unto the LORD for it: for in the peace thereof shall ye have peace.

Are we praying for the peace of our individual countries and the cities we live in?

Upvote 0

AACJ

Please Pray
Nov 17, 2016
US
✟103,451.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
Yes we are praying for peace, but first and foremost, the will of God in our situation in the UK
I believe the desired will of God for the UK is encompassed in praying for peace, for it seems impossible that the kind of peace mentioned in Jer. 29:7 would be possible if UK leaders are consistently making wrong choices. In other words, in terms of logical order of importance, praying for the peace of the UK precedes praying for specifics. And of course we understand that it is God's will for us to pray for the peace of a nation.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.