Pray for one another?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gerry

Jesus Paid It All
May 1, 2002
Visit site
✟14,307.00
In spite of the fact that I am an old man now, and been a Christian for 30 years, I still am amazed at the responses from other Christians concerning certain points of doctrine.

So I would like to ask a question of all those who happen to read this, and if you read it please make a response. This is not one I would like to see 40 views and one or no responses to. If you are a Christian you MUST have some thought about this.

In the Bible I have, it says repeatedly, even in the form of a commandement that we, as born again, brothers and sisters, are not only to love one another but it also tells us to pray without ceasing. Now my question is, can we love one another and not pray for one another? Are we to pray for one another ONLY IF we are "led" by the Spirit to pray for one another?

What does the Bible say to you about love and prayer?

AngelAmidala

Legend
Feb 1, 2002
New York
Visit site
✟51,421.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
I think what sticks out in my mind is that we're supposed to also love our enemies.

It's very easy to tell a friend or someone we love that we'll pray for them or their family when they're in need.

But I think it's much harder to pray for people we don't like or we hate. But as Christians, we're called to do this. And not just pray for them but for their needs as well.

Upvote 0

Gerry

Jesus Paid It All
May 1, 2002
Visit site
✟14,307.00
Originally posted by AngelAmidala
I think what sticks out in my mind is that we're supposed to also love our enemies.

It's very easy to tell a friend or someone we love that we'll pray for them or their family when they're in need.

But I think it's much harder to pray for people we don't like or we hate. But as Christians, we're called to do this. And not just pray for them but for their needs as well.

Yes my Bible also says we are to love our enemies, but THAT was not the question at all! I also noticed you said it is difficult to pray for those we hate? Your Bible says we, as Christians, hate? Mine doesn't.

The question was all about love and prayer for our brothers/sisters!

Upvote 0

Blynn

Jan 15, 2002
✟22,809.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
We are the body of Christ. If one part of the body is hurting or in need it should effect us all.

A list of how I am to love my brothers and sisters in Christ.

1. LOVE one another ( John 13: 34 )

2. DEPEND ON ONE ANOTHER ( Romans 12:5 )
3. Be devoted to oner another ( Romans 12:10 )
4. Outdo one another in showing honor ( Romans 12:10 )
5. Rejoice with one another ( Romans 12:15; 1 Corin 12:26 )
6. WEEP WITH ONE ANOTHER ( Romans 12:16 )
7. Be of the same mind toward one another (Romans 12:16 )
8. Don't judge one another ( Romans 14:13 )
9. Receive one another (Roamsn 15:7 )
10.Admonish one another ( Romans 15:14 )
11.Saluteone another ( Romans 16:16 )
12. Wait for one another ( 1 Corin 11:33 )
13.Care for one another (1 Corin 12:25 )
14. Serve one another (Gal 5:13 )
15. Be kind one to another (Eph. 4:32 )
16. Forgive one another (Eph. 4:32; Col 3:13 )
17. Be tender hearted toward one another (Eph 4:42 )
18. Encourage one another (1 Thess. 5:11 )
19. Submit to one another (Eph 5:21 )
20. Forbear One Another (Eph 4:2, Col 3:13 )
21. Stimulate love in one another ( Heb 10:24 )
22. Show hospitality one to another (1 Peter 4:9 )
23. Minister gifts one to another ( 1 Peter 4: 10)
24. Be clothed in humility one toward another ( 1 Peter 5:5 )
25. Don't speak evil against one another ( Jas 4:11 )
26. Don't grumble against one another (Jas 5:9 )
27. Confess your faults one to another ( Jas 5:16 )
28. Pray for one another (Jam 5:16 )
29. Fellowship with one another (1 John 1:7 )
30. Don't be puffed up against one another (1 corin 4:6 )
31. Bear ye one another's burdens ( Gal. 6:2 )

We are to pray for one another. We are to pray without ceasing and be devoted to prayer.

We cannot honestly say that we love one another if we are not doing the above and that includes praying for one another.

Upvote 0

Gerry

Jesus Paid It All
May 1, 2002
Visit site
✟14,307.00
Thank You Blynn for this awesome list. I did not think anyone would post this list, but I am so glad you did. The heart breaking and sad thing is that you are right when you say, that we cannot honestly say we love one another if we are not doing ALL the things on this list.

Tell me you love me with a love that is unconditional, non-judgemental, and sacrificial, or don't tell me you love me at all.

Oh, if only the Family would would latch on to these precious truths and live and operate in them, what joy and blessing we would all have.

May God help us all to understand these commandments (And they are commandments) and may He fill our hearts with a deep desire and love for one another, sincerely preferring one another. May He help us to put this love in action and not just in words!

Forgive us Father, where we fail You by failing one another.

Upvote 0

GraftMeIn

The Masters Gardener
May 15, 2002
Visit site
✟6,403.00
I feel that the Bible tells me we are to love, and pray for one another. I think this goes for all our brothers and sisters in Chirst, Not just the ones we personally know. For we are all one in the body of Christ, so we cannot set ourselves or others apart. It is God who knows each of his childrens needs, so our prayer does not need to be specific, We can prayer for every single one of his children, that he sees to their needs, and keeps them in his shelter. We do not need to know who they are, He already knows that. We do not need to know what their needs are, He already knows what they are.

So may we always pray for all of our brothers, and sisters in Christ. That not one should ever fall away or become lost. May he continue to sheperd us all unto his eternal salvation.

We must always remember that when we turn away a stranger, we are not only turning away that stranger, but also turning away Christ.

Upvote 0

Gerry

Jesus Paid It All
May 1, 2002
Visit site
✟14,307.00
YESSSSS!!! I so agree with you! I think sometimes our Family does not fully realize the impact of their prayers on our lives. I know I draw strength just from knowing someone is praying for me.

I know that we all have times in our lives when we feel all alone and that no one is with us and no one even understands us. But when we know someone is praying for us we do not feel so alone and then we are encouraged to pray for ourselves and others as well. And the more we pray the more strength we draw.

I think this is just one more of the many reasons we are told to pray for one another!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.