Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I have threads which explain this. I have let a man from church stay with me for over a month, because he had no where else to go.

I was new to this church, and was someone who was on the "sides" and kind of in the shadows. He saw me as an easy target to take advantage of and has used me for money. He is an alcoholic and drug addict.

When I kicked him out, he got violent, made me scared, had me go into my bedroom to lock the door. And, then tried to break in, but I told him to stop or I'd call the police. Then became frustrated and vandalized my apartment.

Afterward, he went outside and I locked him out of my apartment. Then he let the air out of my tires out.

I then called the police on him.

He couldn't collect all of his belongings and after he stayed in Jail for two days, he returned. My brother told me to throw his belongings out in the trash, but I didn't.

I wanted to love him like the Bible commands me to. But, after he collected his things he said something weird like he's lead me to believe that he's told people at church bad things about me.

Before kicking him out, I did manage to tell the pastor about this man's drug problems, and after my facebook posts, some people seem to be on my side.

I even asked the leaders of our Young Adults group to reach out to him so he doesn't fall deeper.

But, one person at this church said that he spoke to the drug addict first, and thinks that I hurt the drug addict too.

The aforementioned man is also a leader in our Young Adults group and he and I don't get along very well. I dislike his views that I can sin as often as I want and still go to heaven.

I don't acknowledge that I am saved, because I think that we can't know that we're saved. I heard this from a Lutheran pastor and I agree with his logic.

Belief in Jesus is a start, but if I go around sinning all the time then I take for granted the sacrifice that he made for me.

But, the leader who seems to dislike me says that Jesus said that "My burden will be easy" and that I can sin as often as I want, and that I shouldn't "use a sliding scale of righteousness" and "not to compare myself to others".

He even made me sound like a Pharisee and said, "I'm willing to do anything or give up anything for God, are you?"

I didn't tell him this, but I was thinking that if he was willing to do ANYTHING for God, then why not give up inappropriate contentography? And, give up all his material wealth, and go help people like the drug addict that I let stay with me?

He refused to take this person in before I left to go back and visit home. Home, btw, is MILES AWAY. It's so far, that I have to take a plane to get there.

And, going home is EXPENSIVE. I can't go do it that often.

So, I have no choice but to look for community in a far away place. But, I have bad people skills, and I sometimes make enemies without meaning to.

Like the drug addict, and the Young Adults leader who says that he's saved in spite of his inappropriate content problem because he is willing to do anything for God.

I might be a hypocrite. I don't know. Maybe I shouldn't talk about this guy, because I look at inappropriate content, too?

But, I would never say that I'd be willing to do ANYTHING for God, because God might test me to see if that's the case.

I feel like people who actually say this, say this because they really don't believe in God and don't worry about God actually testing them. Or, else, why say such things?

Either that, or they're the real deal. But, I doubt that most of those who say those kinds of things really are legit.

Please pray for my protection within this church, if I am meant to go to this church. If not, please help me find the place where I belong.

I need protection against my enemies within this church. Please don't let these two sway their opinions, and please pray that my behavior doesn't do this as well.

liars_paradox

Jun 8, 2009
North Carolina
✟9,505.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
And, he even made it sound like my helping the drug addict isn't a legitimate thing I'm doing for God. Maybe he's right?

I just dislike this leader of our Young Adults group so much. He says insulting things to me alot. And, I don't know why he's that way, but I honestly think that it's because he's jealous of me because I might make more money than him. And, that he and I disagree on certain theological points.

And, I think that he probably associates me with a particular group of Christians who go around judging people and making others feel bad. Which, I really am not.

This church's message isn't to control your behavior. They "try to keep it light" (as the drug addict put it), by not focusing on telling people what to do or else they'd go to Hell.

That's why the drug addict and the inappropriate content addict like this church. They can still hurt others, and continue to feel like the Holy Spirit dwells within them.

Upvote 0

liars_paradox

Jun 8, 2009
North Carolina
✟9,505.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Btw, we have tons of leaders at this Young Adults group. The size of this Young Adults group is the size of a small church. The church's congregation itself is massive.

This church is really popular, because the pastors are talented speakers. Some of them are also lawyers, or are public speakers for a living. It seems that the pastors here take acting lessons, because many of them fake cry on stage.

And, they'll fake cry for the morning, noon, and evening services. Because, really, it's an act. I'm not saying that they're liars, but for this church, being able to perform on stage is seems to be a requirement for their pastors.

Upvote 0

ThyLovingkindness

Senior Veteran
Feb 16, 2012
✟14,359.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hi there, it sounds like you have a tremendous amount on your mind. Be still, know that He is God, and listen for that still, small voice. Praying that you see any part that you may have had in all of this drama. The first part of your thread reminds me of something I went through, so I'm not judging, I can relate. I learned that I mustn't cast pearls before swine, and that if my voice isn't heard by someone who's unsaved, to shake the dust off of my feet. If you didn't know this already, pretty much what I wrote here is scriptural. Blessings!

Reactions: liars_paradox
Upvote 0

liars_paradox

Jun 8, 2009
North Carolina
✟9,505.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Yes, I know about what Jesus said about giving your pearls to pigs. :D.

This person was definitely a pig. And, he wouldn't hesitate to turn people against me as revenge for not allowing him to continue using me.

I hope that God will protect me, and punish him even. I'm totally a victim here, and I prayed and asked people to reach out to him. But, he says evil things and turns people against me.

I would like God to punish him for what he's done.

Upvote 0

liars_paradox

Jun 8, 2009
North Carolina
✟9,505.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Thanks for your prayers. Keep praying. I know that the drug addict might have more allies than me and he might turn people in this church against me - forcing me to find another church.

And, I have no old friends or family here in this state. My family lives in NC and I live in Texas, which is really far away from home for me.

On top of the fact that I have bad people skills. It makes matters worse. I don't want to have to go searching for a new church.

Upvote 0

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,086,276.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
That guy is kidding himself that you can sin and sin and just be forgiven. We are told over and over in Scriptures to turn away from our sins. There is a verse where Messiah tells people who call to Him, "Lord! Lord!" to "Be gone from Me you workers of lawlessnesss." He also said that lust was the same as the sin of adultery.

Anyway, I personally am gonig to pray that you study the Scripture a lot more and not listen to people like that guy. Praying you will be given wisdom on what to do re the situation with the drug addict.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

liars_paradox

Jun 8, 2009
North Carolina
✟9,505.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
This is a really old post.

A lot has happened since then. I'm mad at this church, but my behavior doesn't help things.

All of my anger, and my angry e-mails to the young adults pastor has really hurt me.

Plus, when I had the crappier job, I used to complain about money problems to the intern pastor who was the one behind my getting kicked out of small groups in the first place. And, the small groups issue isn't what I mentioned in my original post.

It's a long story. But, at least these people were kind enough to let me know that I'm not allowed back in.

I would get upset and wonder why God didn't protect me, but I did look at inappropriate content yesterday, so maybe God doesn't want to help me, because of my sin?

In any case, this church is pretty exhausting.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.