Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
My mom doesn't believe, so she isn't saved. I am kind of sinful and selfish, so I don't know if I can bring her over to God and let God find her. Yet, I would hate for my mom to go to Hell. She really is a good person, in spite of her selfish sons and husband.

If there is anyone that I know well that deserves to go to heaven more than anyone else, it would be her. Of course, we aren't saved by our acts, but by our faith.

One of the things that drives my mom away from Christ is hypocritical Christians. So many people who professed to be believers in Christ have taken advantage of her naivity. So, she has developed this perception of Christians as being mostly hypocritical.

My dad, for instance, professes faith in Jesus, and he does this alot on facebook alot now that his kids and wife have all left him. But, he lies alot and growing up he was pretty addicted to inappropriate content. I don't think that I have a right to judge him, because he is my dad, but I can see why he and other people like him might make my mom dislike Christians.

And, it's not just him, by the way. She's had bad experience with other Christians as well.

However, she is encouraging me to go to church so that I can find some friends. I don't like it when we argue over my faith though. In any case, I would like for my mom to be saved one day.

Now that she's kind of old and she's had heart failure, it might be more imperative now that someone guide her to accepting Christ.

I don't believe that I could be that person. I have problems of my own, and the relationship of being her son and her not wanting to be bossed around by her own son would make it harder for me to guide her to accepting Jesus as her savior.

So, please pray for my mom to accept Christ in some way. She really is a "good" person by conventional standards. A really good mother, and wife even (from my perspective, not sure if my dad would agree).

My mom has done alot for her husband and children. I don't know anyone who's done more even as much for her own family as my mom has. Most women leave men that they don't get along with, and most don't spend their family's money to pay for their husband's spending habits.

My dad has wasted alot of money on things and brought this family through some hard times. I can't say that he was a deadbeat, it would be unfair for me to describe him like he was. BUT, he's bought things like trucks or expensive cable or sattellite, pay-per-view movies, etc. on impulse and through out their marriage my mom's family has had to foot the bill for it.

And, sometimes, he didn't have a job. During those times, my mom not did ALL of the household chores, but she worked while my dad refused to do anything.

I feel bad describing him like this, but he really is an a-hole.

And, my mom is one out of a billion. Most women don't stick around a bad marriage for the sake of her children, even at the expense of the family that she came from. Or, work and do all of the house chores while her husband neither has a job nor do any house chores.

And, in spite of all that my mom has done for my dad, my brothers, and me we don't really show her the respect that she deserves.

And, if she were to go to Hell, it would make things much worse for me as well. I do love my mom, in spite of my being a brat towards her sometimes. I do think that she's an extraordinary woman and mother. I really do hope that she can become saved somehow, so that there would be some reward in her life after all of her hardships.

I know that this is cliche, but my mom is a "saint". She wouldn't likely be sainted by the Roman catholic church or anything like that, but she is genuinely a good person and there are very few people who are like her.

ForeverHopeful

Senior Veteran
Jun 19, 2006
✟11,669.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Your mom is VERY BLESSED to have a loving, praying son such as yourself! You are doing the right thing, lifting her up in prayer for Salvation. God surely hears you and he wants the same thing. I would be happy to pray with you.

Heavenly Father, thank you for the love this son has for his mom. Thank you for blessing him with such a loving mom too. In Jesus name I pray that she finds Salvation and a renewed, right Spirit of hope and faith giving you ALL the GLORY. I know and believe that you can change things in just one minute, so I give you praise and thanks for meeting the needs of this family. Draw them closer to you during this time and always. Thank you Father, Amen!

Reactions: liars_paradox
Upvote 0

liars_paradox

Jun 8, 2009
North Carolina
✟9,505.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
At this point, it seems very unlikely that my mom will accept Jesus Christ.

I haven't mentioned this, but my mom moved down to Atlanta, GA when I was living there, and moved with me to Irving, TX (a suburb of Dallas, TX), and has lived with me for nearly a year. Part of that has to do with her not getting along with my dad.

Now, the mom having heart failure and money problems have been a problem for me, but while she's been with me, she's done alot to keep my apartment clean. She has also went to church with me to help me make friends there a few times at this one Baptist church. She encourages me to go find churches so that I can make friends there, because I do get pretty lonely.

But, I do have a bad attitude towards her sometimes. I get stressed out with problems in my life and I unintentionally take them out on her. Recently she said she was fed up with me and out of no where my brothers are actually going to put their money together to buy her plane tickets to come back.

I really will miss her, she really has done alot for me when she was down here. And, more important than the fact that she's pretty much done all of my cooking and cleaning for me for almost a year, she has given me company when for almost a year in Atlanta, I was so super-lonely.

And, tonight, after coming back from meeting people from a church to go eat dinner, she attacked my religion again. She's really tired of me, tired of my faith, my attitude, and the way that I argue over things.

She thinks that I probably do argue with other people about my faith, which I don't really. But, I am an argumentative person. She told me that most people aren't like me, they just go with the flow and don't bother trying to argue with other people - even over the subject of faith. And, that's mostly true.

But, look at what I wrote above. This thread was supposed to be about my mom, but what I just now wrote is mostly about me. Yes, my mom is a really good person. One of the best mothers in the world. She could easily win an award if they were handing them out.

But, I am a selfish son who's mostly preoccupied with his own problems. I think that it's because of that that I am not able to bring her to Christ. I really worry that she might be a lost cause, in spite of being such a devoted mother to her children and having to face so much injustice in her life.

I worry that if she died while never accepting Jesus Christ as her savior, that my own faith will be struck very hard.

My mom seems to be really fed up with me. And, maybe she should be. There's worldly concern attached to this as well. If she hates me more then she's less likely to help me when I am in financial need.

Which is another anxiety of mine, because I am so selfish and worry so much over myself.

But, mostly, I would hate for her to think that I was a lost cause at some point. Maybe I am, but I really hope that I am not. I really do hope that I find happiness some how, and that my mom can die knowing that I turned out well after all.

And, that all her energy put into my life, into making me as successful as I am was for nothing. I really do owe her alot, and yet I don't do enough to show her that I know this.

If it wasn't for my mom, I wouldn't have went to college, I wouldn't have graduated college, and I wouldn't have the kind of job that I have now. The same applies to my dad to some extent, and yet he probably hates me. He and I don't get along very well, after all.

Please keep praying for my mom to accept Jesus Christ as her savior. I really do wish that God would save her. I might not be saved myself, but even then I would still want my mother to be saved. I don't know what it would take, because she has told me that the stories from the bible sound ridiculous, and the way that I describe God makes her hate him.

Which is one reason why I am believe that I probably won't be the one to bring her to God.

Anyways, I still would like for you people to continue to pray for her. If you have already prayed, and this thread is bumped because my mom is still unsaved and I am worried, please feel free to pray again on this thread.

I really want my mom to be saved, and I really hope that our prayers will reach God and that God will have my mom accept his son has her personal savior.

Upvote 0

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,083,021.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
"Many will call to Me in that day, Lord, Lord..." i.e. many (not few!) people who think they are followers of Yahushua will be cast out. We are also told that wolves will come in among the sheep. Ain't it the truth. Your mother is wise to shun hypocrites. Prayng she will learn to know and love the Good Shepherd, though.

Reactions: liars_paradox
Upvote 0

liars_paradox

Jun 8, 2009
North Carolina
✟9,505.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
"Many will call to Me in that day, Lord, Lord..." i.e. many (not few!) people who think they are followers of Yahushua will be cast out. We are also told that wolves will come in among the sheep. Ain't it the truth. Your mother is wise to shun hypocrites. Prayng she will learn to know and love the Good Shepherd, though.

I'm attending this church where their main message is that we're all sinners. But, it's okay and they try not to be judgmental of other people.

I have been to churches where the main focus seemed to be on repentance. One example was this church that was behind this campus ministry group when I was in college. They kept pushing repentance, and I did find myself not getting along with the people there.

I admitted to having watched inappropriate content when I was attending this group. I don't know if that had any affect, but the people there were nice at first, but they became less nice as time went past. I ended up resenting some of the people from that campus ministry group.

So, I hear people talk about hypocrites and I understand why they do. But, alot of people are imperfect and some people are just incredibly merciless, it seems.

My mom is about to leave for North Carolina this Sunday. I won't see her again for a while. She'll be going back to my dad, who is big mean guy (for lack of a better word that is appropriate for this website).

He, I think, is part of the reason why she's turned off by Christianity. Although, my dad himself doesn't really like going to church that often. Yet, he's been posting alot of things about God and criticizing this country while doing it, because Obama was elected.

Anyways, I won't be able to do anything for her to help bring her over to Christ because I will be 1500 miles away from her. And, to add to it, both of my brothers don't believe in Christ.

The one brother who still talks to me on the phone occasions appeared to believe in Jesus before. And, even when he might not have, he still tolerated my talking about the bible on the phone to him.

But, now, he gets upset when I talk about the bible at all. His fiancee and her friends are very anti-Christian. They hate religion and hate it when people talk about the bible.

So, my mom won't really have anyone there to influence her opinion of Christianity in a positive way. The only influences that she will have are negative. My dad, my brothers, their girlfriends, and all the people who she will be around all will likely push her away from Christ.

I came to Texas in hopes of building a future for myself, but I really do wished that I had done more to give her a positive opinion of Jesus and to help her believe in him.

As I already stated before, she really is a good mother. I have seen other people's mothers, and know that she is more devoted to her children's future moreso than them. Very few people are like her, I think.

SO, it would be terrible if she did die without accepting Christ, in spite of a life of injustice and sacrificing so much for her family.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

liars_paradox

Jun 8, 2009
North Carolina
✟9,505.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I'm reposting this because this is the most important part of my last post, and I want people to see this:

My mom is about to leave for North Carolina this Sunday. I won't see her again for a while. She'll be going back to my dad, who is big mean guy (for lack of a better word that is appropriate for this website).

He, I think, is part of the reason why she's turned off by Christianity. Although, my dad himself doesn't really like going to church that often. Yet, he's been posting alot of things about God and criticizing this country while doing it, because Obama was elected.

Anyways, I won't be able to do anything for her to help bring her over to Christ because I will be 1500 miles away from her. And, to add to it, both of my brothers don't believe in Christ.

The one brother who still talks to me on the phone occasions appeared to believe in Jesus before. And, even when he might not have, he still tolerated my talking about the bible on the phone to him.

But, now, he gets upset when I talk about the bible at all. His fiancee and her friends are very anti-Christian. They hate religion and hate it when people talk about the bible.

So, my mom won't really have anyone there to influence her opinion of Christianity in a positive way. The only influences that she will have are negative. My dad, my brothers, their girlfriends, and all the people who she will be around all will likely push her away from Christ.

I came to Texas in hopes of building a future for myself, but I really do wished that I had done more to give her a positive opinion of Jesus and to help her believe in him.

As I already stated before, she really is a good mother. I have seen other people's mothers, and know that she is more devoted to her children's future moreso than them. Very few people are like her, I think.

SO, it would be terrible if she did die without accepting Christ, in spite of a life of injustice and sacrificing so much for her family.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,083,021.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Just a thought. I wonder if it would bless your mother to see this post, for one reason to see how much your admire and love her - in print. I think she would cherish it. I'm a mother & I would.

As to all those hypocrites, yep, that's what Messiah said would happen. He said wolves in sheep's clothing would come in amongst the believers. Further we are told that things will get even worse in the last days, which, along with so many others, I certainly believe these are.

Praying for your mother to see the Good Shepherd and not the wolves in sheep's clothing.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.